September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Congrats on passing your milestone karen!

Wish my symptoms would subside a little. This hypermesis is the most horrible thing I've ever had. Really hoping it buggers off soon. But too be honest if it means a healthy baby I'd put up with it the whole 9 months.

I won't be having the genetic tests either. In the UK you only get them if there's a problem on the scan. Although being able to find out the gender early would be amazing. Determined to stay team yellow though!

AH~ I have been noticing some tightness/pulling when I stretch or turn a certain way. I am also noticing it is slightly harder/uncomfortable to bend up from flat of my back.

I gave in and bought a doppler. .lol! Waiting on it to come in..

Yay for your milestone Karen! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about your hyperemesis Maryanne! It must be horrible! Hope your symptoms ease a little bit. On the bright side, it's probably a great sign about your pregnancy, though I know this is little comfort when you are constantly sick. Hope you feel better soon!

I just wanted to say Congrats girls! I was in your shoes a year ago. I had my son this past September. He is my rainbow. I had 2 losses before him and tried for 3 years until he came into this world! Take it easy and enjoy your pregnancy!

PS. Doppler is the best invention ever! I purchased one and used it almost daily to reassure myself that my little peanut was doing good. Idk what I would've done without it.

Thanks babydust!!

So I just got back from my appointment and it wasn't good news... or it might not be... I don't know... just so sad but trying to be hopeful :cry: The doctor said the heartbeat was low so of course I started crying right there. I asked her what the baby was measuring and she said 5w5d. (I should have been 6w6d). So I said, well is the heartbeat fine for a baby that size and she said yes. Instantly, I figured I ovulated late and finally after asking me how my cycles were, she said, ok maybe I ovulated late or the baby isn't developing like it should. So because its Friday and nothing is open on the weekend!! I have to wait till Monday. She is sending me for more bloodwork (2 days of HCG) and another ultrasound to see if baby is progressing.
I'm trying to stay positive... I knew it was possible I ovulated late because of when me and DH BD'd over the holidays. I changed my ticker to help me stay positive...
Just sooo mad too.... if the doc office hadn't closed monday because of the snow, I would have had this whole week to figure things out... and now I have to wait the whole weekend :growlmad:

Hang in there carebear. My doc said the dating could be off a week and that's ok. How were you tracking your ovulation? I'd hate for her to unnecessarily scare you, but it doesn't sound like it's pointing at bad news.

Good morning ladies,

confuzion, sending you luck for your scan next Thursday!! That's so exciting you're going to be able to find out the sex so early!!! Jealous!!!

Christi, sending you luck for your scan next Thursday as well!!!

karenh, congrats on making it to your 8 week milestone!!

maryanne, I hope your hypermesis chills out soon for you as well.

wantabby, how exciting you decided to get a doppler!!! I tried mine again a couple days after finding the hb and couldn't find it again but for like one sec and then lost it. But I'm still early on and that's super common to not find it every time. I'm just going to try it once a week until I'm futher along and can find it a lot easier.

babydust, thank you so much for stopping in and sharing your story!! Your son is absolutely adorable!!!

I just have an app on my phone that tracks my cycles. Plus I can tell by cm when it's happening. My cycles are pretty regular 27-28 days but once in awhile I have a longer cycle (like once every six months) I thought it seemed late this time around which is why I'm not having a total breakdown... we shall see next week

Thanks babydust!!

So I just got back from my appointment and it wasn't good news... or it might not be... I don't know... just so sad but trying to be hopeful :cry: The doctor said the heartbeat was low so of course I started crying right there. I asked her what the baby was measuring and she said 5w5d. (I should have been 6w6d). So I said, well is the heartbeat fine for a baby that size and she said yes. Instantly, I figured I ovulated late and finally after asking me how my cycles were, she said, ok maybe I ovulated late or the baby isn't developing like it should. So because its Friday and nothing is open on the weekend!! I have to wait till Monday. She is sending me for more bloodwork (2 days of HCG) and another ultrasound to see if baby is progressing.
I'm trying to stay positive... I knew it was possible I ovulated late because of when me and DH BD'd over the holidays. I changed my ticker to help me stay positive...
Just sooo mad too.... if the doc office hadn't closed monday because of the snow, I would have had this whole week to figure things out... and now I have to wait the whole weekend :growlmad:

Carebear, I'm very sorry you are feeling so upset, but yes, don't write it off yet. If you know you ovulated late, this is very likely the explanation. Remember that many babies measure a few days behind on ultrasound anyway and they are perfectly healthy and go to term, so if you ovulated late on top of that, the discrepancy in dates is probably smaller than you think. If your baby was 5w5d last week, this also explains the low heartbeat, as this is around the time when the heart starts to beat and yes, it does start slow at the beginning and gets quicker as the pregnancy moves along. Sucks that you have to wait over the weekend, but see what your next ultrasound shows and also what your blood tests show and don't lose hope. I have a good feeling for you :flower: Keep us posted!

Thanks Christi... the doc just didn't seem too positive.... talking about how common miscarriages are :cry: She knew I had a loss before, I don't know how she could just sit there so calmly and say it happens...

Thanks Christi... the doc just didn't seem too positive.... talking about how common miscarriages are :cry: She knew I had a loss before, I don't know how she could just sit there so calmly and say it happens...

Well, that's because she sees it a lot in her job, plus it's not HER baby, you know? :growlmad:
It makes me sad (and mad) when doctors show little compassion. :nope:
If that makes you feel any better, my doctor (who was also my OB in my blighted ovum pregnancy) was very cautious with me in the beginning. He treated me as high risk from the get-go, even though my numbers were good. But because I was spotting early on and because of my previous history, I think he might have thought I was about to miscarry again (though he never said it out loud - just an impression I got). Interestingly, at that point, I was feeling very reassured that all was well despite his cautiousness. After we saw the hb for the first time on week 6 he got a little more reassured, but kept repeating 'no intercourse, take it easy' etc. etc. After we saw the baby with hb again on week 8, I feel he went to the other extreme. Laid back and he even gave me brochures of the hospitals he is affiliated with, so that I can start researching where I want to birth :wacko: Interestingly again, now I am the one who is more cautious and who wants to wait until at least the end of the trimester to ensure all is good. At the end of the day though, no doctor is going to determine the outcome, no matter how pessimistic or optimistic they are. It's just nature. But based on what you've said about late ovulation etc., things don't look that bad for you, so I hope you get to prove your doctor wrong.

Carebear so sorry your going through this. But don't lose hope. I remember my ob saying anything under 12 days behind isn't considered bad news. I asked him as I was concerned about being put back by almost a week. Baby had caught up now mind so maybe your little one is just a slow starter too. Will keep everything crossed for you!

And thank you babydust :)

*hugs* carebear- don't loose hope- it should like you could well gave ovulated a little later, then maybe it was a late implanter too? I hope you get some positive answers next week xxx

carebear, a friend of mine went in at 12 weeks and she only measured 10 weeks 3 days. That's a HUGE difference and she's now almost 32 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy! He's measuring ahead now!! So don't lose hope, everything could be completely fine!!:thumbup:

Thanks babydust!!

Sorry that you're having to stress. Let's just see how little peanut progresses. The positive is that the baby has a heartbeat and it is very likely that you ovulated late.

Thanks sooo much everyone. Your positive thoughts will get me through :)
Good thing is, I still have all my symptoms so... I think my doc is just a jerk scaring me :(

Don't loose hope CB! Measurements are off all the time!! Just wait until next week, I'm sure bean will be right where it needs to be!!

My doppler already came in.. I found the HB, but it had a hard time giving me a hb rate. I am happy that I found it though. It really is a relief! Head cold is still lingering. . I have been flushing my sinuses with saline nose spray.. my doctor said no decongestants or antihistamines. .

Anyone suffering from insomnia? I've been ok with falling asleep but once I wake up to pee I can't go back to sleep! Do any of you know if it's safe to take anything?

Anyone suffering from insomnia? I've been ok with falling asleep but once I wake up to pee I can't go back to sleep! Do any of you know if it's safe to take anything?

I had it bad last night. Only got 3 hours of sleep. I'm not sure about what to take. I didn't see anything other than natural remedies like taking a warm bath. I just put on a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->