September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Thanks ladies. I'm glad to know I'm not crazy!

Mrs.G
Sorry you're still having a rough time!!! It seems like your doctor isn't worried, which is a good sign. Just try to take it easy as much as possible.

Mrs.R
I understand your worry but I'm sure everything will be fine. I hope Thursday comes quickly enough for you, you're almost there!

Christi,
Yeast infections are awful! Hopefully it clears up for you and you can get an accurate prediction on your baby's gender. That's exciting!!!!!

Wantabby
Love the scan! What a beautiful bean! I'm glad it all went well.

AFM
Today was my last day on antibiotics for my UTI. I'm very strict about taking ALL your antibiotics and it makes me angry when people stop just because they felt better after two days. Well I'm a hypocrite... I couldn't stand another day of taking them and the massive amounts of other pills to try to keep them down. I decided to skip one dose on day 7 and see what my OB said at my appointment today. She said to just stop taking them. Phew! I'm so glad to be done with those. That means I just went from 11 pills a day to 6 and potentially 4!
Anyway, I mentioned that I had some cramping today but I thought it was normal, i just wanted her opinion. They said the baby was too young to try the Doppler (which I thought was odd) and because of my history she didn't want to take any chances so she ordered an emergency scan to get the heart rate. Yay! We got to see our little gummy bear wiggling around. The heart rate was 158bpm. She was very pleased and even said it was measuring much larger than they had down. They had my due date as 9/16. I had my due date charted as 9/13. She said it's actually measuring 9/11. :happydance: Even Better!!! She said my risk of miscarriage has now dropped down to 5%.
My husband mentioned doing the bloodwork to find the gender so we went ahead and had that done too. I admit, I'm a bit nervous because I'm not 100% sold that I want to know just yet. I think it's kind of magical finding out at the anatomy scan and watching your beautiful babe bounce around while you hear those words. I'm trying to think of a way to make it more memorable for us than just reading a lab report. I'm open for suggestions! :) I thought about having my husband read it while I'm getting my next scan but I'm not sure if I'll get another scan until the anatomy which kind of defeats the purpose. :dohh:

Attachments

• _20150217_210619.jpg
    _20150217_210619.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 6
Yay for another great scan! We're also doing the genetic/gender bloodwork and I worried if it would be uneventful or less special but I don't think so and seeing the gender on the scan for the first time, even if you know it, will be amazing! I bought a boy and girl onesie for us to swoon over once we get the call with the results and we will go to dinner so we do something to celebrate the gender. I'd love to hear any ideas you come up with.

Aww, beautiful scans Ambiguous and Wantabby!! :flower::flower:
Congrats to both on your excellent news!! :happydance:

I had forgotten you had a UTI Ambiguous - ugh! :wacko: But glad you're feeling better now and you were able to stop the antibiotics! :thumbup:

Oh, I forgot. . She did an unofficial NT scan and said she didn't think we had any reason to worry. She said if she saw anything alarming she would send me for another scan. I also asked about bd'ing because we have only dtd one time (poor hubby) she said to be easy and see what happened. My placenta is developed and she said it shouldn't be an issue.

Congrats on the scans to you both!!

I have a friend who did a special gender reveal. She got her husband to read the results only and then he did a special gender reveal for her and the family. She had no idea what the results were but her husband did. Sucks for the husband, it makes it not special for him but he did get to see her surprised.

I'm sorry about the additional bedrest MrsGH. Glad you are finding the hb tho!

I dreamt I found I was having a boy last night. I'm still getting very real dreams and last night the weirdest thing happened. Woke up and my whole leg was asleep. That's never happened before and I don't know if it's cuz I'm pregnant. It was the strangest feeling, not quite painful but different. Of course I had to pee so I was trying to walk it off. Almost fell down twice!

I don't post on here too much but love reading how everyone is doing :)

MrsGH sorry to hear you are on bed rest again. I hope everything settles down and stays that way.

Lovely scan pics ladies, great seeing them :)

Afm I don't have my booking appointment until next week, must get all my notes filled out for that. I still haven't braved getting a reassurance scan since my 6 week one, stressed me out so much I'm waiting for my 12 week scan.

Thanks ladies! I appreciate all of the kind words! Great scan AH!!

My nausea has hit an all time high today! Strange because I am so far! But today is by far my worst day!! I will take it if it means bean is healthy! I am just ready to be off of work and go lay down!

Yazzy - can't remember what happened on your 6 week scan that stressed you out so much, but hopefully this next scan will be perfect and will put your mind to rest :flower:

Carebear - All sorts of weird things happen with pregnancy. I wouldn't worry unless it keeps happening, then I'd mention it to a doctor to get their advice. I too have been having very vivid dreams (usually not baby related though) ever since the very early weeks.

Wantabby - sorry to hear about your nausea. Mine was at its worst on weeks 9&10. The day I turned 10 weeks I had literally 'all-day-sickness' (no vomiting though).

I've noticed that my symptoms have subsided a lot in the past few days. Of course I'm also 11+ weeks, so that shouldn't be as much of a concern at this point (though I do get concerned at times). My boobs are still big and heavy, but they haven't hurt in days. And I'm back to (mainly) light nausea that doesn't even come every day. Last time I had bad nausea was on Sunday breakfast, but that didn't last long. It's been mild or absent since, and it had been mild or absent for a couple days before that. One thing I've noticed though is that I've been peeing more nowadays (not necessarily more frequently, but when it hits, it feels more urgent and there's just a lot more quantity-wise), and there are nights when I have to get up twice :wacko: to use the bathroom. I used to only have to get up once, and not even every night. Also, I've been experiencing a lot of guilt, even for irrational stuff. For example, last night I was sleeping on my side and a little on my tummy. I woke up panicking that I was crushing the baby's head :wacko: Needless to say, I'm still worrying if the little one is doing ok. The doppler is great for peace of mind, but only temporarily. Then I go back to worrying again :wacko:

Christi oh my scan was brilliant, measured to my dates at 6+3 and heartbeat seen, had to have an early scan because of a previous ectopic. I think just because of my past mmc, I get so nervous leading up to going for any scans. I've been offered as many as I want but just haven't braved it!

Wantabby sorry to hear your nausea is bad, I was hoping to hear it would be a lot better by that stage. Hope you feel better soon :)

Christi oh my scan was brilliant, measured to my dates at 6+3 and heartbeat seen, had to have an early scan because of a previous ectopic. I think just because of my past mmc, I get so nervous leading up to going for any scans. I've been offered as many as I want but just haven't braved it!

Wantabby sorry to hear your nausea is bad, I was hoping to hear it would be a lot better by that stage. Hope you feel better soon :)

I see. I think all of us who have suffered losses can relate to that feeling. I'm always freaked out before a scan. My NT scan has been booked for the day after my 30th birthday of all days, so I'm afraid I will spend my birthday just freaking out about the day after instead of celebrating a new decade of my life :wacko:
GL for your next scan! I'm sure things will be fine! :flower:

Any reason they don't want to bring you in sooner? Or are they pretty confident it's normal?

Yep, that's the thought so far. They said if the blood should happen to increase considerably or become bright red to let them know, otherwise they feel its just twin debris.

Christi - my scan was on my birthday last week. I kept telling baby that he/she better not make it a bad birthday. It wasn't. I'm sure you will be fine and it will be the best birthday present!

Good luck with your appt today MrsR

Thank you Carebear :flower:
It's an important scan, but I really hope things will be fine.

MrsR - best of luck today! Update us when you can. Looking forward to hearing some good baby news!!

Good luck today ladies with appointments! Keep us posted!! Nausea is much better today, && since I am off my progesterone I have increased cm.. anyone else??

Good luck everyone with appointments today or coming up. Looking forward to reading all your updates! :)

Was at my doc office today. My HCG numbers at 7+2 and 7+4 were 95600 and 112900. I'm guessing so far along they aren't supposed to double (since she said those were good).
Also asked about sinus medication since my sinuses are stuffed... she told me no :( looks like I'll just be hanging my head over the humidifier!

Wantabby - I wasn't on progesterone but my cm comes and goes all the time. Some days I wear panty-liners it's so bad

Wantabby - glad you're feeling better today :thumbup:
I'm not feeling great today, after having 3 days where I felt fine and normal.
Lots of nausea and some dizziness :wacko:
I haven't come off the progesterone yet (I'm going to finish my current refill, and I have capsules to last me through Friday next week), so not sure what my body's reaction will be in regards to cm and in general when I stop. I've been having a lot of cm most days though.

Carebear - I had no beta blood tests done past week 4, so I've no idea what the numbers are supposed to be further along. But if your doc said they look good, that's great :thumbup: Yes, that is correct, they don't double at the same rate after they reach 2000 or something like that. They rise much slower. And they're actually supposed to start dropping some time towards the end of the 1st trimester and settle at lower levels around week 14-16 for the rest of the pregnancy. Which explains why most women start feeling better by the end of the first trimester/beginning of second. Sorry to hear about your sinuses! :wacko: Mine have also been stuffed on and off, but not too bad so far.

Anyone else doing an NT scan in the coming weeks? Mine is booked for 3/3, exactly at 13 weeks. I believe they'll also do a blood draw to test the Papp-A and free HCG hormones. I've declined to have the Panorama genetic testing though. Not covered and I'm not going to pay to have it done privately. Those of you who've done it - looking forward to hearing about your results (and of course baby gender :winkwink:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->