• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

yazzy- most of his movements are uncomfortable now- no more room to move!

tooth-fairy- hope your appointment goes well!

maryanne- all those names are beautiful!

I am officially the sterotypical grumpy, uncomfortable whale of a preggo... its far too hot so my feet and hands are swelling and just pain hurt, can't walk (at least that is nothing new lol), can't sleep and can't stand up without feeling like im going to pass out. The knowledge that it will all be more than worth it in a few short weeks is the only thing that is making it better. The finish line is soooo close!

Ahh I'm glad I'm not the only one. Sometimes it feels like he/she is digging their way out lol.

Love all the names maryanne! All so pretty!!

Evan was on our list tooth fairy :) both of your choices are great as well!

Definitely got some painful movements here. Especially when he decides to roll or tries to stretch. And he usually sticks a foot up by my rib.

Lovely names everyone. Our daughters name will be Angelina.

That's a beautiful name babyfeva!

So growth scan done. Princess is now weighing in at approx 7lbs3! Consultant couldn't be there due to being called to theatre so have to go back Friday to find out what will happen but midwife said it looks like we are looking at induction at 37 weeks. Mainly due to the fact she is gaining around a lb a week even though I'm doing my absolute best to control the gd. So if she carries on gaining weight at the pace she is now that will mean at 37 weeks she will be around 9lbs4! :/ I'm a bit gutted as I absolutely did not want to be induced. It was a horrible Experiance with my son but guess as long as she arrives safely then that's all that matters. Can't believe I could be having a baby in two weeks! Eeeekkkk!!!!!!

Agree! Love the name babyfeva!

So sorry you may b facing induction maryanne :flower: but definitely exciting she may be here in 2 weeks!!!

sorry it wasn't the news you were hoping for Maryanne- but you are right as long as baby gets here safely thats all that matters... and very exciting we could have the first of the group's babies here in just two weeks!!!!

babyfeva - love your baby name! :flower:

Maryanne - sorry to hear about the potential induction (and hope you find out Friday for sure), but glad the little one is doing well! I agree with others, I can't believe the first baby of our group may be here in just 2 weeks' time:thumbup: This is awesome news! :thumbup: It's feeling really close now!!

AFM - I had my OB appointment today and will be having weekly appointments from now on :thumbup: Today they did a blood draw so that they can do a blood count, check iron levels etc. and also took a vaginal swab to check for GBS bacteria. Really hoping these come back clear! One thing I didn't like was that he also did a pelvic exam to check my cervix (which was entirely closed and 0% effaced btw), but I feel like 35 weeks is way too early for anything like that. I hope it doesn't happen again for another 3 weeks at least, and if that's my OB's system, I'm going to ask if I can avoid it until I hit 38 weeks or so. I wonder if others have had pelvic exams this many weeks before your due date?

In other news, baby is now head down :happydance: and my OB took the head diameter which measured 35w6d, so baby may be slightly big. My doctor said he can easily weigh 8lbs. or more by the time I reach 40 weeks (he was estimated at 4lbs 8oz back at 32 weeks), and even though he's confident I can deliver vaginally based on my pelvic size (which he said is normal), he'd also prefer it if I didn't go over 40 weeks as I'm still quite petite for a possibly big-ish baby. So we'll have to see. The head was quite low according to the doc, which he said is a good thing.

One thing that worried me a bit was that I'd only gained 1lb. in the last 3 weeks (though last time around I was at the other clinic, so I wonder if their scales may be slightly different), but my doc didn't seem worried at all, in fact he didn't even mention it. So I'm up just a little over 14lbs. from the beginning of pregnancy as of this morning.

That's it in a nutshell. Next appointment is Tuesday next week.

FX all your tests are good christi!! I actually lost 2 lbs since my previous appointment and the OB wasn't concerned at all. She said weight can plateau and go up and down, not to worry so I wasn't. It does seem a little early for a cervix check but not sure! Glad your little guy is head down!

With DS1 i lost at least a pound per week from 35 weeks on- my ob wasn't concerned at all

Maryanne, how exciting that you may be having your baby in 2 weeks! Hopefully you won't have to be induced.

So excited that Thursday is my last day of work!

Friday this week in my last day of work :winkwink: Saturday is a month to my due date and Tuesday next week marks week 36, so I'll officially be 9 months pregnant :winkwink:
Don't know if it really counts, as I'm self employed, so I got to decide when to stop, plus I had already reduced my workload in the past 2 months, but I think now I'll be really able to put my feet up and rest until baby comes. Can't wait! :thumbup:

Thanks carebear and bug about the weight gain info! I thought you were only supposed to gain after a certain point, and everything I read said 1lb./week on average in the third trimester, so I was really confused as to why I hadn't gained more. But I'm sure all variations are normal.

Wow Maryanne to think you may have baby in your arms so soon! Are you all organised yet?! I have so much to sort out lol.

I had my 34 week appointment today, all ok. Measuring at 31 weeks so a few weeks behind but still within normal range so midwife was happy. Got a scan in 2 weeks as well.

Had my 36w check-up today. I'm measuring at 37w. I need to finish up shopping and pack my hospital bag ASAP!

Just got home from my Dr's appt- and officially in prodromal labour. Been having contractions every 30-40 mins lasting about 30 seconds. Since she was doing the GBS swab she did an internal and I'm fingertip dilated with baby's head VERY low.

Also happened to get my c-section date- Aug 27th. She isn't convinced I will be making it to that date lol. Though this type of pattern can last for days/weeks so who knows! Might amount to nothing at all.

Fundal height measuring 37 weeks. Heartbeat 144bpm.

Very exciting for both of you cutie and bug!!! I'm excited to know who's going to be first of our group!!

Great news yazzy and cutie! :thumbup:
I will be packing my hospital bag this weekend, don't want to leave it any longer.

Bug - great news that you have your c-section date :thumbup: Hope your little one isn't in a big rush and he gets to stay in there until the 27th! Yep, this pre-labor thing can last weeks, that's for sure.
I've had days with crazy Braxton Hicks lasting up to 12 hours at a time that make me wonder if something is happening, but nope, and my cervix is still sealed up, so...:shrug: My Mom gets here on the 23rd, so I hope he doesn't come out before then, but after that, anytime :winkwink: He'll be well over 37 weeks (almost 38) at that point, so I won't be worried about prematurity anymore :winkwink:

I too am excited to know who will go first from our group! :flower:

Three hours till appointment time!!! Eeeeek!! Literally cannot sleep I'm so nervous. I'm kind of hopping between being super excited and having a mini breakdown at the thought if her being here so soon. Thanks for all your kind words ladies, and no yazzy I still have so much to sort out! The time has passed so quickly. I don't feel prepared at all!

Hope you enjoyed your last day of work babyfeva!

Try not to worry Christi, I've lost quite a few pounds the last few weeks due to sickness returning. My consultant isn't at all worried long as baby is growing. Hope your little one stays put till your mum Arrives! Bet she's very excited!

Yey for a date bug! Hopefully things will calm down for you and you will make it till then. I can't wait to see which baby will arrive first!

Glad your appointment went well cutie :)

So excited that Thursday is my last day of work!

Friday this week in my last day of work :winkwink: Saturday is a month to my due date and Tuesday next week marks week 36, so I'll officially be 9 months pregnant :winkwink:
Don't know if it really counts, as I'm self employed, so I got to decide when to stop, plus I had already reduced my workload in the past 2 months, but I think now I'll be really able to put my feet up and rest until baby comes. Can't wait! :thumbup:

Thanks carebear and bug about the weight gain info! I thought you were only supposed to gain after a certain point, and everything I read said 1lb./week on average in the third trimester, so I was really confused as to why I hadn't gained more. But I'm sure all variations are normal.

Happy last day of work!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"