September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

carebear, I'm so sorry your appointment was rescheduled to Friday. That's so frustrating!!

Christi, I'm sorry you threw up, but yes...a great sign!!! Hahahaha!!!

Yep... in Canada. We have ultrasound/xray places that a doc refers us to and then all their results go to the doctor. The technicians aren't allowed to say anything.

Anyone wanna hear something crazy??

Yesterday I went to my OB for a follow up ultrasound to check the size of my SCH.
First of all- baby looks great! I was 9+3 yesterday, and baby is much bigger. Distinguishable head and little fat body, what appeared to be stumpy little arm and leg buds. Measuring right on target, wonderful strong heartbeat with a rate of 174. Even got to hear it!

BUT imagine my confusion when the sonographer said she couldn't find what she was supposed to be following up on. I mean, it was described as a "huge" bleed, 6x3.
Turns out what the hospital thought was a SCH, was the gestational sac of a twin. So when I thought for SURE that I was miscarrying, I did- just happens that I still have a perfectly healthy baby swimming around in there, too! My OB showed me some cool sonographic findings that led her to this conclusion- the biggest of which being that the supposed "bleed" has a decidual reaction around it, exactly like the baby-containing gestational sac next to it. I showed her pictures, because I am gross like that, of the largest clot I passed- and she said there is without a doubt tissue in there. She believes it was the placenta.

Because she couldn't rule out a bleed of some kind with 100% certainty, I'm STILLLLLL on bedrest for two more weeks until we have another follow-up ultrasound. Most likely, there will just be a larger, more well-developed baby whose sac has begun to push the other sac to the side. If this was truly a SCH, there will be a clot that is hopefully smaller as it's begun to reabsorb. However, my doctor said she really truly believes that it was a twin that we lost. It explains the gushes of watery earthy-smelling stuff, and the tissuey clot, etc.

I'm sorry carbear, that really does sound incredibly frustrating!

Yay for all the recent good scans and hb on Doppler. Hopefully the time for bad news in this group is over!

MrsGH - that is crazy! It would also explain those rapidly doubling hcg numbers you had. I'm sorry for the loss of your twin mama :hugs:.

Mrsr: Congratulations on finding the heartbeat! How exciting!

Lol: welcome! Good luck with your upcoming scan.

Carebear: so sorry your appointment was rescheduled!

Mrsgoodheart: what a crazy appointment. Sorry for the loss of the twin.

AFM: no bump or really bloating any more. I have actually lost 8 lbs. Crazy.

I will try and take a picture of the chart my mom has for DoTerra oils. You will be amazed at what you actually shouldn’t use, and that is varies from oil to oil on how to use them is safe. Like breathing wintergreen is not ok.

oh wow MrsGH- thats crazy! Glad the remaining little one is snuggled in tight!

Lol2811- welcome and congrats!!

Scan day for me tomorrow- im so scared!

Carebear- grrr so frustrating!!!

You've got this bug!!

MrsG - definitely crazy and sorry for that loss but glad things are ok and progressing well with your little one

Excited about my midwife appointment tomorrow. I can't believe we're at this step of talking about the future!

MrsG - wow, that IS crazy!! :wacko:
Sorry for your loss of the twin - I guess it happens more than we realize.
But great news that your baby is growing and doing just fine! :thumbup:

Cutie, hopefully you'll get your scan tomorrow! That's insane that your head has been hurting for that long! I hope you find relief soon!!! Best of luck with your appointment, I'll be stalking!!! :dance:

As for the Doppler, I'm worried that because I work at home, I will obsess over it and end up doing it all day long. Sooooo I won't be getting one. :blush:

Hello ladies

Can I cautiously join please?

I am due 26th September, based on LMP, although my cycle ranges from 28/30 days so may be slightly out.

I had a MC back in September, and also before my little boy who is now 2.

I am extremely anxious about losing this one also and I have had HCG levels checked:

4w6d = 1046
5w4d = 8445

I think those are ok?

I also have a private early scan booked in for friday to try and relax me a little.

Welcome Hun! Your levels sound fab, much higher than mine were at that stage. Good luck for your scan Friday!

I'm sorry to hear your need mrs GH. I lost a twin in my sons pregnancy. I passed a sac at almost 9 weeks, assumed i had miscarried and so did the doctors but two weeks later I had the shock of a lifetime when they did a repeat ultrasound as my levels weren't dropping and we saw an 11 week little baby still there. It was heartbreaking but I focused on the little baby that was still there and now he's a happy healthy 9 year old. Try to rest up and make sure you look after yourself. Bed rest is a killer but it will be worth it in the end.

Wow. That is crazy MrsGH. So sorry you lost the twin! Take care of yourself!

Good luck today Bug! And for your appointment cuite!!

Thank you everyone for all your kind words, it's nice to know i'm not alone.

Not sure if it is morning sickness or not, but so far this morning I have been feeling a little queasy, not full on sickness, just a little odd. I didn't have anything like it with my son so it's difficult to know if things are due to pregnancy, or just one of those things. Only time will tell I suppose.

Hello ladies

Can I cautiously join please?

I am due 26th September, based on LMP, although my cycle ranges from 28/30 days so may be slightly out.

I had a MC back in September, and also before my little boy who is now 2.

I am extremely anxious about losing this one also and I have had HCG levels checked:

4w6d = 1046
5w4d = 8445

I think those are ok?

I also have a private early scan booked in for friday to try and relax me a little.

Welcome! So sorry for your losses. Wishing you a great appointment on Friday.

Great scan pic karen!!

And congrats on finding the hb MrsR :)

Hope you feel better wantabby

My appointment from yesterday has been rescheduled for friday. I'm so annoyed!!!
I broke down and took my diclectin last night. I felt sooo nauseous and couldn't sleep. Today I'm feeling better. I'm pretty sure my 'bump' is bloating combined with the little beer belly I already had :s I've been off work with a broken foot so all that Christmas weight is just staying with me. Urgh... I feel gignormous!

Oh man, I'm sorry you have to wait until Friday. 2 more days!!

Welcome lol! :flower: Your numbers sound fine. Good luck on your scan next week :flower:
Sorry for your losses. We all had anything from one to multiple losses in this group, so we're all together hoping for our September rainbows :flower:

Thanks MrsR :flower: I will look into that doppler.

Cutie - good luck with your midwife appointment tomorrow. Hope they give you an ultrasound.

As for me, I think I spoke too soon. Had my first severe morning sickness episode this morning and actually threw up half way through my breakfast (sorry for TMI). Felt horrible for about 5 minutes and then it was all good again. Funny thing is, I then went back to finishing my breakfast without a problem and now I'm feeling fine. As crazy as it sounds, I'm kinda happy it happened, as it reassures me baby is doing fine. I wouldn't want it to happen all the time of course, but 2-3 times a week until I'm safely past the first trimester, I wouldn't mind :winkwink: I know, I'm crazy, huh? :wacko:

Sorry you got sick but a positive symptom :)

Anyone wanna hear something crazy??

Yesterday I went to my OB for a follow up ultrasound to check the size of my SCH.
First of all- baby looks great! I was 9+3 yesterday, and baby is much bigger. Distinguishable head and little fat body, what appeared to be stumpy little arm and leg buds. Measuring right on target, wonderful strong heartbeat with a rate of 174. Even got to hear it!

BUT imagine my confusion when the sonographer said she couldn't find what she was supposed to be following up on. I mean, it was described as a "huge" bleed, 6x3.
Turns out what the hospital thought was a SCH, was the gestational sac of a twin. So when I thought for SURE that I was miscarrying, I did- just happens that I still have a perfectly healthy baby swimming around in there, too! My OB showed me some cool sonographic findings that led her to this conclusion- the biggest of which being that the supposed "bleed" has a decidual reaction around it, exactly like the baby-containing gestational sac next to it. I showed her pictures, because I am gross like that, of the largest clot I passed- and she said there is without a doubt tissue in there. She believes it was the placenta.

Because she couldn't rule out a bleed of some kind with 100% certainty, I'm STILLLLLL on bedrest for two more weeks until we have another follow-up ultrasound. Most likely, there will just be a larger, more well-developed baby whose sac has begun to push the other sac to the side. If this was truly a SCH, there will be a clot that is hopefully smaller as it's begun to reabsorb. However, my doctor said she really truly believes that it was a twin that we lost. It explains the gushes of watery earthy-smelling stuff, and the tissuey clot, etc.

Oh my, that explains the bleed. I'm so sorry that you lost the twin baby but am happy to hear all is well with your other baby. You must be in shock.

Mrsr: Congratulations on finding the heartbeat! How exciting!

Lol: welcome! Good luck with your upcoming scan.

Carebear: so sorry your appointment was rescheduled!

Mrsgoodheart: what a crazy appointment. Sorry for the loss of the twin.

AFM: no bump or really bloating any more. I have actually lost 8 lbs. Crazy.

I will try and take a picture of the chart my mom has for DoTerra oils. You will be amazed at what you actually shouldn’t use, and that is varies from oil to oil on how to use them is safe. Like breathing wintergreen is not ok.

Wow, can't believe you lost 8 pounds! I've gained 2 lol.

oh wow MrsGH- thats crazy! Glad the remaining little one is snuggled in tight!

Lol2811- welcome and congrats!!

Scan day for me tomorrow- im so scared!

Carebear- grrr so frustrating!!!

Best of luck today Bug!

You've got this bug!!

MrsG - definitely crazy and sorry for that loss but glad things are ok and progressing well with your little one

Excited about my midwife appointment tomorrow. I can't believe we're at this step of talking about the future!

How exciting for your midwife appointment!

I can't believe that I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow. Feels so surreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->