September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Wow Maryanne to think you may have baby in your arms so soon! Are you all organised yet?! I have so much to sort out lol.

I had my 34 week appointment today, all ok. Measuring at 31 weeks so a few weeks behind but still within normal range so midwife was happy. Got a scan in 2 weeks as well.

Yay for a great appointment!

Just got home from my Dr's appt- and officially in prodromal labour. Been having contractions every 30-40 mins lasting about 30 seconds. Since she was doing the GBS swab she did an internal and I'm fingertip dilated with baby's head VERY low.

Also happened to get my c-section date- Aug 27th. She isn't convinced I will be making it to that date lol. Though this type of pattern can last for days/weeks so who knows! Might amount to nothing at all.

Fundal height measuring 37 weeks. Heartbeat 144bpm.

So excited for you Bugg!!

Three hours till appointment time!!! Eeeeek!! Literally cannot sleep I'm so nervous. I'm kind of hopping between being super excited and having a mini breakdown at the thought if her being here so soon. Thanks for all your kind words ladies, and no yazzy I still have so much to sort out! The time has passed so quickly. I don't feel prepared at all!

Hope you enjoyed your last day of work babyfeva!

Try not to worry Christi, I've lost quite a few pounds the last few weeks due to sickness returning. My consultant isn't at all worried long as baby is growing. Hope your little one stays put till your mum Arrives! Bet she's very excited!

Yey for a date bug! Hopefully things will calm down for you and you will make it till then. I can't wait to see which baby will arrive first!

Glad your appointment went well cutie :)

How did your appointment go?

How exciting Bugg!!

My apt. went well ladies nothing too exciting, he just checked the HB. at 37 weeks they will start doing cervical checks. Hubby is coming back to California next weekend for Ava's party so plan on changing the apt so he can go to the apt with me :D

Hope everyone who has apt.'s coming up the best of luck :hugs:

Had my 36 week checkup today and all is well. Baby estimates to be 6 lbs. Had a cervical check and was only a fingertip dilated. Also had the GB swab done. Another appointment next Friday.

Mine went well. 37 week checkup next Friday.

I'm not sure when they will check my cervix. Group B was done as well. Not as bad as I had expected.

Great news about your appointments ladies! :thumbup:

Re the cervical check: I hope my doctor doesn't want to do it every week (he did it this past Tuesday at my 35w checkup, right after he took the GBS swab), or I think I'll ask to forego it until really close to the due date (like 38-39 weeks). Maybe it's a personal pet peeve, but I'm not really in favor of this exam, especially if there's no real reason for it, like risk for preterm labor or labor signs. And it's only done so early and so frequently in the US, no other developed country and it's not without its risks :nope: Even if they find you've dilated, it actually says nothing about when labor will actually begin. There are women who walk around dilated by 3cm and still don't go into labor for another 3-4 weeks. Conversely, a friend of mine who had her third baby a couple of weeks ago was told by her doctor to be patient and that the baby wouldn't be coming soon, as her cervix was completely sealed up at 38+ weeks. Well, she went into labor the very next day and had the baby within 6 or 7 hours start to finish :shrug:

Yes Christi I'm glad we don't have cervical checks here until you are actually having contractions.
My next appointment is a scan on the 20th.

It didn't go well. Still no date or weather I'm actually going to be allowed a natural birth, induction or need a section. Consultant was called into theatre for the second appointment in a row. So was left in the hands of a student doctor who isn't allowed to make the call. Don't want to sound selfish as I know consultant was going to help someone who is obviously worse off than me but I just hate the waiting. Just want to know now so I can prepare. Especially with organizing childcare for my son etc. As much as I'm grateful we have the nhs here, the service can be shocking on times. Still hopefully we will know in a few days.

Glad everyone's appointments went well and hope the ladies who have finished work are enjoying their leave!

In the uk we don't get cervical checks as standard unless you are in labour, overdue or having complications. Mine gets checked at consultant appointments. I don't like it and don't see the point. With my son my cervix was tightly shut after the first pessery I had to induce yet an hour and a half later he arrived into the world. Bit of a shock for a first labour! Lol

:( thats frustrating Maryanne- im sorry you are no closer to an answer

Sorry you haven't yet got an answer Maryanne. Hopefully all will be sorted asap! Are you hoping for a natural birth this time?

Afm my daughter is now in her 'big girl bedroom' although it's not completely finished as we need to put pictures etc up on the walls. She was too excited and I just couldn't say no lol!
We now have all the essential baby things out of the loft except the pram, so this week I will be organising getting everything washed and cleaned.

I would like a fully natural birth yes, was hoping for a home birth originally but that went out the window with the placenta covering the cervix and the separation of the placenta. Placenta has moved off the cervix now but my consultant is worried that it's not by enough and the fact I have gd and little lady has grown huge. Estimated at around 7lbs4 now which means 11lbs if I go to term so I'm most likely looking at a section or induction. I just want to know which now though and when so I can prepare. I feel so down about all the complications, just trying to focus on baby. We have waited so long for her. I'm still so terrified something will go wrong. Just want her here now safely. Ah pregnancy is hard!

I've just started washing everything today. Hospital bags done, pram and nursery sorted. Just need baby now. Hope your lo enjoyed her first night in her big girl room :)

Sorry things didn't get sorted Maryanne, hope you get all the answers you need soon :hugs:

She'll be here before you know it maryanne :hugs:

Yazzy - so cute your daughter couldn't wait to sleep in her big girl room. Hope she enjoyed it!!

Had a successful diaper party on the weekend!! We got the idea from a friend. So you provide all the food and alcohol in exchange for diapers! Our friends were so generous! We ended up with about 15 boxes of diapers (mostly size 2, maybe 4 boxes size 1 and 3 boxes size 3). It was pretty much DHs party. His last big party for awhile he says. After buying all the beer and food, I'd say we came out ahead :)

Thanks toothyfairy and carebear!

That sounds like an awesome idea carebear. I've never heard of that here in the uk but know my oh would have loved one!

It seems like something the boys can do while the girls are having the shower. But we couldn't schedule ours on the same weekend since my shower will be out of town and DH will need to be there too to help. I think it's sort of a new idea around here.

I totally understand your frustration Maryanne! I lived in the UK (London) for 4 years between 2007 and 2011, and while the NHS was great in many respects and for many things, it was pure frustration for others. You're completely right about wanting to know so that you can prepare, especially if you need to make childcare arrangements. I really hope you don't have to wait any longer to find out :flower:

Carebear - the diaper party sounds like a great idea! :thumbup:

Yazzy - how exciting that your daughter is now in the 'big girl room'. And how adorable that she was so excited :hugs:

AFM - I can't believe I have less than a month left to the due date!! I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow and have my weekly OB check up in the late morning, so I will update once that is done and over with. MY GBS test results came back negative (yay! :thumbup:) and my blood test results were also quite good. My iron levels were actually higher than when I was last tested at 26 weeks, which was a pleasant surprise.
In other news, we washed all of baby's clothes, towels, sheets etc. over the weekend, and they're now neatly organised in his room, which is one more thing off the list, and I think I'm officially done with my baby and postpartum shopping, at least for now. I bought two nursing bras over the weekend and I'm waiting for Amazon to ship the waterproof sheet protector pads I ordered in different sizes (for baby's bed, changing table, but also for myself, in case my water goes while in bed at night or in the car), along with a nipple cream that I want to have handy in case I need it. These were the last items and there are no more items on my shopping list for now, which is a big relief :flower:
However I haven't started packing my hospital bag yet, but I plan to start that soon, as in - today/tomorrow, and aim to have it fully packed (except for the last minute items) by the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->