September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Hmm...it says girl for me, but like I said above, I've been told it's likely a boy. So we shall see.. :winkwink:

it says boy for me... but then I did it with my info from when I was pregnant with Iain and that said girl.. which he def isn't!

Congrats on your sweet baby girl, confuzion!

I tried that particular gender predictor and it says this baby is a boy....and that my 6 year old son is a girl. Lol

Scan tomorrow! In 13 hours actually, lol. I'll be 12+5. It's our 6th scan this pregnancy but it never gets old seeing our tiny human. I knooooowwww it's much too early but I would be lying if I said that I'm not going to analyze what we see anyway!

Congrats on team pink confuzion! And your prediction of a boy Christi! You ladies are making me so excited now about finding out if jellybean is team pink or blue. I've already been analysing our latest scan pics to try and guess. Tried the forehead theory and would try the nub theory but have no idea what I'm looking for on the pictures! Guess we will know in four weeks! Eeeek!

How's everyone's bumps looking? Mine has suddenly shot out. I mean over the last week it's suddenly very there! I love it but worried it's a bit early. Anyone else getting their bump yet?

Good luck with your scan Mrs g!

Thanks everyone!

Congrats on finding out the gender ladies, unfortunately I won't get to find out until my 20 week scan.

Finally got round to uploading my other scan pics.

First one is from 6w6d:

https://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/lols2601/47bbefec-8ae5-4cfa-8199-4146bd50f92d_zpsbhg50zb1.png

And this one from 9w2d:

https://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll195/lols2601/3f7340ac-cf78-4671-9f0b-6bc5e69e4510_zps3wjftkl7.jpg

Lovely pics lol.

Maryanne considering with my daughter I didn't show until 6 months and stayed in normal clothes the whole pregnancy, this time I already have a bump going on. Well a bloated bump as technically my uterus won't have popped up yet!

I feel so wiped out at the mo, tiredness has ramped up a level...anyone else exhausted?!

I'm always tired though I try to push through. On the weekend I had a 4 hour nap!
As for a bump... I definitely feel heavy and bloated and I can't wear any of my jeans but it's likely just bloat since I'm so early. Plus I had a bit of a belly to begin with :)

I tried the gender test. It says girl for me

I have def got some bloat and already feel huge, although I have actually lost nearly half a stone since I have been pregnant.

I'm predicted a boy. A little girl would be lovely as I have a little boy, but either is fine.

Maryanne - I have a little bump in my lower tummy and my uterus is definitely rounder/more protruded down there, however you can't tell with clothes that I'm pregnant. I still haven't needed to buy any maternity clothes, though I've stopped wearing all my tighter pre-pregnancy clothes and the more comfy ones now fit tighter, I've noticed.
They say it takes longer to show with first pregnancies and then you start showing earlier with subsequent ones. My Mom didn't start showing until she was 5 months along when she was pregnant to me (first pregnancy) and we have similar body types, so I wouldn't be surprised if I don't show yet for another month or two.

Mrs.G, keep us posted! Good luck today!!

Nice scans lol!!

Maryanne, my "bump" aka bloat comes and goes. It is generally much more prominent after I eat. I will take a pic n update. I have taken weekly pics and I'm due to take my 12 week (a little late..lol )

Thanks ladies. I guess Ive had a few pregnancies before so maybe that's why I'm showing sooner but it's just appeared out of nowhere and its shocked me. Ive had a little bloat bump for the last few weeks but now it looks really different. I love it though! Honestly never thought I'd get a bump again :) time to get oh to take the first bump pics I think :)

So! Baby measured 1-2 days ahead, good strong heart rate of 171. Moving like crazy, all over the place!
Baby and his/her sac are now squishing the twin sac, to the point where it's not all visible in one shot and measures significantly smaller than the healthy sac; in fact, the twin sac is smaller than baby is now!

I let them know I've been oozing brown blood for around 10 days, they said to expect that- then RELEASED ME FROM BED AND PELVIC REST! It's been a month, I hardly know what to do with myself. I will return to work with absolutely no restrictions next Tuesday. I am both nervous, and semi-excited for the social aspect of things.

We go back for yet another follow-up ultrasound (which I don't mind at all as I love every peek at this little one) in two weeks, when I will be 14+6. Then two weeks after that is a completely normal, healthy, business-as-usual prenatal visit. Yay!! It occurred to me just now that I'll be almost 17 weeks at that visit...AKA almost halfway done cooking! Time flies when you worry endlessly?? lol

Thirteen weeks tomorrow :) when are we calling the end of the first trimester....at or after 13 completed weeks?

Attachments

• 12w5d.jpg
    12w5d.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 9
Great news!!! I'm 13 weeks Saturday. Idk when to call it. Maybe we make our own rules

Great news and great scan Mrs. G! Congrats!! :happydance:

I've heard both week 13 and week 14 being considered the beginning of the second trimester. In Europe (where I am from) people tend to think it's week 13. Here in the US I'm hearing more week 14. So I guess whatever floats your boat :winkwink: I'll probably call it at 14 weeks, just to be 100% sure.

AFM: I had a bad (emotionally) day today. I'd been feeling very happy in the previous days, but today I woke up feeling negative. Naturally, I tried the doppler for some reassurance. And couldn't locate the hb to save my life :cry:. Or, I did, but only for a split second or so, and then it went away and I couldn't find it again. So then I put it away and tried again a couple hours later. I had better luck this time, but it was still just a couple seconds in the 140s-150s, and I really wanted a more consistent reading. So I put it away again, and tried YET again an hour or so later, because it was bugging me. This time I was able to get several seconds of a 140s-150s reading, and that was enough, but I thought I was hearing the baby through the cord or something, as it didn't sound exactly the way I remembered it - then again, I may be wrong. So I did some googling and found some very contradicting info - some people saying you may be picking up the placenta instead of the baby and the placenta has a rate that matches the baby's, so don't assume baby is ok because of that, while others disagreed and said placenta matches the mother's hb and anything over 120 is definitely the baby etc. etc. It was all confusing and upsetting and then I got mad at myself for giving in to the doppler for such a long time today (I must have used it for a total of half an hour between the three times I tried it). Chances are, baby is fine in there, but I'm still not 100% reassured. Which got me thinking, why am I even using the doppler if it doesn't make me feel better? I've no idea what I'll do going forward, but for now I'm toying with the idea of not touching it again...
Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting my NT scan on Tuesday (and feeling nervous as hell too about it), and hopefully all will be good then. At least I won't have to wait too long for the next scan after that, as I'm seeing my regular OB again on 3/12 (at 14w2d).

Mrs G, beautiful scan of baby. Congrats on no more bedrest or pelvic rest ;)

Christi, so sorry that you've been stressed. Being pregnant is a very stressful time. I love my doppler so I can't tell you to stop using yours but you should definitely do what you feel comfortable doing. Hopefully you get some reassurance on your NT scan on Tuesday.

AFM, I'm 13 weeks today, woohoo! Not sure if I'm in the first or second trimester either. Maybe I'll just say at 14 weeks to be sure. Does that mean I'll also be 4 months along?! Eek

Congrats on 13 weeks babyfeva!! :happydance:
Yes, I think you're 4 months along once you hit week 14. So almost there :winkwink:

I know, don't know what to do about the doppler. It hasn't reassured me as much as I was hoping, even when I can easily find the hb. This week has been challenging, as I've been very bloated (for some reason I was lucky to have avoided that before), so I feel like my bowels are in the way somehow, making it harder to locate hb. I do find it, but not without maneuvering for a few minutes, which then makes me nervous because I don't want to give the baby too much ultrasonic exposure. Oh well...I'll see how I feel next time I am tempted to use the doppler. I can't wait until I start feeling the baby move around week 20. Then it will be much easier to monitor, plus the baby will be big enough for me to be able to replace the doppler with an old fashioned fetoscope for hb monitoring :winkwink:
I swear those first weeks when baby is still so small are the worst :wacko:

Congrats mrs g!

Congrats on 13 weeks babyfeva!

Sorry you are feeling down Christi. I've left my doppler alone for now too. Still can't find the heartbeat, neither can my gp or midwife but my weekly scans are ressuring me baby is ok. First tri is such a scary time. Least we are almost all out of it now!

Congrats on the scan MrsGH! So lucky you get another peek :) that's great! And congrats on getting off bedrest!!

Christi - sorry you were so down. I get that way all the time. In some ways I think I'd like the doppler to check but I'm glad I don't have one or I'd drive myself crazy if I couldn't find it. Glad you will get some reassurance Tuesday :flower:

Congrats on 13 weeks babyfeva!

I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow. Eek!! :happydance: I have my days where I get down too. And then I get nauseous or a headache and then I figure it must be going ok. FX!!

Not sure when the first tri ends. I would say 14 weeks I guess too :) ugh. Still a month away for me... grumble...grumble...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->