September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Great news cutie!! Aug 27th will be here soon! Exciting!!

Awesome news for you too wantabby! Hopefully you can avoid the section and have that baby soon!!
My feet swelled up 2 days ago and have not gone down :dohh:

Great news that everyone's appointments are going well.

I agree with Christi not to stress too much over estimated weight. It can be out massively. Our lady is currently estimated to be 8lb11! Estimated birth weight at term is 11lbs2 but to be honest even with having gd I'm very dubious. We made a desision last night to refuse intervention before term and let nature take it's course. We had our consultant scan yesterday which confirmed placenta has moved fully so there are no risks to me or baby bar her appearing large. But I'm not happy to have a section or induction for those reasons alone, so consultant agreed we can go up to due date but no further. I'm really really happy with how it's turned out!! I'm also having pretty regular tightenings, they were showing clearly on the monitors every 6 minutes and I'm around 2cm dilated but midwife said it's very common on second babies for this to happen up to a few weeks before birth. So impatient now, want to meet our princess!!

Great news Maryanne! :hugs: Really glad the consultant agreed with your preferred course of action!
I too have decided to not induce until at least my due date. My hospital doesn't allow inductions for non-medical reasons before 39 weeks anyway, and my OB has to comply with that policy, but I want to wait until 40+2 or 40+3 or so, and only then discuss an induction if there are still no signs of imminent labor. I also want to try acupuncture first and see if that works to help initiate labor if it comes to that :winkwink:

And wow, Cutie - is the 27th set for you then? That's just over a week away :winkwink:

Nothing much to report here. Had my weekly appointment today (again no cervical check per my request, so no idea if I've dilated at all or not - I may allow for the check next week, or I may even wait 'till the week after) and it was fairly short and boring. All was good with me and baby though.

Really pumped and relieved I'm officially considered full term now :thumbup: I don't think it's hit home yet how close I am to having this baby. My hospital bag has been packed and ready though (except for the last minute essentials - toiletries etc.) since the weekend, and I'm officially done with my baby and postpartum shopping for the time being. I've also instructed hubby to keep an eye on his phone at all times from now on, though I was reading that most babies come between weeks 38 and 41, so I should still have a week ahead at the very minimum. We shall see...:flower:

Fabulous news Maryanne!

Happy full term Christi!

8 (well in an hour and 45 mins) more days till i meet my little man!!!

Yey for 37 weeks Christi! It's that day for me too! My wonderful oh just made me a special breakfast to celebrate! Lol

Can I ask about acupuncture? You sound like you have a lot of experiance in it. We are seriously considering trying it if baby shows no sign of arriving by 40 weeks. Ive read all good things, and I've always been in to natural medicine but never tried any acupuncture. To be honest it always frightened me a little. I'm desperate to avoid a medical induction though after last time and would rather try a natural approach first.

Ooooh bet your so excited bug!!!!

Exciting Bug!! Can't believe your baby will be here so soon!

Maryanne that's brilliant news from your appointment. I hope she arrives naturally before any induction.

Yay for 37 weeks Christi and good to hear your appointment went well.

I have another scan tomorrow to check that my placenta has moved, looking forward to seeing baby again although they are so big now it's hard to know what you are looking at! Then I have a midwife appointment next week.

Great news maryanne!! Congrats to you and Christi on making the full term milestone!! YAY!!

Exciting your little guy will be here soon bug!!

Good luck with your scan tomorrow yazzy!

AFM I packed my hospital bag lol not much else but swollen feet and still raging heartburn. Still taking th prescription for it but it doesn't last and I take tums as well. I don't have another appointment till Friday the 28th an my last day of work is the 27th. Ugh... Can't wait!

How exciting Bug! :thumbup:

Good luck on your appointment yazzy! :flower:

Sorry to hear your heartburn is still there carebear! At least the end is in sight! :hugs: My heartburn got a lot better and much less frequent (though not completely gone yet) ever since my bump started to drop about 2 weeks ago. Hopefully you'll experience that too soon.

Maryanne - congrats on 37 weeks as well! :flower:
Re acupuncture - everyone who hasn't tried it assumes it hurts. I promise you - it does NOT. The needles are hair-thin and quite small and with the exception of a little momentary pinch when the acupuncturist inserts them, there is no pain at all. It is a very gentle way to treat many things, from pain to anxiety and depression, and of course for hormone regulation. I've been seeing an acupunturist since before I got pregnant and all along my pregnancy (in fact I think he's helped me a lot from getting pregnant to making it to full term, not just with acupuncture, but also with his herbal formulas that are custom-made for me, and his general diet, lifestyle and supplementation advice). At this point in pregnancy, it can be used to give the labor hormones a boost, but I've read that it only works if the body is ready to go and just needs a little push. So nothing wrong about trying it if it comes to that. My only advice would be to seek someone's referral if you can, preferably some friend or family member's, or at least try and Google online reviews for the professional(s) you are considering. Like in any field, there are good and not-so-good practitioners, so you want to make sure whoever you see is worth your time, money and trust. Also, if they have a website, a lot of times they list what conditions they can treat or what they have experience with/specialize in, so ideally you'd want to see pregnancy mentioned on their website. I found mine through Yelp - he and his practice had all 4 and 5 star reviews and his prices were very affordable, so even though he's quite a drive away, I think I hit gold with him. I was seeing a local acupuncturist before him, and her services were kinda meh and more expensive. If you have any questions that I can help with, feel free to ask :flower:

The 27th isn't set. I'm heading to the doctor now hoping to have more definite information soon.

Wow I can't believe Bug and Carebear will be having their babies really soon. So surreal. I've just been having a lot of Braxton hicks, lightning, and today some mild cramping where by right ovary would be. Have any of u experienced that? I have an appointment tomorrow for my 38 week checkup so I'll see if there's any progress.

Same update for me. I'm measuring 39w. If he doesn't come on his own, they will induce and not let me go past my due date. I'm hoping he makes an appearance sooner but so thankful all is well!

Thanks ladies! I'm so happy!

Thank you Christi! I'm defo going to look into it as a maybe if baby isn't showing any signs of arriving by 40 weeks. My oh had accupunture after he broke his spine to aid his recovery and he swears by it. The thought has always made me nervous though, I'm little scared of needles. Will hopefully go to the same clinic oh did. It has amazing reviews, it's very state of the art and modern and the fact the looked after oh so well really swings it for me. Consultant didn't seem worried we were considering it either so that makes me feel easier.

Carebear I agree my heartburn eased once my bump dropped. Its still there but not half as bad now. Is your little man engaged yet?

Glad your appointment went well cutie!

Good luck with your appointment babyfeva!

Best of luck for tomorrow yazzy! Fingers crossed it's moved out of the way

He's head down and my pelvic pressure has increased but not sure! I think he still may have some dropping to do. Either that or he's really long which is also possible since DH is tall.

Good luck with your appointment babyfeva! :flower:

Good news cutie - let's see if the little one makes an appearance before then :winkwink:

Let us know what happens tomorrow yazzy.

All ok at my scan today thank you ladies :)
Placenta is now out of the way so I can have a natural birth. Estimated current weight is 6lb 13oz (which I know can be quite off).
Now just can't wait to meet baby :)

All ok at my scan today thank you ladies :)
Placenta is now out of the way so I can have a natural birth. Estimated current weight is 6lb 13oz (which I know can be quite off).
Now just can't wait to meet baby :)

Glad everything went well at your scan Yazzy!

I had my 37 week apt on Tuesday, doc said looks like nothing is happening. Really hoping things progress as I do not want to be induced again, it was not a fun experience.

Good luck to everyone with upcoming appointments and scans :hugs:

I had an appointment yesterday, baby was measuring 7#10oz which is actually 1oz less than last week.. All my vitals were good and her heart beat was where it needs to be. You could see her "breathing" on the ultrasound, which was super cute!! She wants to check me again net week. I am dilated to a 1, and about 50% thinned out which is exciting! I'm hoping she comes on her own soon! As of now there is no discussion of induction or c-section, just waiting..

Heartburn has definitely lessened for me since she has dropped.

I am so excited for you ladies with birth dates for your lo's!! I think I would be even more anxious!

great news yazzy and wantabby!!!!

Just got home from my 38 week appointment too. Showing a little protein in my urine but so far BP is holding on. It had spiked at this point with DS1 so im hopeful it will stay ok for the next week. Baby's heart rate 150. Measuring 40 weeks lol.

Now just have to go for my pre-op bloodwork next Tuesday then it's baby time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->