September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Yay confuzion!! I had been thinking of you the past couple days. Glad to hear your results!

Mrs R- Your worry is understandable...I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but I know you already know the betas vary so widely. I think after a loss it can be so hard to relax. I know I haven't been able to just enjoy this pregnancy...I'm afraid that every twinge and cramp is doom and even when I'm not crampy I'm still convinced there's no baby because I walked around for weeks not knowing my little one had died.

Sooooo.....my progesterone was good and betas rose acceptably between first an second draw. I wanted a third for peace of mind but my OB said she was fine with what we got, so now I have an order for an ultrasound to be scheduled the week of 1/12- I'll be between 6 and 7 weeks then. Could I expect to see a heartbeat toward the beginning of the week or should I hold out and try to schedule it Friday or something? The only times I saw my last baby, it had already died. I think it would help a lot to be able to see a heartbeat and not have them tell me it's too early.

Wow this board moves fast, been a bit busy with my
monkey and having friends visit.

MrsGH - you should see a heartbeat then if you will be approx 6 1/2 weeks. Although don't worry if they don't see it if they just scan your tummy, as they may need to do an internal scan instead to get a bit closer. Also a friend of mine had hers approx 6+4 and saw nothing but went back the next day and it was there beating away. Everyone can vary quite a lot at this stage. It's not until a few more weeks everyone tends to be around the same progression supposedly.

Hope everyone else is well, sounds a bit worrying having bloods done, thankfully with being Christmas I've not been able to call my surgery and book in with the midwife yet, but think I'd decline them anyway as last time my tests kept getting darker and darker even though baby had already died, I'm just waiting for my scan. I need to see it there doing well

Agreed- I think seeing it is the only thing that will make me feel even remotely better. Like you, last time I tested until the lines were darker than the control and my baby died weeks before I knew it. Would really like to avoid that.

From what I've read, it's possible you will be able to see a heartbeat but I've never gotten that far.

5 weeks for me today. The farthest I've ever made it before! My 1st scan is 8 weeks. I was a little sad it's far away but by then I should be able to see everything!

From what I've read, it's possible you will be able to see a heartbeat but I've never gotten that far.

5 weeks for me today. The farthest I've ever made it before! My 1st scan is 8 weeks. I was a little sad it's far away but by then I should be able to see everything!
I'm 5 weeks today also Cutie. My 1st appointment isn't until 1/26. I'll be 8 weeks. I really wanted something sooner for some type of reassurance. I guess i just have to wait and try not to worry.

Happy 5 weeks ladies!

My scan is booked for Jan 30th... This is going to be a loooonnnngggg month waiting!

Together we will wait. My appointment is 1/27. Happy 5 weeks, T!

Happy 5 weeks! I will pick up the order for my dating ultrasound on Monday, then schedule it for the week after- somewhere between 6-7 weeks. Then hopefully I'll need a regular appointment!

Yay for all the ladies who turned 5 weeks!!! Congratulations!

All this talk about Betas is making me nervous. Should I ask what mine are or remain in the dark like I was with my son?

I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow. I don't think I've ever gotten a BFP this early before so it feels like I should be further along. I'm feeling "off" lately. This is my fifth pregnancy and I've never felt symptoms this early. Slight aversion to smells, lightheadedness, lack of energy, mood swings. I'm really hoping this is a good sign.

Monday is my first day of my new job and I'm already trying to figure out how to take off to go to my first doctor app on Wednesday. I'm certainly not complaining; I finally got my dream job and possibly a new baby, life is grand! I'm just stressing out over it all happening the same week and now they're conflicting. I'm trying to remain calm. I'm sure it'll work itself out.

Welcome! This is my first rodeo with betas so I wanted mine but I don't think there's a bad side to not knowing. Could you try to do the appointment around lunchtime?

Betas are a blessing and a curse... I didn't do them with my son but have for the last two pregnancies... Def causes a lot of stress! With my son I had a lot of problems with bleeding and ended up having two SCHs so by the time I hit 10 weeks I had already had 3 scans.

I kind of wish I wouldn't have done betas. My HPTs progressed beautifully I wish I could have just been happy with that. Caused myself some undue stress for a while there. But when the second number doubled, I did feel quite a bit of relief and have been feeling less anxious lately. So don't know. Double edged sword lol.

mrsgh - I agree you should be able to see a hb then.

I'm scheduled for a scan on the 14th (think I'd be in my 6th week?) I want to push it back a couple weeks more hoping to see more though.

My food aversions/loss of appetite have definitely come around sooner this pregnancy for me. I've already lost 2 pounds and I've only known for about 12 days :(. I hope this non-eating isn't hurting my little pip.

Betas = blessing and curse. worried about the first level for days until I saw the results of the second. the rise gave me some relief, but now I want more drawn and my OB is perfectly happy with what we have, lol.
Basically, the moral of the story is that the only thing that will make me feel better is a real live take home baby. haha

C- you don't need to worry about pip getting what he/she needs... These little parasites will take what they need from us regardless of our food aversions/sickness. With Iain I lost 6lbs in a week when my ms hit... But he still got everything he needed :)

So impatient for my scan on Tuesday.

I was planning on waiting this time to announce my pregnancy to my family until after 12 weeks. Told them early last time and miscarried :( But my sister told me yesterday that she wants to have her wedding 5 days before my due date and I am the maid of honor! So I think I have to tell her soon before the date is set in stone otherwise there is a huge chance I won't be at her wedding.

Knobby, I think that's a very valid reason for telling her. Maybe you can beg her not to tell anyone else, although I find people are horrible about that.

I'm due 9/7 and a have a very close friend getting married on 9/11. I'm not in it but definitely bummed I will probably miss it. Although I have a fantastic reason!

Yey for is all getting to 5 weeks! I caved and did another digi, got 2-3 though so happy for now everything is okay. I've officially got sore boobs today too so that's even more of a bonus :)
Just need to bring on the scans!

Ambiguous good luck for tomorrow, I start my new job tomorrow too. Although it's in the same office, just a different line manager so should be fairly easy to mention I have a dr appointment next week. I'm just going to pretend bloods to check my liver as been having phantom gall bladder pains again or pretend its a smear. That's only if she asks anyways which I doubt she will. Could you not say something similar?

Knobby that's just Sod's law, but a lovely one if it has to be so. Maybe you could tell her early if she is looking at booking the venue very shortly. I'm sure she will be pleased for you though.

Good luck to you both with your new jobs tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->