September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

MrsR - great news about finding the hb with the doppler :happydance:

Those of you who have dopplers, which one do you have? I think I'll still wait until my next scan on week 10, but if all is good then, I'm thinking I'll order one at that point.

Increased cm - that's a symptom I have :winkwink: Oddly enough, it felt like it increased after my spotting stopped last week. Boobs are feeling more sore tonight, and slightly itchy - probably growing again :shrug:

Ambiguous - the drowsiness wears off as your body gets used to them :)

Great news Karen! Awesome scan pic!

Super cute bumps ladies!!!

Congrats karen! Lovely scan picture :)

Loving the little bumps! I was worried I was showing a little quickly but least I know it's not just me with a little pot belly. I love my mini bump.

I also use doterra. Most are safe during pregnancy and I'd think if you were using them sparingly, it'd be ok. Right now I'm only using Deep Blue, but DH diffuses some others in the house for anxiety.

Yah, I'm new to essential oils. Hopefully I'll learn more about them. My DH doesn't like the smell. Lol

Hello ladies!!! I just got caught up on everything going on! First of all I tried my Doppler again this evening (4th try) and in about 5ish minutes I found the heartbeat for the first time!!!!!!!! It was unmistakable and I started crying!!! LOL!!! So amazing!!! So happy I got it!! It was hard to stay on, but it was approx. 170bpm. :happydance:

babyfeva, so happy you found the hb!!! It's awesome, isn't it!!!

karenh, beautiful scan!!! :happydance:

wantabby, beautiful scan!!! :happydance:

AmbiguousHope, I haven't heard of Diclegis. So I can't give you any info on it.

My DH and I didn't have sex until I was about 8 weeks and then we did it one more time since then. I was terrified both times, but no spotting, thank God!!

As far as symptoms go, mine vary too. My bbs have been sore the whole time, not quite as bad the past week or so though, but still tender. I have nausea pretty much every other day it seems like and I'm always tired. So my symptoms come and go as well with the constant ones being sore bbs, tired and increased cm.

Yay, for finding the heartbeat. It's such a beautiful sound. I found it again yesterday. I wonder if it's bad to do it often...

Cute little bumps ladies. I have some thickening around my waist. Honestly this time around I don't feel as bloated and have only gained 2 pounds so far. With my son, by 12 weeks I had gained 8 pounds, felt super bloated, broke out in pimples, and was starving. By week 9 this time I feel ok. I guess it's true that every pregnancy is different.

I have a very small bump that I'm starting to notice is visible in tight shirts. I tried one on this morning and DH commented that my coworker might notice. It's not visible at all in larger shirts.

I've had a headache for 3 weeks. I'm definitely going to inquire about that tomorrow. Tomorrow's appointment should just be meeting the midwife, learning more about the practice, etc but I don't think I will get a scan.

Babyfeva, I know very little about dopplers but I do remember in researching that there were lots of mixed discussions on any dangers. Seemed to be pretty safe overall. The one thing I do remember them warning about is women feeling weird or like something is off and not going to the doctor because they relied on the Doppler to tell them everything was ok. no expert or real opinion here, just sharing what little I do remember reading about them. I had a bnb friend that used one and had no problems with her now 1.5 month old.

I have a very small bump that I'm starting to notice is visible in tight shirts. I tried one on this morning and DH commented that my coworker might notice. It's not visible at all in larger shirts.

I've had a headache for 3 weeks. I'm definitely going to inquire about that tomorrow. Tomorrow's appointment should just be meeting the midwife, learning more about the practice, etc but I don't think I will get a scan.

Babyfeva, I know very little about dopplers but I do remember in researching that there were lots of mixed discussions on any dangers. Seemed to be pretty safe overall. The one thing I do remember them warning about is women feeling weird or like something is off and not going to the doctor because they relied on the Doppler to tell them everything was ok. no expert or real opinion here, just sharing what little I do remember reading about them. I had a bnb friend that used one and had no problems with her now 1.5 month old.

Thanks Cutie. Good luck for tomorrow. Hopefully they can sneak in a scan. :)

I'm going into it with the expectation of not getting one that way my hopes aren't up. In their online portal, they detail the appointment and there's not one listed. I am excited to find out when the next one is. Hopefully @ 12 weeks which is just 3 weeks away!

Hello ladies

Can I cautiously join please?

I am due 26th September, based on LMP, although my cycle ranges from 28/30 days so may be slightly out.

I had a MC back in September, and also before my little boy who is now 2.

I am extremely anxious about losing this one also and I have had HCG levels checked:

4w6d = 1046
5w4d = 8445

I think those are ok?

I also have a private early scan booked in for friday to try and relax me a little.

Hey ladies! My "bump" has been there for a while (Like 5 weeks) I think it is bloat from Progesterone. .lol! I am feeling awful with my sinuses today!! I don't want to take any meds though.. ughhhh

Welcome Lol!

Good morning ladies,

Welcome lol2811!!! So glad you joined us!! There are wonderful ladies here to support you and help you in any way we can. :hugs: Your HCG levels look wonderful!!! Mine did not double and I'm 9 weeks 1 day and all is well so far. So don't worry about your numbers at all, they're going up really good and that's what matters!! I'm so sorry for your losses. I've had 2 as well.

babyfeva, I have heard that a doppler is fine to use...I just wouldn't use it for long periods of time. The pregnancy association says it's safe, but there's still some question of long periods of exposure.

Christi, I got the Sonoline C1 doppler with the 3 Mhz probe. It's $65.00 and FDA approved.

Cutie, I'm so excited for your appointment tomorrow. I think it will be a fun one learning about the process you'll go through. Definently ask them about your headaches though.

wantabby, I'm sorry you're not feeling great. Drink lots of water and try to take it easy.

Welcome lol2811!

So sorry for your losses. Your hcg increased so I wouldn't worry about those at all.

Great scan pic karen!!

And congrats on finding the hb MrsR :)

Hope you feel better wantabby

My appointment from yesterday has been rescheduled for friday. I'm so annoyed!!!
I broke down and took my diclectin last night. I felt sooo nauseous and couldn't sleep. Today I'm feeling better. I'm pretty sure my 'bump' is bloating combined with the little beer belly I already had :s I've been off work with a broken foot so all that Christmas weight is just staying with me. Urgh... I feel gignormous!

Welcome lol! :flower: Your numbers sound fine. Good luck on your scan next week :flower:
Sorry for your losses. We all had anything from one to multiple losses in this group, so we're all together hoping for our September rainbows :flower:

Thanks MrsR :flower: I will look into that doppler.

Cutie - good luck with your midwife appointment tomorrow. Hope they give you an ultrasound.

As for me, I think I spoke too soon. Had my first severe morning sickness episode this morning and actually threw up half way through my breakfast (sorry for TMI). Felt horrible for about 5 minutes and then it was all good again. Funny thing is, I then went back to finishing my breakfast without a problem and now I'm feeling fine. As crazy as it sounds, I'm kinda happy it happened, as it reassures me baby is doing fine. I wouldn't want it to happen all the time of course, but 2-3 times a week until I'm safely past the first trimester, I wouldn't mind :winkwink: I know, I'm crazy, huh? :wacko:

congrats lol2811, im very anxious too about this one, although both my losses were before my lb. It still makes it hard to relax and enjoy

Karen - good luck for tomorrow! I think we all think the same things. First scan - will there be anything? Subsequent scans - has baby grown and will there still be a heart beat? It's a tough waiting game. Hopefully all will be ok and you can breathe a sigh of relief tomorrow :flower:

Re nausea medication - sorry, not familiar with any prescription drugs :blush: My nausea has been pretty mild anyway for me to need to take anything, but I'm also on 'pregnancy' herbs ever since my BFP, and some of those are supposed to help with nausea. Maybe this explains why I haven't felt worse this whole time.

Ohhh what herbs are you taking ??

Karen - good luck for tomorrow! I think we all think the same things. First scan - will there be anything? Subsequent scans - has baby grown and will there still be a heart beat? It's a tough waiting game. Hopefully all will be ok and you can breathe a sigh of relief tomorrow :flower:

Re nausea medication - sorry, not familiar with any prescription drugs :blush: My nausea has been pretty mild anyway for me to need to take anything, but I'm also on 'pregnancy' herbs ever since my BFP, and some of those are supposed to help with nausea. Maybe this explains why I haven't felt worse this whole time.

Ohhh what herbs are you taking ??

I've been seeing an acupuncturist/traditional Chinese medicine practitioner weekly and he's giving me a custom mix of Chinese herbs, all with weird names. Some of them are general tonics, others are for 'the blood chi' or the kidney chi' (very important in Chinese medicine and the sources of all bads, according to it), some are for nausea, others are to calm the uterus, others to prevent spotting (which I've had some of) etc. I must have about 15 plants in my mix and I take 5 level spoonfuls twice a day. He's going to give me less of it once I'm safely past the first trimester. That being said, I had my first throw up this morning, which wasn't fun, but for me it's very reassuring, so oddly, I'm happy :haha: But other than the normal pregnancy discomforts that come and go, I've been feeling ok in general so far.

Carebear - how annoying that your appointment was rescheduled for Friday! :wacko:
Are you based in the UK or Canada by any chance? Wonder why the technician wouldn't tell you anything right there and then and you would have to see your doctor to find out the results.
When I lived in the UK (I was in London for 4 years) I recall a similar system, but still, every time I'd be referred to a hospital for ultrasounds and such (for a gynecological problem I had), the tech would always give me some clue of what was going on/what they were seeing.

Edit: Oops, sorry, I didn't notice, looks like you are based in Canada. My bad :blush: I hope Friday goes great for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->