September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Awesome that all your test results came back great! :) sounds like you are prepared!!

Back from my OB appointment. All is well with the little one and he was still head down :thumbup: Being a first time mom, it's much more unlikely that he'll flip back, especially since he's starting to run out of space from now on. I was also happy that there was no cervical check today. There was going to be one, but I asked if I could forego it 'till closer to the due date and was met with no resistance :thumbup: It was much simpler than I thought - for some reason I was expecting some kind of a pep talk about why I should have it and was preparing to have to counter-argue or something, but nope. So much the better :thumbup:
Next appointment is a week from today at 37 weeks.

On a different note, I can't believe I'm 36 weeks already, just 4 weeks away from the due date, and that the baby could conceivably be here even before then! :happydance:
Also, I guess we have our first few ladies in the group turning 37 weeks this week, aka full term. Big congrats to all of you - such a huge milestone! :hugs:

That's great you had a good appointment christi and that they listened to your wishes without argument about the cervical exam :thumbup:

Like I said on the fb group, mine went well today too :happydance:
Results from the ultrasound has him in the 80th percentile for a 34 week baby (so he's 1 week ahead since I had the ultrasound at 33 weeks). The doctor expects him to be 8-9 lbs if I carry to my due date. His heart rate was 141 today, still head down (and she also said he's unlikely to turn). My appointment in 2 weeks will be the first internal and they will take the GBS swab.

Great news on your appointments ladies! These babies are going to be here before we know it!!!

Good news from your appointments ladies!

I've started washing baby clothes etc today, glad I haven't bought much as I forgot how much neutral things I have from my daughter!

I'm so glad everyone's appointments are going well!! I have one tomorrow, so hopefully we will see how big shure is and if my doctor has any induction plans. I am fine with letting her stay as long as she needs, but with her being so big she may want to intervene and induce. I will also get my GBS results from the other week. It's getting so close ladies!! A little tmi, but I think I lost some of my mucus plug today!!! Ahhh!!

Good luck tomorrow wantabby! Let us know how it goes :flower:

Keep in mind that scan weight estimates can be very off, so while they're good to give you a rough idea of how things are going, they also need to be taken with a grain of salt :winkwink: I believe they say they can be off by up to 2lbs. up or down, though to be honest, I've heard of even greater disparities in my circle of friends. So when my OB tells me we're expecting an 8+ lb. baby if I go all the way to my due date, I nod but I think to myself 'we'll see' :haha:

Exciting about the mucus plug! My doctor told me that starting this week, I may start seeing more mucus-y discharge, sometimes even blood-tinged, but I haven't seen any differences so far. Doesn't mean much about when you will actually go into labor, but it is one more sign that your body is gearing up for the big day! :thumbup:

Exciting wantabby!!

I'm impatiently awaiting birth announcements :coffee: Seems like our September LOs want to be cooked as long as possible! (no complaints there I'm just excited since I know I probably won't be till mid-late september)

So glad everyone's appointments are going well! Good luck for yours tomorrow wantabby.

I can't wait for the birth announcements now either! It's so exciting. Cannot believe in just a few weeks we will all have our little babies here.

On the subject of plugs mine seems to stopped coming away :( I have been losing it since about 28 weeks, more noticeably after episodes of braxton hicks but now there's nothing much to report which makes me sad as I'm so impatient for something to happen.

Not sure if I posted it here but our little girly now has a name, Aurora. Named after my great, great grandma :)

Carebear don't worry, we are quite close on due dates so our lo's might arrive close together!

Exciting to think these babies will be arriving soon :)

On a funny note my oh was telling me this morning that when he woke up I was asleep but on my back...anyway he caught sight of my bump and he said it looked like the baby was trying to get out lol! It creeper him out so he had to get up ha ha ha! I have to admit it does make me feel funny when baby is going crazy as it's like an alien trying to escape!

Love the name Maryanne! :flower:

That's funny yazzy! I think mine sleeps pretty much every time I sleep, though I bet he also gets activity periods during the night and I just never realize because Ι'm fast asleep :haha:

Just home from my 37 week appointment. All good with my BP etc, Brodie's heartbeat is good, still measuring just a week ahead.
Haven't had any more contractions for the past few days apart from the usual BHs.

Got good news about the c-section- as it is a smaller hospital we are going to we thought that Brodie was going to have to go up to the maternity floor with DH while I was in recovery- but apparently the Dr's have really been pushing hard for a policy change and has recently gone through so both DH and Brodie will stay in recovery with me!!! SOOOOO happy!!! They have also recently changed the guidelines on how long I would have to stay in the hospital after the c-section- it was 72 hours at minimum but recently that has changed and now discharge can be as early as 36 hours (of course depending on how Brodie and I are doing). Again soooo happy I might be able to get home to DS1 quicker.

Two weeks today till baby day!

That's so awesome bug!! :thumbup: and two weeks away, OMG! YAY!

Love the name maryanne! It's beautiful! She'll really be a little princess :)

Yazzy - that's so funny. My DH is the same. He's creeped out from that alien movie where it does come out of the stomach. Yikes!

Appointment today. My little guy is measuring 38w @ 7lb11oz.

They're anticipating an induction on the 27th, a week early, and she said they definitely won't let me go past my due date.

Good news cutie - I bet it's hitting home how close you are :flower:
Like I said on Facebook, maybe your little one will decide to come before your due date anyway, so that an induction might not even be needed :winkwink:
Keep us posted on what your docs decide to do!

Hey ladies, I updated yesterday but it apparently didn't post.. ughh..lol!!

So all of my vitals were good, my GBS came back negative. .yay!! So we are just waiting now.. she is head down and engaged most of the time. She floated out a little during scan..lol! She said she won't stop me if I go into labor now. Adaline is estimated to weigh 7#11oz..that is at 36w3d!! I am afraid if she gets much bigger vaginal delivery won't be an option for me.. :( She had rythmic "breathing" during the scan also. My doctor said that was very reassuring. So now the walking / bd'ing will commence so hopefully she will come on out! My ankle swelling is getting worse and not really going down anymore.. joy!

** she wouldn't check my cervix in fear that it would irritate my cervix && put me in labor.. she said she will check this coming week...eek!!

Great news about your tests, vitals and baby's progress wantabby! :thumbup:
Sorry to hear your ankle swelling is getting worse. At least the end is in sight now :hugs:

Re baby's estimated weight and the need for her to come out sooner rather than later, try not to over stress yourself about it (though, by all means, walk and BD to your heart's content :winkwink:). Scan estimates are just estimates, and they are often very off (either under or over estimating compared to actual birth weight).
I've said that before (I hope I don't sound repetitive :blush:) but I have multiple friends on both sides of the spectrum whose babies were born either much bigger or much smaller than their scan estimates indicated.
There are also several threads like those below just with a quick Google search:
https://www.babycenter.com/400_how-...t-estimates-via-ultrasound-for_14398984_99.bc
https://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse...-accurate-estimated-baby-weight-scan-all.html

So really, you never know with certainty until baby is actually born :winkwink: so try and relax and enjoy your last few weeks of pregnancy :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->