September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

I've told work about 6 weeks along since I'm close to them all. I'm also a dental hygienist so want to make sure I'm not working around nitrous oxide.

In regards to progesterone, I'm also going to ask about weaning off of it.

I asked about weaning off and my doc and midwife said you just stop. The placenta takes over at 12 weeks. I asked if they check to make sure and they said they don't. I will probably go 12 weeks and a couple of days. I'm pretty happy to be done with it but I have the same hesitations about stopping cold turkey.

good luck to those with appts this week!!

no insomnia for me- i do get up to pee about every 1.5-2 hours usually but fall right back to sleep
im actually going to tell my manager tomorrow. im kind of nervous. When I found out I was pregnant the last time I had just accepted a new job at a hospital closer to home that had just undergone a massive reno and doubled their ICU unit- I got the BFP in March, but wasn't supposed to start the job until July. I called the manager and told her as I didn't want to show up almost 20 weeks with no mention before hand and I was feeling a bit guilty about starting a new job and potentially leaving within a couple months. When I miscarried I never even thought to call her and tell her... then when my start date came I realized... she never said anything so I assume she figured what happened. So now im going to tell her "again"..

I've honestly skipped taking my progesterone pills because I ran out but was lazy to get a refill. I'm just sick of taking meds. I'm on aspirin too. I will start again on the progesterone tonight. Just a little over a week and I can stop it. Thank goodness.

I had my scan on Friday (would be 6w6d by LMP). Saw a little heart beat which was a great relief. The scan wasn't as clear as other early scans I have had, but assuming it is a difference in the equipment.

She did say I was measuring probably between 5.5 - 6 weeks, more likely closer to 6, although she didn't seem worried at all. My cycles are on average about 30 days, not the standard 28, and assume I could have implanted late so guessing this is ok isn't it?

I am still very anxious though, just can't seem to switch it off, worrying about every tiny little thing and can't stop thinking of the what if's...

I have been having a queasy feeling, like the sickie feeling you get when you are nervous. Is this morning sickness? I never had it with my little boy so don't have a clue.

I have also completely gone off pretty much anything sweet, which is very odd for me, I always like to have a biscuit with a cup of tea!! But just not interested in it at the minute.

glad your scan went well lol2811- my dr says they always give a + or - 5 day window with early scans so I wouldn't worry!
sounds like it could be the start of some MS- mine started out as just a little queasy feeling now and then.

glad your scan went well lol2811- my dr says they always give a + or - 5 day window with early scans so I wouldn't worry!
sounds like it could be the start of some MS- mine started out as just a little queasy feeling now and then.

That's how my sickness feeling is every now and again... But also I've completely gone off food and have this weird taste in my mouth. Im 7 weeks this weekend. So if the peanut continues to grow I guess I'll be getting more ...

Hope you don't mind me popping in I am due early October. But love to read about all your experiences in the 1st trimester !

Xxx

Lol2811, glad you got to hear peanuts heartbeat! As far as the queasy feeling, I have that too. I usually have a sweet tooth bit not really craving it at the moment.

Great news Lol! :happydance:
Yes, babies can measure up to a week or so behind or ahead and apparently that is considered ok. This can change with subsequent scans. The queasy feeling sounds like it may the beginning of MS. I had it from early on, but it was super mild and only appeared every 3-4 days. From the middle of week 7 onwards I've been having it every day, or almost every day. It was mild at first, but has become stronger in the past week, once I hit week 9. Yesterday it was one of my worst days. Had it for several hours in the morning and then again at night. I'm also having it now as we speak :wacko: But I've only been sick once so far. Although it felt as if I was dangerously close a few other times. It's different with every person and every pregnancy, so just take it one day at a time.

Babyfeva - good luck on Wednesday! Hope this week brings good news for both of us :flower:

10 weeks today! :happydance: Well, at least based on LMP, as I measured 3-4 days behind in the last scan. Let's see if the little one has caught up on Thursday.

Oh, and Lol - regarding being nervous: I'm still very nervous. I keep thinking I'll go in Thursday and they'll find no hb. But then I tell myself off and I try to think positively again. I think it's very normal, especially for all of us who have suffered previous losses. As long as it doesn't consume your life, some anxiety seems to go hand in hand with every pregnancy...

Great news Lol! :happydance:
Yes, babies can measure up to a week or so behind or ahead and apparently that is considered ok. This can change with subsequent scans. The queasy feeling sounds like it may the beginning of MS. I had it from early on, but it was super mild and only appeared every 3-4 days. From the middle of week 7 onwards I've been having it every day, or almost every day. It was mild at first, but has become stronger in the past week, once I hit week 9. Yesterday it was one of my worst days. Had it for several hours in the morning and then again at night. I'm also having it now as we speak :wacko: But I've only been sick once so far. Although it felt as if I was dangerously close a few other times. It's different with every person and every pregnancy, so just take it one day at a time.

Babyfeva - good luck on Wednesday! Hope this week brings good news for both of us :flower:

10 weeks today! :happydance: Well, at least based on LMP, as I measured 3-4 days behind in the last scan. Let's see if the little one has caught up on Thursday.

Happy 10 weeks. Good luck to you on Thursday!

Good morning ladies,

Thank you Karenh! :hugs: What's with the lavender oil on your feet thing? Lol!!

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow Babyfeva!! Excited to hear how it goes!! :thumbup:

Bug, good luck telling your boss. I hope she is supportive for you.

lol2811, congrats on seeing the hb!! That is a great sign!! :thumbup: It's ok if you're measuring a bit behind, that's very common.

Hello Chrissi!!! You are more than welcome here even if you're due the first part of October, you could have your little one the end of September, you never know!!

Congrats on 10 weeks Christi!! :happydance: Good luck on Thursday and hoping to hear great news about your little one!!

AFM: My ms still comes and goes. It always hits me around noon and sometimes in the evenings. I sometimes have a bit of a gut ache in the mornings, but not really nausea. My bbs don't hurt near as bad as they did, still a bit sore but maily my nipples hurt. Like taking a shower I have to make sure I shield myself because if the water hits them it hurts!! I'm kind of having a negative attitude day today. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something. I'm just scared that since everything is going so well so far, that when I go in for my next scan on the 19th like some of you have said and it will be bad. :cry: I just heard the hb loud and clear with my doppler on Saturday, but I'm out of gel, so I need to get some aloe vera which works the same way for it today. I'll try to find it today again and that will help my attitude I'm sure. It's really easy to worry when we've had losses and then things seem to be going great and you don't want to hit your excitement bubble popped.

Happy 10 weeks Christi!!

3 hours till my ultrasound... so nervous.

Positive, positive, positive thoughts!! I repeat that to myself all the time. I conceived right on my loss day so I tell myself that my little angel baby will watch over this one. She's gonna stick around!!!
I crave sweets! Yesterday I had DH get me strawberries. I hear if your are having a girl, you want fruits and sweet things and if it's a boy, you want meat/protein. Not sure how true that is. I did also crave bologna so... I'm having both!!! hahaha

I have started with the insomnia. . It is when I try to go to sleep, and when I wake up to pee.. I haven't been having it until the past 3-4 nights.. as far as nausea as long as I eat (almost constantly <-lol! ) I am fine.

I have been having pelvic/public bone pain.. like dull and pretty constant. . I makes me worried, but hopefully it is just stretching/growing!! And the progesterone. . I am going down to one pill per day for a week.. then every other day.. it is my method. My doctor only advised me to take progesterone until week 10.. I feel better coming off of it slowly..

MrsR - I totally hear you! With me, I've found that the negative thoughts hit me worse when I'm 2-3 days away from my next appointment. The day before, I'm usually terrified and preparing myself for the worst. It's horrible. This time is the first time when I've had more consistent and stronger symptoms before a scan appointment, so I'm more relaxed than usual because of that. Maybe because we've seen the hb twice now too, don't know. Then the little devilish voice in my head tells me that I shouldn't be too reassured by symptoms, because anything can happen regardless of symptoms :wacko:
You're so lucky to have the doppler though! I'll probably get one if all is still good after this next scan, as long as I can restrict myself to only use it once/week and only on weeks when I'm not getting a scan at the OB's office. Don't want to overdo it with the sound waves. The other alternative would be for me to get a 'fetoscope' (like a stethoscope, but specifically for babies) which isn't like a sono, but that only works after 16-18 weeks along, or later. Not sure I have the patience to wait that long, plus you start feeling the baby around that time anyway, so what's the point?

Carebear - that's wonderful that you conceived the day of your loss. That's definitely not a coincidence :flower: I too try to engage in positivity exercises. Most of the time they work ok, sometimes I'm just too freaked out.

Re cravings - I don't really have cravings. But I don't want sweet stuff almost at all. And definitely eat a lot of protein, meat etc. By that, I should be having a boy. By the Chinese prediction calendar, it should be a girl. I have no hunch whatsoever. Early on, I was convinced it was going to be a girl. Now I'm not so sure, I could see me having either :haha:. Oh well, we shall see :winkwink:

Welcome to the thread Chrissie! :flower:

carebear, good luck at your scan!!! Let us know how it goes!!

wantabby, I think it's common to have aches and pains in your pelvis, it's adjusting and everything is growing and stretching.

Christi, that's how I've been too. Today just happens to be a bad day for me. I've been feeling pretty good and positive too.

I have started with the insomnia. . It is when I try to go to sleep, and when I wake up to pee.. I haven't been having it until the past 3-4 nights.. as far as nausea as long as I eat (almost constantly <-lol! ) I am fine.

I have been having pelvic/public bone pain.. like dull and pretty constant. . I makes me worried, but hopefully it is just stretching/growing!! And the progesterone. . I am going down to one pill per day for a week.. then every other day.. it is my method. My doctor only advised me to take progesterone until week 10.. I feel better coming off of it slowly..

Pelvic/pubic pains have been pretty bad for me the past few days.

I had a day like that yesterday Mrs.R! I just had lost hope for some odd reason! The cramping/stretching I have been having the past two days had me worried! But I found the HB that evening in like 20 seconds.. (I only listened for a few seconds) I don't want to over do it! But it was enough to make me feel better... I think it is natural for us to worry! I can't wait to get out of first tri and feel baby move..

Good morning ladies,

Thank you Karenh! :hugs: What's with the lavender oil on your feet thing? Lol!!

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow Babyfeva!! Excited to hear how it goes!! :thumbup:

Bug, good luck telling your boss. I hope she is supportive for you.

lol2811, congrats on seeing the hb!! That is a great sign!! :thumbup: It's ok if you're measuring a bit behind, that's very common.

Hello Chrissi!!! You are more than welcome here even if you're due the first part of October, you could have your little one the end of September, you never know!!

Congrats on 10 weeks Christi!! :happydance: Good luck on Thursday and hoping to hear great news about your little one!!

AFM: My ms still comes and goes. It always hits me around noon and sometimes in the evenings. I sometimes have a bit of a gut ache in the mornings, but not really nausea. My bbs don't hurt near as bad as they did, still a bit sore but maily my nipples hurt. Like taking a shower I have to make sure I shield myself because if the water hits them it hurts!! I'm kind of having a negative attitude day today. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something. I'm just scared that since everything is going so well so far, that when I go in for my next scan on the 19th like some of you have said and it will be bad. :cry: I just heard the hb loud and clear with my doppler on Saturday, but I'm out of gel, so I need to get some aloe vera which works the same way for it today. I'll try to find it today again and that will help my attitude I'm sure. It's really easy to worry when we've had losses and then things seem to be going great and you don't want to hit your excitement bubble popped.

I totally understand how you feel. This weekend I ended up taking Unisom to sleep which was ok'd by my doctors office. Of course the next day I freaked. I couldn't find the heartbeat where it usually is but decided to check to the left side and bam found it. I almost cried with relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->