September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Yay Knobby! Isn't so wonderful to see baby move?!

Yes! :) I wish the scan lasted just a minute longer so we could see it move more. It was such a quick check just to make sure the baby measured right and there was a heartbeat. It was done lickity split, he wasted no time haha. DH didn't even get the camera out for a video it was that quick.

Just got back from my appointment!! :happydance: Baby is in my uterus so already beats the last time!!! Saw a little heartbeat too!! I'm sooooo happy!! She did all the measurements but I won't know until I go see my doc on Monday.

Yay carebear! Great news!

Fabulous scan pic knobby!! :)

Great scan Knobby, baby is doing great!

Carebear fab news, so pleased you saw the heartbeat as well :)

Bug good luck for your biopsy results next week, thinking of you. It won't have hurt baby in any way.

Afm I bought some sea bands today. I don't feel horrendous but all day nausea is stopping me from doing stuff. They've been on 1 1/2 hours and feeling better already!

After the big oopsie by the hospital resulting in guidelines being changed, they are doing everything they can for me. They have given me the choice to have any reassurance scans and consultant led care but I just don't know whether more scans will make me anxious waiting for them?!

So glad everyone's scans went so well today! I hope mine on Monday is the same.

I can't believe you have to wait unitl Monday to talk with the doc. I am so luck I get to see mine right after.

Congrats to knobby and carebear on your scans! Really pleased it went well for both of you! :)

Met my new midwife today! She's gonna make sure I get the home birth I really want. She was lovely. Filled in all the forms, booked my scans. It suddenly feels so real! So excited!

Hello ladies,

knobby, wonderful picture!!! I'm so glad everything is going so good for you!!!

carebear, yay for the baby being in the right spot and having a hb!!!

yazzy, I wear my sea bands all the time. The only time I take them off is when I'm sleeping at night.

karenh, good luck with your scan on Monday!! We'll be looking forward to how it goes!!

AFM: I tried my doppler I got last night for the first time and didn't find the hb. But I only tried for maybe 5 min and stopped. I am 8 weeks 3 days today, so maybe too soon. I got one that says it can detect it as early as 8-10 weeks, but we'll see. Hoping to catch it here soon.

Congrats to knobby and carebear on your scans! Really pleased it went well for both of you! :)

Met my new midwife today! She's gonna make sure I get the home birth I really want. She was lovely. Filled in all the forms, booked my scans. It suddenly feels so real! So excited!

How exciting! When is your first scan?

Hello ladies,

knobby, wonderful picture!!! I'm so glad everything is going so good for you!!!

carebear, yay for the baby being in the right spot and having a hb!!!

yazzy, I wear my sea bands all the time. The only time I take them off is when I'm sleeping at night.

karenh, good luck with your scan on Monday!! We'll be looking forward to how it goes!!

AFM: I tried my doppler I got last night for the first time and didn't find the hb. But I only tried for maybe 5 min and stopped. I am 8 weeks 3 days today, so maybe too soon. I got one that says it can detect it as early as 8-10 weeks, but we'll see. Hoping to catch it here soon.

Try not to worry. I've also tried twice last week with no luck. Today, I finally found it but was hard to keep on baby long enough. Will probably try again next week. I think with my son I didn't try until 10 weeks and found it after several minutes.

Hi everyone,

Back from my OB appointment. News are mostly good. Baby is doing well and we saw a very healthy heart beat again. Baby measured at 15mm, which my doctor dated to 7w5d. He is not concerned about the 4 day discrepancy with my LMP and he said scan measurements aren't always exactly accurate and it often depends on how they position the probe (scan was transvaginal) and that discrepancies are normal. I did tell him I was worried and he reassured me that he sees a lot of babies every day (and he does) and that if he thought anything was worth worrying about, he would have told me (which is true, he was also my OB during my blighted ovum pregnancy). Then I came home and looked online, and a 15mm fetus is average for 8 weeks along. Which is still a tad behind my 8w2d LMP (and 8w1d that I should have measured based on the last scan), but at least a lot better than 7w5d. This doctor is using the Hadlock dating system, which, from doing some research, has a reputation for underestimating gestational age. Which makes me feel a little better.

Re the heart beat: I was disappointed that he didn't actually measure the rate. I'm starting to think his equipment is kind of old and doesn't have sound or the ability to measure a heart rate, which is kind of a bummer. He said by eye balling it looked really good, and truth is, even in my layman's eyes, it did. The little heart was flickering away really really fast :happydance:, which I think is a great sign at this point, even if we don't know the exact rate :flower:

Doc said he would normally see me in 3 weeks' time after this point, but since I'm a worry wart, I can go back in 2 weeks instead :thumbup:
He also recommended I'm followed by a perinatologist for the big ultrasounds on the 1st and 2nd trimester, so I guess I need to find someone. And I'm sure the perinatologist will have much more modern equipment and will be able to give me much more info about the baby :thumbup: - probably more than I even need to know :haha:

I'm still having spotting, but the doctor said it's nothing to worry about, since the scan showed everything is normal.

So, on to another 2 week wait :wacko:

Christi, congrats on the good scan! My doctor's ultrasound machine is pretty basic as well. Not old, just not the most advanced/expensive model. He has never measured the heartbeat but knows by looking at it that the rate is good (which is true, I have a doppler at home and it is within normal range). I also have to go outside his office to the hospital to get the more indepth ultrasounds done (12 week NT scan, and anatomy scan in second trimester).

Thanks knobby! Great news on your scan too :thumbup:

Same for you carebear :thumbup:

Forgot to mention - I put on 2 lbs. since the last time I was weighed 2 weeks ago. I'm petite and quite skinny, so for me, that's good news :winkwink:

How exciting! When is your first scan?

Had my first two scans at the epu but they are happy that all is ok so been handed over to the midwives now :) next scan is my dating scan at the end of February! Eeeek.

Congrats on your scan Christi, glad it went well!

Great news on your appt Christi!

I'm so jealous of you ladies whose drs offices have scan equipment. None of them do here- ultrasounds are booked and done at a medical imaging office in no way connected to the drs office then it is a few days for the report to go to the dr.

Thank you for the reassurance with using my doppler babyfeva. I tried again on my lunch and I can hear my heartbeat and swooshing sounds, but no baby hb yet. I only tried again for maybe 5 min. I'll just wait until I'm 9 weeks on Monday and try again.

Congrats on the great appointment Christi!!! My doctor's ultrasound machine doesn't measure the hb either and she told me by looking at it only that it looked normal. So I have to trust that as well. Hoping whenever I can pick it up with my doppler I got I'll have a better idea of where it's at.

Great news on your appt Christi!

I'm so jealous of you ladies whose drs offices have scan equipment. None of them do here- ultrasounds are booked and done at a medical imaging office in no way connected to the drs office then it is a few days for the report to go to the dr.

It varies from dr to dr here in the US. My last OB did not have the equipment and I had to go to the hospital to have ultrasounds done.

knobby, just because I've tried to use my doppler twice now, once last night and then on my lunch today and didn't find the heartbeat, when did you find yours for the first time? I'm 8 weeks 3 days today.

knobby, just because I've tried to use my doppler twice now, once last night and then on my lunch today and didn't find the heartbeat, when did you find yours for the first time? I'm 8 weeks 3 days today.

I found it 8w1d. Found it again 8w5d too. It was just above my pubic bone, midline. I pointed the probe straight down (perpendicular to my spine), not at a weird angle like others suggest online. Just take your time and move slowly with the probe pressed down firmly.

This is a good video that I watched awhile ago on how to do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEO7UXfyx_U

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"