September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Good luck babyfeva, I hope you get some progress soon!

Eeek Bug...so excited for you!

Not sure I'll try anything to help baby arrive as I think they just arrive when they want but sooner rather than later would be great lol. Although my oh doesn't think so as he is meant to be working away the week before I'm due so no doubt baby will probably arrive then and he'll have to race home!

Hope things progress babyfeva!!!

So excited for you bug!!! Just 2 days away!!

I have 3 more work days and then my appointment with OB friday! Had some cramping last night. I do want him to be full term so he's gotta at least wait a week. I haven't done a thing to help progress and I don't plan to except maybe DTD and that's not to help progress. Just for fun. I think he'll come when he wants!

Eeeeek!!! Just noticed I'm on the last ticker baby!!!!
Wow, what a journey this has been!! I still feel like this pregnancy has been very slow but I'm told that's normal for a FTM.

Any news babyfeva? Hope all is ok!

I feel the same carebear, feel like I'm going to give birth to a toddler I've been pregnant so long. I'm not even a first time mum but this last month is dragging.

Just had my first sweep to see if it helps labour to progress. Clearly nothing we have done has helped at all. Still only 2cm. Not the most pleasant Experience but hopefully it will get our chunky monkey moving! Will be having another next Tuesday if this doesn't work and then if all else fails it will be induction at the hospital. I'm glad I've at least been given the chance to go naturally though! Fingers crossed!

Hi ladies. I think I had false labor... the contractions never got worse. It's so different second time around. Let's see how today goes. Will keep you all updated.

Maryanne, I hope the sweep helps move things along. I have an appointment on Friday so I'll see if I can get a sweep too.

Aww thats frustrating babyfeva- hopefully the real thing will get going soon!!

I'm going tomorrow and may also inquire about a sweep. They'll induce me next week if he's not here, so I figured I could the sweep to get things moving.

Pregnant with a toddler :rofl: I've had that dream

I'm going tomorrow and may also inquire about a sweep. They'll induce me next week if he's not here, so I figured I could the sweep to get things moving.

Pregnant with a toddler :rofl: I've had that dream

Good luck! And I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Haha

Awww I'm sorry babyfeva! Hopefully won't be much longer to wait now before it's the real thing!

Sorry to hear that babyfeva. Hopefully the real thing will come soon.

Good luck with the sweep Maryanne and cutie! :flower: Hope they work for you ladies! :flower:

OB appointment late in the afternoon today. I think I may have to endure the dreaded cervical check today (per my acupuncturist's request, so that we can check baby's exact position and help improve it if needed) - eek! :wacko: Originally I wasn't going to have it again 'till next week (still hoping he'll wait another 1-2 weeks from today to arrive and I don't want the cervical check to irritate anything or start things sooner if they aren't meant to start yet), but I guess I'll have to now. Acupuncturist said better to try and fix the position if needed before 39 weeks, as it will get harder for him to turn around after that (if he's posterior or something). We shall see.

How exciting, we are all so close!! I'm good with Adaline coming anytime! I am not really doing anything yet, but I am looking into it. We have been bd'ing, but he has just started "finishing" he wouldn't for months so he wouldn't cause her to come early.. lol! Sorry if that's tmi.. I'm trying to walk more, especially while having contractions. . And I'm constantly rocking my hips and wiggling around..lol! The pelvic soreness it getting terrible, and starting to shoot down the front of my legs.. :/

Back from my 38-week OB appointment. No scan today for some reason, but doc listened to the hb with the doppler and it was 160+. I was a little worried that it was a bit too high, but doc said all sounded good and that I was carrying a 'very happy baby'. Truth is, baby was moving during the doppler, so I wonder if that caused his hb to go up. When I listen in with my home doppler, he's usually in the 130s-140s.

I also had the dreaded cervical check per my acupuncturist's recommendation. Unfortunately this didn't provide any good info, other than the cervix still being closed with no dilation and that the baby's head was very low. Doc had trouble locating my cervix because of the baby's head, making the cervix stay behind baby's head. For this reason, he wasn't able to check the baby's exact position (like if he was facing anterior or posterior) 'cause he didn't want to torture me, in his own words, but said he may need to next week to try and get more information. Ugh! :wacko:

Other than that, we briefly discussed signs of labor and I asked how long he generally waits to induce after the due date if there are no medical problems. To my great surprise, he said 41w3d which was way longer than I expected to hear :happydance: I doubt I will want to wait that long anyway, but I was very happy I won't feel pressurized to get induced as soon as I pass the due date (if that's the case). My plan is to have at least a couple of acupuncture sessions to try and induce naturally (but only after my due date, don't want to do anything until then) and the fact that my doc is so lax about induction time frames allows me plenty of time to give acupuncture the best chance at working and lower my chances of being medically induced. Realistically though, I doubt I'd want to wait over 41 weeks, I think I'd be way too nervous about complications after a certain point, so my ideal time frame for little one's arrival remains between 39 weeks and 40 weeks plus 2-3 days. I'd probably schedule an elective induction at 41 weeks if acupuncture hadn't worked and/or labor hadn't started on its own by then.

Sounds like a great appointment Christi- sorry you weren't able to get all the info you had hoped about baby's position though. Sounds like you and your Dr are and the same wavelength.

Glad you had a good appointment Christi!!

Bug... Tomorrow. . TOMORROW IS the day!!! Ahh!! I'm so excited for you!!

I am in the waiting room at my doctor right now.. getting anxious!!

I am back from the doctor. Everything looked good except little Miss was being lazy, so she sent me for an NST. My I had 3 contractions within 30 minutes and they said she responded well, so they sent me home. They told me to come back if my contractions got closer, stronger, water breaks, bleeding, etc..lol!! So basically anything to come back. My doctor wants any reason to take her. ( she's afraid I won't be able to vaginally deliver due to Adaline's size 8#12oz today!! )
So if nothing happens this weekend she is putting me in Monday @39 weeks to induce and see if I can deliver.. kinda scary!! So within 5 days she will be here!!

Thanks ladies!!! Eeek! Just got off the phone with the hospital. We have to be there for 6am- my OR time is 7:45.

Hope your appointment went well wantabby!!

I am back from the doctor. Everything looked good except little Miss was being lazy, so she sent me for an NST. My I had 3 contractions within 30 minutes and they said she responded well, so they sent me home. They told me to come back if my contractions got closer, stronger, water breaks, bleeding, etc..lol!! So basically anything to come back. My doctor wants any reason to take her. ( she's afraid I won't be able to vaginally deliver due to Adaline's size 8#12oz today!! )
So if nothing happens this weekend she is putting me in Monday @39 weeks to induce and see if I can deliver.. kinda scary!! So within 5 days she will be here!!

Omg, how exciting!! Hopefully she comes before Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->