September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

You saw a fetal pole in there right knobby? My ultrasound tech didn't mention that, but was showing me where she thought she may barely be able to see a baby. It was hard for me to see because I don't know what I'm looking for. LOL!!

Yes, the fetal pole is the baby and just a speck on the ultrasound at this stage. My dr couldn't measure it. It was super tiny and hard to see but my dr could see it and thought he could see it flickering. He made me hold my breath so he could see it better too. If you look in my pic, the fetal pole is white and above the yolk sac attached to it. The yolk sac is already surrounded by a white circle on the ultrasound, and so the fetal pole also being white on u/s makes it hard to see and differentiate.

Ok, so maybe that's what my tech meant when she was trying to show me where she thought she could possibly see the baby flickering?? Couldn't be sure, but she kept looking at it and thought she saw something.

Symptomless in Seattle here too. Sore bbs and a foggy brain but not much more.

MrsR, amazing news!!!!!

Ok, I'm a little nervous about posting on here, but here goes.....

AF was due today, tested and I got a positive on a clear blue. I was shaking and when I told DH we both cried.

We've been trying for 2 and a half years. In that time we've only had one BFP and that was 2 years ago. Sadly it ended in ectopic, losing my right tube. I'd almost given up hope.....until tonight!!

I'm super nervous but will do FRER tomorrow to make sure, then I call the doc.

So god to see so many familiar names on here :)

Welcome bluefish and congrats!!! :happydance: I'm so sorry to hear you guys have struggled, but you're pregnant!!!! :thumbup: There are WONDERFUL ladies here and we will all support you along the way!! So exciting for you!!!

Bluefish I remember you. So glad you're here! The luck and support in here has been amazing!

Doctor office just called and they aren't going to replete blood..ughhhhhhhhh!!! I guess I will have to wait until my scan.. two weeks! I am pretty bummed. .but I guess she knows what she is doing & isn't worried at this point..

Thanks ladies - just feel like I shouldn't get too excited.....just in case.

Sounds awful, I'm not normally a negative Nancy, but we just want this baby soooooo much!

I wouldn't worry about it wantabby. Hearing my 2nd number terrified me because it didn't double like it's "supposed" to. Even after the nurse said my doctor wasn't concerned I was still freaking out and then today saw it's actually starting to grow in there. So if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it.

wantabby - what mrsR said ^^ I wish I wouldn't have done a second beta since my first was so high! Your first number was awesome, just enjoy it, you're pregnant, and TRY not to stress <3

bluefish - I also remember you. I think we're all a bit cautious around here so you're in good company. Congrats!!

Yes, very cautious bluefish. We're all here for eachother.

Confuzion, what is your doubling time again. It was slow right?

Ok, so maybe that's what my tech meant when she was trying to show me where she thought she could possibly see the baby flickering?? Couldn't be sure, but she kept looking at it and thought she saw something.

Yeah, it is just the professional ultrasound term for baby :)

"The fetal pole (sometimes referred to as a tom) is a thickening on the margin of the yolk sac of a fetus during pregnancy. It is usually identified at 8 weeks with abdominal ultrasound imaging, and 6 weeks with vaginal ultrasound imaging."

Are you scheduled for another scan? My dr was going to let me come in this Friday (6w1d) so we could see the heartbeat/baby better (he is awesome) but I opted to wait a full week.

Welcome bluefish!

Knobby, I'm curious to know what you see. I will go at 6w5d for my first scan.

Welcome and congrats bluefish! So sorry for your loss.

Wanta, sorry they won't do a repeat scan but as others have mentioned, try your best not to worry.

Oh mrs R I'm so very thrilled for you!!! :) :) :)

Yay! Welcome bluefish!!! I will add you to the front page when I get home tonight :)

Not sure yet knobby because I'm actually waiting to hear from the nurse at my doctor's office because I had the scan done at another place. Technically the nurse would be the one to tell me the results, but the ultrasound lady knew how scared I was and she told me everything. God bless her!! So as soon as I talk to the nurse I should know the next step.

Mrs R!! Hooray for your little blob!!

Wantabby- how frustrating they aren't going to repeat your blood....but maybe one less thing to agonize over?

Welcome bluefish! This is such a great group of ladies :)

Other mamas- Yep, not real symptom-y here today either, though I just woke up. Pretty much all I feel is some pelvic fullness. Let's be honest, that could be because I have to poop but a realtor is coming in a half hour to look at our house and I suppose I'd rather just wait till I can do it in peace lol

MrsR I had 3 betas drawn. First set had a doubling time of 75.7 hours (I lost it), second was about 49 hours (so much better).

Beta 1 (16 DPO - pm) - 728
Beta 2 (18 DPO - am~40 hours later) - 1050
Beta 3 (20 DPO - am) - 2050

Doc was happy with that and said we can wait for the scan from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->