September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Great news maryanne! So happy everything is ok :)

Chrissi - I haven't lost my appetite at all... in fact I can't seem to eat enough and I get nauseous when I'm hungry. Everyone is different. Go with what you want :)

Once I tell my mom tonight, she's going to tell everyone. She's got a big mouth... I'll probably announce it on facebook after my NT scan. Whenever that will be scheduled. I'm gonna guess after my March 10 appt.

My cm picked up again today... ugh. It worries me cuz I feel wet and I run to the bathroom to make sure it's not blood. I don't think I'll ever stop checking the TP every time I use the washroom.

Careabear - congrats for entering the rapsberry stage :thumbup:

Chrissi - I have days when I can't seem to eat enough and I'm hungry every two hours, and days when I'm nauseous and just keep my meals smaller. Haven't noticed a complete lack of appetite, but I've heard that before, especially women who experience a lot of MS.

Yazzy - At times I have bad bloating and trapped wind, but most of the time I actually feel 'normal'.

AFM - my doppler arrived. Got the Sonoline C1 with the 3mhz proble. I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed. The manual was in the worst English I've ever seen in an instruction manual (I bet it was translated by a non native speaker - nothing against that, English isn't my first language either, but you got to have a professional translation for a mass market product like this!). On top of that, it provides very little advice as to how to actually find the hb. I tried for about 15 mins, couldn't find it, and then I gave up, didn't want to overdo it. I do think I found my own hb at some point though, lol :haha: It was towards the left of my uterus, so pretty sure that was me, as it was slow for a fetus and every time I've had a scan baby's hb looked super fast. Baby is in a different spot every time I've had a scan, so I have no way of knowing where it is. If any of the ladies has any tips to share as to what to do to boost the chances of finding the baby (e.g. empty stomach or full stomach?/ empty or full bladder?/ lying on your back?) etc. please share. Today I tried soon after lunch and lying on my back. I was a little disappointed, as my intention was to use it no more than once/twice a week just for reassurance and to be on the safe side, so if I have to keep trying every day, that defeats the whole purpose for me. Plus I'm 10w4d, and that's exactly why I delayed getting the doppler until now - I wanted to be sure I'd be able to find the hb. Supposedly the 3mhz probe detects the hb as early as 8-9 weeks, so I had my hopes high. Frankly, it didn't feel that sensitive to me (and the manual says it's for over 12 weeks gestation, whatever). Ok, sorry about my whining :blush: I'm shutting up now :haha:

Love your announcement pic bug! Haha Iain is such a cutie!!

Maryanne - yay on a good scan! If your doc said the hb isn't slow enough to really warrant worry but just monitoring to be safe, I would feel good about making it past 10 weeks! Did he tell you what the hb was?

MrsGH - I'm sorry bed rest is so lonely! I can imagine! Love the bump and scan pic :cloud9:

Christi - I have the same concerns about the Doppler--not being able to find the hb and then using it too often so I've just decided I'm better off not getting one at all. At least I can live vicariously through the ladies here!

Babyfeva - yay for being due date buddies! I doubt the midwives will change mine even though the baby has measured so much farther ahead twice now. But I figure it doesn't matter, baby will come whenever they want anyway! And maybe it's better to have a later DD so that I'll have a little more cushion time before they pressure me to induce at the end!

So lovely to see that everyone is making it to the point of announcing and I'm still here! :haha:, can't believe it!

As far as announcing goes, my husband's parents know (because he was just too happy after the first scan not to tell his mom and I couldn't take that away from him after all the disappointment we've had). I've chosen not to tell my family yet. But now that baby is 11 weeks with a good hb and looking like a happy little wiggler, I think I will be comfortable enough to tell my parents and siblings after we get the results of the panorama back (still so afraid of chromosomal issues since they've caused at least 2 of my miscarriages).

I don't have a FB so I don't have to worry about that lol. But we won't be sharing the news with anyone outside of immediate family for a long time. Past 20 weeks at least. It's weird but I feel like the longer I keep the baby a secret the safer they are. I know that's dumb :dohh:.

Well, my mom cried. She and my dad are soooo happy!! My dad is celebrating now with some wine :haha: and then of course she did exactly what I knew she would. She texted everyone and anyone she knows... my phones been lighting up for hours now. It makes me a little nervous that something bad will happen now. I just can't stop her so I don't bother trying.

What was the HB Maryanne?

Don't freak Christi.. I knew how to use a doppler, as I worked at an OBGYN.. there was a u tube video posted on here some where. I find it best to lay flat and go about 1-2" above my pubic bone directly under my belly button and move it slow. Also make sure u have enough gel!

Don't freak Christi.. I knew how to use a doppler, as I worked at an OBGYN.. there was a u tube video posted on here some where. I find it best to lay flat and go about 1-2" above my pubic bone directly under my belly button and move it slow. Also make sure u have enough gel!

Thank you so much wantabby - your tips actually really helped :flower:. I realized I was going too low before.
So, I tried again this evening with DH and I'm almost positive I found it :thumbup: Almost in line with my pubic bone and a little to the right. At first I found it for all of 3-4 seconds, but the doppler quickly registered a 161-162 bpm. Then we lost it and it took another minute or two to find again, a little more to the right this time. LO must have moved, lol :haha:. The second time I got it for a good several seconds and the doppler went up to 145-148 bpm. Don't know why the hb would change in two minutes, but like other ladies have said, the actual rate displayed by these dopplers isn't to be trusted entirely, so I'm not going to worry about it. Then the baby must have moved again because we lost it again and I'm sure I didn't move the probe. So I'm now going to try it again in a few days since I don't need to keep trying. Found my own hb a few times in the process too :haha: Difference was that mine sounded much louder (aside from slower), whereas LO sounded as if it was coming from far away, but clearly much quicker.

Happy Valentine's evening everyone! Off to celebrate with hubby!

Yay Christi! ! I'm thrilled for you!! Have a great evening! !

My bean moves around too.. I will find it for a few seconds then it takes off...lol!

That's great Christi! I have had the best success lying flat just before I'm about to go to bed. Empty bladder (which is the opposite of what a lot of sites say at this stage).

That's great Christi! I have had the best success lying flat just before I'm about to go to bed. Empty bladder (which is the opposite of what a lot of sites say at this stage).

Interesting! The second time I tried I had a full-ish bladder and I was successful. First time - empty bladder, but then again, I wasn't doing it right, so not sure the bladder had anything to do with it. Funny how different things work for different people.

He said it was 133, they prefer it between 140-60 but anything over 120 isn't considered a huge worry. The fact he seemed positive has made me happy :)

Congrats on the reveals ladies! I can't wait to reveal now. Obviously going to wait a little longer due to the couple of issues we have had but hopefully after a couple more scans we will be able to share our news. Can't wait. Plus my little sticky out belly is becoming difficult to hide. People must wonder why I'm forever wearing baggy clothes now lol.

He said it was 133, they prefer it between 140-60 but anything over 120 isn't considered a huge worry. The fact he seemed positive has made me happy :)

Congrats on the reveals ladies! I can't wait to reveal now. Obviously going to wait a little longer due to the couple of issues we have had but hopefully after a couple more scans we will be able to share our news. Can't wait. Plus my little sticky out belly is becoming difficult to hide. People must wonder why I'm forever wearing baggy clothes now lol.

I thought 133 is fine for a hb :shrug:. I'm not a doctor, but anywhere I've read says 120-180 is what they want to see and that it's only considered slow if it's under 120. Good that you'll be monitored, but absolutely, nothing to be overly worried about :hugs: Plus I thought the hb can change through the day (just like adults' hb can).

I've always read that 120-80 was ok too. But didn't like to argue with him. I even googled it when I came home and most sites said that it was in normal range but a few sites did agree with what he said. Maybe he's just being cautious. Although he didn't seem too concerned so I'm really hoping it's a good thing. Refusing to even google it anymore cause I'm only gonna worry myself. Just going to look forward to the scan next week! :)

Hope everyone else is well today!

I was wondering Maryanne, because my bean stays in the 130- 140 when I check. . It has been 167.. so I think it varies from baby to baby. I go Tuesday to the doctor and I will see what she says the hb is that day and ask her what is normal/acceptable. .

I was wondering Maryanne, because my bean stays in the 130- 140 when I check. . It has been 167.. so I think it varies from baby to baby. I go Tuesday to the doctor and I will see what she says the hb is that day and ask her what is normal/acceptable. .

Your little ones heartbeat has been in the 130 range too? Well that makes me feel so much better. The few people that know I'm expecting have all been saying to me that their babies heartbeats were much higher. And I just keep thinking with my son his heartbeat was always in the 150-60s. With my angel daughter it was always slow, never above 140 and we lost her at 18 weeks. I know the doctors said the reason she passed was nothing to do with the heartbeat but it does play on your mind. As much as I'm trying not to worry and overthink things as the doctor wasn't super concerned it obviously does bother me. Be so glad when I can find it on the Doppler and check it myself. The week wait between scans is gonna be hard. Hopefully see a faster hb next scan. Just trying to stay happy that my jellybean is still there and ok.

I can't ever find it with a full bladder. Like ever. I tried once, because that's what I heard would help find it easier- ended up looking 10-15 minutes and never did hear it. I peed, and BAM there it was. Lol
This baby's heartbeat usually seems to be like 168-176 or so by doppler at home. But my very scientific method of measuring is to take 30 seconds of video on my phone and count, then multiply times two. So there's that!
For what it's worth, at our ultrasounds far it's been 136 at 6+6, 175 at 8+3, 185 at 8+5 (which the ER doc seemed to think was pretty excessive), 173 at 9+3, and 169 at 10+6.

The only thing I've read into it so far is that per the old wives' tale, this may be a girl baby- corroborated by peeing on some baking soda which did NOT fizz, fuzz, or bubble like a beer- lol. Anyone else try out any gender-related wives' tales yet? I've only just now been "comfortable" enough to try the baking soda. Interestingly, I did it with my angel baby as well and had a completely different reaction- it went crazy and bubbled like I had poured a big glass of root beer.

I tried baking soda and salt but it was too hard to tell what the outcome was.

Hmm, baking soda and salt? I don't think I've heard that one before but I'm always up for peeing on something new!

Maryanne, so happy to hear your appointment went well. I'm glad they'll be monitoring you closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->