September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

So happy to see lovely news from all you ladies! Sorry about the scare MrsGH but SO HAPPY baby sounds perfect!

Do you ladies think a doppler is worth it? Does it realieve stress because you can find baby's heartbeat or just cause more stress becuase it is hard to find baby's heartbeat?

Well I just got mine karen, and I have tried twice and haven't found it, but I'm only 8 weeks 3 days and may still be too early or I'm not patient enough. It hasn't freaked me out yet. I figured it may be too early to tell. But once I can find it and then if I don't I might freak out. But I'll see how it goes! LOL!!

Does the doppler actually work like a mini ultrasound? So do you need to put gel on your tummy every time etc.? I'm debating on whether I should invest in one myself, but haven't made up my mind yet.

Do you ladies think a doppler is worth it? Does it realieve stress because you can find baby's heartbeat or just cause more stress becuase it is hard to find baby's heartbeat?

For me it has been worth it. It can take awhile to find the baby sometimes, but once you find it... totally worth it.

Does the doppler actually work like a mini ultrasound? So do you need to put gel on your tummy every time etc.? I'm debating on whether I should invest in one myself, but haven't made up my mind yet.

Yes, you have to use a gel. I use aloe vera, which works great and is cheap.

If you ladies decide to get one, just be sure you get one with a 3 mHZ probe - it is optimal for finding early heartbeats.

So Happy for all the ladies with good appointment/scans today!! Hope you are fairing well on bed rest Mrs.G!

AFM.. exhaustion and huger still..lol! I did have nausea after dinner tonight. So I'm happy with that.. (crazy sounding, right?) How is everyone else?

I doubt I will get a doppler, I think I would drive myself crazy with one..lol!

Wantabby, I'm holding off too. I want you ladies to share though so I can live through you!

Is it weird to see if a friend has one I could borrow?

Not at all karenh! Sounds like a good idea to me!

I agree. Not weird at all! Always good to save some money :)

I'm with cutieq and wantabby, I probably won't get one and live through you guys!!

Good morning ladies,

T.G.I.F!!! :happydance:

I tried my doppler on my lunch for a couple minutes yesterday and still didn't find anything. But I have a bit of a gut, so I'm sure that's part of the issue too. :nope:

I think borrowing one is a great idea! I would if I knew anyone who had one spare.

And still nothing on the Doppler for me either. I'm so impatient. Really can't wait to hear a heartbeat at home!

I would maybe say try at 9 or 10 weeks with the doppler. Of course I don't listen to my own advice because I'm so darn anxious. Hehe. Today, is the first day that I feel better from this head cold I had. It kicked my butt. I'm also scared though because my symptoms have seemed to faded... I've also lost 2 pounds. 2 weeks ago I was ravenous starving and dreamt of food. I had put on 4 pounds. Now I'm just like eh with food. Ugh, I guess I won't really know anything until Feb 11...

babyfeva - I've been having fluctuating symptoms all along. I have days when they are stronger and days when I feel completely normal and/or symptoms are super mild. Don't worry too much. Also, if you stopped having an appetite and are eating less, this would explain your weight loss. The most important thing is, you saw your baby the other day and he/she was doing great :happydance:

I agree about trying the doppler a little further along. Maybe after the 9th or even the 10th week. Easier said than done though, I know :winkwink:

I have a horrible head cold as well and I am covering for my 2 coworkers who are out. I am drained.

I'm sorry you're not feeling good Karen! :hugs:

babyfeva, I'm glad you're feeling better. My symptoms are more intense one day and then can be a lot less intense the next. They are all over the place.

Thanks guys, I think I'm just stressing myself out. I, of course tried using the doppler today and couldn't find baby's heartbeat. Gosh, why is pregnancy so stressful.

Karen, sorry you're not feeling well.

karen- i hope your cold leaves soon

babyfeva- with my son i couldn't find the hb until after 10 weeks- im not trying earlier this time so i dont worry

So after worrying so much because my symptoms have almost vanished, I found baby's heartbeat today and it was 172! A slight sense of relief for now.

On another note, maybe TMI but DH haven't dtd since around 4 weeks because we're afraid of spotting. I usually always have some bleed or spotting after dtd around 6 weeks so we avoided it. I think we may try tonight but super nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->