September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Thank you bug!

Cutie, I have been having a harder time falling asleep and when I wake to pee it takes me longer to go back to sleep.. (especially with hubby snoring <- :lol:) but I haven't experienced it near as bad as you!

Thank you bug!

Cutie, I have been having a harder time falling asleep and when I wake to pee it takes me longer to go back to sleep.. (especially with hubby snoring <- :lol:) but I haven't experienced it near as bad as you!

It hasn't been common for me. Last night was the worst it's been. Praying that was it! Nausea has tapered off the past two days.

Wantabby - congrats on finding the hb with the doppler! :thumbup:

babyfeva - I had insomnia in the past 2 weeks. Luckily this week I'm back to sleeping A LOT and really loving it. Not sure if it's safe to take anything, you can try asking your doctor. Some herbs may be safer than drugs to take, but you need to make sure they're safe to take in pregnancy. I know a cup of camomile before bed can have mild calming effects and it's considered safe in pregnancy, as long as you don't overdo it (like with anything). I mentioned my sleep troubles to my acupuncturist early in the week and he made an adjustment in my herbs. I think that must have helped because I've been sleeping much better again since.

Good morning and happy Monday everyone! How is everyone feeling?

Anyone else having an OB appointment this week and feeling nervous? I've been fine this whole time, but this morning I'm feeling quite nervous, as my next appointment is coming up on Thursday am, just 3 days away. Like every other time, I think of all the worst case scenarios, which I hate, but I can't really help it. I wonder if I'll ever get over this fear. Hoping to feel much more relaxed if all is still good by the end of the trimester (which isn't that far away now, thankfully). My symptoms have been more distinct in the past 2 weeks, and yet I'm not all that more reassured. Anyway, just wanted to share, but I don't want to get everyone else down, so I'm going to shut up now :haha:. I think some 'positivity' mental exercises are in order for me today :winkwink:

Carebear - hope your tests this week go well and bring good news. Do you also have another scan this week? Thinking of you! :hugs:

I'm doing ok. Soooo nervous. Had a blood draw today, ultrasound tomorrow and another blood draw Wednesday. Then I have a doc appt to find the results Thursday Feb 19!!! Argh!!!
I'll probably call earlier. I just can't wait that long... at least I'll be able to see my little bubble on the ultrasound. I felt sooooo sick this morning I actually had to run to the bathroom... normally I get nauseous at night. Weird... I'm finally back to work after my broken foot so happy everything is getting back to normal. I'm going to tell them next week after I call my doc and get my results. Did any of you tell your work yet?

Yay for the heartbeat wantabby!!

Good luck with your appointment Christi!! I'm sure everything will go well :)

Oh and no insomnia for me... I basically eat and sleep. That's all I want to do. Although this morning I did have to pee at 4:30 am... and then I couldn't get back to sleep...

I'm doing ok. Soooo nervous. Had a blood draw today, ultrasound tomorrow and another blood draw Wednesday. Then I have a doc appt to find the results Thursday Feb 19!!! Argh!!!
I'll probably call earlier. I just can't wait that long... at least I'll be able to see my little bubble on the ultrasound. I felt sooooo sick this morning I actually had to run to the bathroom... normally I get nauseous at night. Weird... I'm finally back to work after my broken foot so happy everything is getting back to normal. I'm going to tell them next week after I call my doc and get my results. Did any of you tell your work yet?

Definitely call ahead if you can. Being in limbo for 1-2 weeks at a time to find out how things are going just sucks :wacko:
Best of luck with your ultrasound! Maybe the tech will take pity on you and can give you a clue about what they're seeing? :winkwink:

I'm self employed, so no such thing as 'telling my work' for me. But hubby hasn't told his work about my pregnancy and every time he's had to sneak out to join me at my scan appointments, he's always presented it as 'his' doctor/dentist appointments. We've decided he's not coming with me this time so as to not overdo it with leaving work, but if all is well, he's telling them after my 12 week scan, so that he's more free to join me from then on without having to invent excuses. I think if I did have an employer, I would probably wait until the 3 month mark to tell them, just to be sure. At least that seemed to be the norm where I used to work before I became self employed. Every coworker who got pregnant would only tell after her 12 week scan and I don't remember anybody telling earlier. But there's no right or wrong in these situations. Do as you see fit and whatever makes you most comfortable. It also depends on the company's policies.

And since we're discussing 'telling your work' here's a funny story: I have a friend who was pregnant to #2 last year. She works at a newspaper and all her coworkers are men. Being in her second pregnancy, she actually started showing much earlier, which is often the case with second and third pregnancies. Yet she decided she didn't want to tell anybody at work until much later, so she waited until she was like half way through, at 20 weeks :wacko: At which point she had a nice, defined, round belly, you couldn't miss it :haha: Well guess what: her male coworkers were SO surprised when she told them she was pregnant!! They didn't have a clue, they hadn't noticed and hadn't suspected a thing :haha: :haha:
Men are so funny sometimes :haha:

Good morning ladies,

watabby, so excited you found the hb!!! Amazing isn't it!! I'm so sorry you're still not feeling well. Hopefully it will go away soon.

babyfeva, I'm not sure if there is anything safe to take to help you sleep. Maybe call and ask your doctor?

Christi, I think your appointment on Thursday will go great!! I've got my next one on the 19th and I'm nervous for that one. I'll be 11 weeks 3 days at that point and I'm scared my happy bubble will be popped. I think that's normal for all of us.

carebear, I hope you can get the results of your scan and blood tests sooner than the 19th. I hope they will talk to you over the phone if you call them. I would definently do that and let them know you're worried and would like to know sooner if possible.

AFM: Made it to 10 weeks today!! :happydance: I can't believe it!! My bbs are less sore, but my nipples are pretty tender and sensitive and not in a good way! My nausea still comes every now and then, but not as bad. It's more like an irritated belly. My lower back hurts when I'm sitting in my chair at work too. It's a good chair too, not sure what the scoop is there? I ordered some maternity slacks for work because mine are too tight to button now. Obviously just bloat still. I'm still down 2lbs from where I started. So I know it's not weight gain yet. My next scan is on the 19th. Feels like I've been waiting forever to go in again!!! Praying all will look great and if it does we may announce it at that time considering I will be 11 weeks 3 days. So we'll see what everything looks like at that time. Kind of nervous, fingers crossed!!

Hahahaha!! Men... that's hilarious!

I actually have to tell my work sooner. I work on contaminated properties so I really can't do my job right now. I will be able to work on our 'clean' sites though. They kinda need to know in my case. I can only avoid fieldwork for so long! If I had a choice, I would tell them after 12 weeks

Thank you carebear.

I told work right away, but I only work with 4 other people and they know about my first 2 mcs. Plus I'm blessed with a great boss who had to do IVF to get pregnant with her now 2 year old son. So she totally understands.

Mrs.R.. since my last scan we have the same EDD! I am 10 weeks today as well!! I am feeling ok as long as I have eaten. If I'm hungry I feel awful! I have been so sleepy the past two days, and boobs are still sore.. I am just trying to relax. I don't want to over do it with my doppler so I have held off today.. I may give in later..lol!! I am wondering of I should decrease my progesterone dose from 200 2x per day to 200 1x per day.. since my placenta should be taking over and I need to ween myself off.. what are you ladies taking progesterone doing?

Congrats wantabby! And mrs r on reaching 10 weeks!!

Good luck carebear and Christi!

And no insomnia for me either. I do suffer with insomnia normally but since falling pregnant I've been sleeping like a log. Like I need at least 10 hours or I just can't function the next day. It's bliss though! I've struggled with sleeping for such a long time that I forgot what a good nights sleep felt like!!

Carebear - if it's a matter of health and safety, it's definitely a good idea to tell work asap.

MrsR - Congrats on hitting the 10 week mark!! :happydance:

Wantabby- I'm only on 100mg of progesterone once a day. I take it vaginally right before bed every night. That's the standard dosage my doctor prescribes if progesterone levels are within the normal range and he thinks it's enough of a support. But I've heard of many women who take as much as 400mg/day, like you. I'll keep taking mine until I run out of my current refill, which will be sometime on week 12. I do have this irrational fear that stopping it may cause withdrawal bleeding or a sharp drop in my progesterone levels which may lead to further problems, so I wanted to talk to my doctor about possibly coming off it gradually - as in, taking a reduced dosage every other day or something for another week or two. I know some doctors do that, but most say it's ok to just stop it once the placenta takes over. I'd say, if you are considering lowering your dosage, talk to your doctor and see what they think.

wantabby, yay for the same due date!!! :happydance: I would definently ask your doctor before cutting back on your progesterone just in case there is a specific way they want you to do it.

Thank you maryanne and Christi!! :hugs:

Carebear: SO SORRY YOUR APPOINTMENT DIDN’T GO THE BEST. HOPEFULLY IT IS JUST LATE OVULATION AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. THURSDAY IS WAY TOO LONG TO WAIT FOR THE RESULTS. SORRY YOU HAVE TO WAIT. MY NAUSEA HAS SURE KICKED IN TOO, BUT LUCKILY NO THROWING UP YET. I HAVE TOLD MY BOSS, BUT NO ONE ELSE AT WORK. I ONLY TOLD HER BECAUSE SHE ASKED IF I WAS OK, DUE TO ALL MY APPOINTMENTS I HAVE BEEN HAVING. I AM HIGH RISK SO THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT.

BABYFEVER: I HAVEN’T BEEN SLEEPING WELL EITHER. MAYBE TRY LAVENDER OIL ON YOUR FEET? I WOULD BUT CAN’T STAND THE SMELL.

MRS REINEKE & WANTABABY: CONGRATS ON HITTING 10 WEEKS! SO EXCITING!

Good morning and happy Monday everyone! How is everyone feeling?

Anyone else having an OB appointment this week and feeling nervous? I've been fine this whole time, but this morning I'm feeling quite nervous, as my next appointment is coming up on Thursday am, just 3 days away. Like every other time, I think of all the worst case scenarios, which I hate, but I can't really help it. I wonder if I'll ever get over this fear. Hoping to feel much more relaxed if all is still good by the end of the trimester (which isn't that far away now, thankfully). My symptoms have been more distinct in the past 2 weeks, and yet I'm not all that more reassured. Anyway, just wanted to share, but I don't want to get everyone else down, so I'm going to shut up now :haha:. I think some 'positivity' mental exercises are in order for me today :winkwink:

Carebear - hope your tests this week go well and bring good news. Do you also have another scan this week? Thinking of you! :hugs:

I'm always nervous too. I have an appointment on Wednesday. Good luck to us both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->