September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Confuzion
How'd your appointment go!?!

Sarah
That is very strange. I know it takes a while for your hormones to go away but I'm pretty sure they don't get darker! I hope it's good news!!!

MaryAnne
I know my symptoms come and go. My doctor takes EVERYTHING seriously. Honestly it makes me feel better to know they are doing every
Everything they can. I hope you get some answers soon!

Mrs R
Back pain is no fun! Fortunately it's a very common symptom so I take it as a good sign. Your hormones are relaxing your joints which cause back pain. Embarrassing story: I had crippling back pain with my son. It wasn't all the time but when a bad one hit, I couldn't move. One time in my first trimester, I was sleeping and realized a REALLY had to pee so I jumped up to run to the bathroom. When my feet hit the floor I got a back spasm that was so painful I couldn't move and I ended up wetting myself. Lol! That one was an unusually bad one though.

Bug
Congrats on your milestone! That's great!!! Sorry for your morning sickness. :(

Baby
That is glorious news!!! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to hear what the gender is!

Carebear
What a relief!!! I'm so glad everything turned out to be ok!

Christie
Yay!!!!! I'm so glad you had a good scan. I can't wait to see pics!

AFM
Went in yesterday got a last minute appointment to get antibiotics for my UTI. They up'd my anti nausea meds yet again to help me keep the antibiotics down. I was certain they would do the Doppler because I was so sick over the weekend but they didn't offer it for some reason. I'm assuming it's because I have an appointment Tuesday.

babyfeva- so glad your scan went well! yay!

carebear! yay so happy your appt was good! :)

Christie- woohoo for your good scan too! :)

Christi, I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! :happydance: I'm so glad your appointment went so well!! Yay!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with first trimester back aches!! Ambiguous, I'm hoping I don't quite have your experience. Hahahaha!!! :haha:

Here's the picture of the scan since you asked for it. Not great quality, but OB's equipment is a little old, so...:winkwink:
Will hopefully get a better one at the NT scan.
Scan pic says 10w0d, but that is because my OB's computer uses an older dating system which tends to underestimate gestational age, so doc said I'm more like 10w1d (or a little more, because he may have left out 1-2mm from measuring).
Also, there ARE legs :haha:, but the way this picture was taken, you can't see them here :wacko:

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 11
I can't see your pic until I reply...so here's my reply and then I'll reply again. LOL!!

Here's the picture of the scan since you asked for it. Not great quality, but OB's equipment is a little old, so...:winkwink:
Will hopefully get a better one at the NT scan.
Scan pic says 10w0d, but that is because my OB's computer uses an older dating system which tends to underestimate gestational age, so doc said I'm more like 10w1d (or a little more, because he may have left out 1-2mm from measuring).
Also, there ARE legs :haha:, but the way this picture was taken, you can't see them here :wacko:

AWWWWW!!!! Hi, little one!!! :hi:

Christie, carebear, and babyfeva I am so happy for you ladies! ! I took the day off from work today (I've been substitute teaching during our off season > self employed < ) I just couldn't be around them today. I know that is horrible since I am having my own child, but they stress me out! Lol!! I am feeling pretty good. Sleepy, hungry, and drooling are my main complaints still.. headaches are a new thing for me.. ughh!

Sounds like everyone's appointments are going well! I am so glad. I have come down with a cold and a sore throat. I hope it doesn't last long.

Sorry to hear you're sick again karenh! Get better soon!! :flower:

MrsR - sorry to hear about your back too. I get occasional back aches, but it's more like nerve pain. Nothing too too bad so far. Hope you feel better soon! :flower:

AFM - I ordered the doppler this afternoon and it's already shipped. I'm impressed at their speed. They shipped it 2-day Priority, so I should have it on Saturday :happydance: Perfect Valentine's gift :haha:

Christi - aw yay adorable scan photo congrats!

Carbear and babyfeva - wooohooo for awesome scans and appointments :happydance:

Jealous of you ladies not feeling MS! It's been kicking my butt lately.

Ambiguous - hope you manage to keep down the antibiotics and feel better on the anti-nausea meds!

My appointment went well. Baby is actually looking very baby-like now. He/she was moving around so much giving the ultrasound tech trouble measuring the hb though the flicker was as plain as day so no worries there eventually she managed to catch it at 168 bpm. At one point she was like they're doing a handstand! Haha my husband used to be a gymnast so I'm like cool, already taking after their dad!

Also measured 11 weeks when LMP says 10w2d so baby is now 5 days ahead (4 days ahead with the last scan). The tech said my due date should be September 3rd but I don't know if my midwives will actually want to change it so leaving my ticker the same for now.

Had the panorama blood drawn. We'll know if baby has got normal chromosomes and find out what we're having in less than 2 weeks!

Can't believe we've officially passed all of the milestones from my 4 previous losses and so close to second tri now! I feel so much better emotionally.

Congrats confuzion!!! I can't wait to hear what you are having!! Are you going to do a special reveal?

Great scan pic Christi!!

So sorry you are sick karen. Feel better soon!

I'm finally FINALLY getting to tell my parents this weekend. I haven't seen them since Christmas and it's both their bdays coming up so I bought them cards that say Happy Birthday Grandma/Grandpa. I wanted to wait to surprise them but I feel bad cuz a few friends know and my in laws know. And now even my boss knows and they still don't know. They're going to be so happy!! First grandchild on both sides so we'll have a spoiled LO on our hands.

Christi - aw yay adorable scan photo congrats!

Carbear and babyfeva - wooohooo for awesome scans and appointments :happydance:

Jealous of you ladies not feeling MS! It's been kicking my butt lately.

Ambiguous - hope you manage to keep down the antibiotics and feel better on the anti-nausea meds!

My appointment went well. Baby is actually looking very baby-like now. He/she was moving around so much giving the ultrasound tech trouble measuring the hb though the flicker was as plain as day so no worries there eventually she managed to catch it at 168 bpm. At one point she was like they're doing a handstand! Haha my husband used to be a gymnast so I'm like cool, already taking after their dad!

Also measured 11 weeks when LMP says 10w2d so baby is now 5 days ahead (4 days ahead with the last scan). The tech said my due date should be September 3rd but I don't know if my midwives will actually want to change it so leaving my ticker the same for now.

Had the panorama blood drawn. We'll know if baby has got normal chromosomes and find out what we're having in less than 2 weeks!

Can't believe we've officially passed all of the milestones from my 4 previous losses and so close to second tri now! I feel so much better emotionally.

So happy for you! If I don't change my due date then we're due on the same day!

Congrats confuzion!!! I can't wait to hear what you are having!! Are you going to do a special reveal?

Great scan pic Christi!!

So sorry you are sick karen. Feel better soon!

I'm finally FINALLY getting to tell my parents this weekend. I haven't seen them since Christmas and it's both their bdays coming up so I bought them cards that say Happy Birthday Grandma/Grandpa. I wanted to wait to surprise them but I feel bad cuz a few friends know and my in laws know. And now even my boss knows and they still don't know. They're going to be so happy!! First grandchild on both sides so we'll have a spoiled LO on our hands.

Can't wait to hear how your parents react to the awesome news!

Confuzion, so sorry you are sick! But great news on your scan...

When I woke up this a.m. I felt so normal it freaked me out!! I'm not sure if it is due to less progesterone supplements or placenta taking over.. I immediately broke out the doppler and found the hb.. I swear if it wasn't for that thing I would go nuts!!

Fabulous news Confuzion! This is your rainbow!

I found the hb yesterday for the first time- took three different attempts over the course of the day but I finally got it! This will be our announcement pic...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 11
Confuzion - wonderful news!! :happydance: You definitely deserve your rainbow after 4 losses, and it looks like this one is sticking :flower: Good luck with your blood test results!

Carebear - good luck announcing to your parents! I'm sure they'll be ecstatic!
We've told our parents but nobody else, and I was originally planning on telling everyone after the NT scan (at which I'll be exactly 13 weeks). But now I'm starting to wonder if we should just start telling people now.

Bug - congrats for finding the hb! :happydance: And your announcement is super cute!! :flower:

Good morning ladies,

karenh, I'm sorry you're sick! Hope it goes away soon for you.

Thanks Christi, my back is feeling better so far today.

confuzion, congrats on your wonderful appointment!!! Baby measuring ahead is great and I'm excited to hear about the chromosome/gender results!!

carebear, that's a super cute way to tell your parents!! Our baby is the 1st grandbaby for both sides too. So yes, it will be super spoiled!!

wantabby, I have broke out my doppler the past couple days for peace of mind because I've had a few negative days. Yes, thank God for it because it gives me peace of mind!!

Bug, congrats on finding the hb!!! You may not find it everytime, sometimes it's tricky!! I absolutely love your announcement...adorable!!

AFM: I've felt pretty decent the past two days (knock on wood) besides my back hurting and so far I feel decent today. Maybe I'm getting lucky and my nausea is going to go away now?? I'm 10 weeks 4 days...so it's possible. That would be great!!! When are all of you going to "officially" announce it to the world? Technically the first trimester is the 1st 14 weeks even though you always hear and assume 12 weeks. My appointment is this next Thursday and I'll be 11 weeks 3 days and I am trying to decide if all looks great if we should just announce it then?? What are you ladies doing?

Maryanne - best of luck tomorrow and keep us posted! Is your hyperemesis still gone?

MrsR - I think the end of the first trimester is considered to be 13w6d, so 14 weeks is supposed to mark the beginning of the 2nd trimester. Then again, a lot of people consider the 12-week mark to be the one. Not sure which one is right, but they do say that the risk of miscarriage drops to less than 1% past week 12 (although, even week 8 with a hb still carries a very low risk, something like 2% or so), so really, I'd say announce when you feel emotionally ready. I'd always thought I'd announce around week 12-13, maybe after my NT scan, but after yesterday's scan, I'm seriously considering telling some of our closer friends and close family now. So far only our parents know, nobody else. My husband wants us to tell now. I haven't decided yet. That being said, I'm not personally big on Facebook announcements. I won't be posting a scan picture, and since a lot of my Facebook 'friends' are more acquaintances than real friends, I doubt I'll be saying anything on FB for quite a while. Maybe in a couple months I'll post a picture of mine with a bump, or something like that. For now, we'll be telling our friends and family in private, via phone or email. Or in person for those who we'll happen to see in the coming weeks. I am thinking about making a cute announcement e-card though and emailing it to everyone who we want to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->