September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Hello ladies,

Cutie, I think that's so fun you had a dream I was having a boy!! I'm looking forward to hearing how your anatomy scan goes on the 31st and so glad your appointment went well and baby is doing good.

AmbiguousHope, I love what you did for your husband!!

Bug and Carebear, I'm glad we have to wait together to find out what we're having!!

Yazzy, I don't know how you can wait!! LOL!!

Chrissi, I started to feel practically normal at about 10 1/2 weeks. So you may just be getting there or it may come back like some of the other ladies have said.

Maryanne, I'm so sorry your partner was in an accident!! So glad to hear he's on the mend. Congrats on 13 weeks by the way!!

For the past few days or so, I have been getting headaches starting early evening and then getting a bit worse as it gets later. I actually took some Tylenol last night, but it didn't do a thing. I'm sitting here with one starting up again. Ugh!!! Maybe it's a mixture of my hormones and I am on a computer all day. Who knows. Any one else getting headaches??

Headaches! Points to boy do say the wives tales. I had them horribly. The only thing that helped me were essential oils.

I remember you had them Cutie...yeah they've been pretty consistant the past few nights. Mine are later than you had yours, but maybe your baby boy dream was right!!??

I've been getting headaches. Not every night though. On and off. Maybe one per week. I take tylenol and that seems to work for me. I hate having to take something but I know if I don't it won't go away. I'm sorry it doesn't work for you :(

Congrats on the great appointment cutie!

So sorry to hear about ur hubby maryanne! Glad he's ok!

6 more days till my "first" prenatal appt... ugh.. so impatient for it.

Hello everyone,

Just back from a marathon NT scan, but so excited!! It couldn't have gone better :happydance:

Where do I start? They were able to see and measure everything, and everything looked/measured perfect: organs, blood flow, heart rate (160bpm), extremities, all looked good. The NT measurement was in the right range, nasal bone was formed, and in general, based on the scan, we saw a really healthy baby :happydance:
They even gave us some great 3D pics which I will scan and upload as soon as I can.

What made me really happy was that the doc said that, even if the blood test for the Papp-A comes back not looking great, he will still not be too concerned about this baby having Down syndrome or other abnormality, since the scan was so perfect (he called it 'textbook scan') and they were able to get really good views of everything :thumbup:
Another thing that made me happy was that, for the first time, baby was measuring ahead by 3-4 days :happydance: But the doc said they don't change your due date unless the difference is more than 6 days. So I'm keeping my original due date for now.

And last but not least, I am officially team blue!! :happydance: We are having a baby boy (so my acupuncturist was totally right!) and it's 100% confirmed since we saw the evidence very clearly :happydance:

So DH and I will be announcing soon with our e-card. No point waiting for the blood results since the doctor was so encouraging today about our healthy little baby boy. So happy!! :happydance::happydance:

Congrats cutie on a great scan as well! :happydance: and babyfeva on your baby girl :happydance:

Yay!!! Congrats Christi!!! That's great you had such a good appointment and congrats on team blue!!

Congrats Christi! Another boy in the bunch. I'm glad everything went so well!!!

Congrats Christi! Didn't realize they could be so sure of gender from a scan at 13 weeks that's pretty cool!

Congrats everyone on your boys and girls and great appointments! haha I knew 10 minutes ago exactly who I was congratulating for what but then work happened.
It's amazing how much easier it is to get caught up when I'm literally just sitting here in front of a computer screen (as long as nothing is happening!) without the options of television and napping!

First night back at work. Wasn't thrilled about it as I woke up this morning with actual blood on my "just in case" pad- I usually only have blood on the TP when I wipe, it typically never makes it to the pad. Soooo used the doppler three times before work. So far so good, same old 160-172 I'm used to.

If I get a moment and someone else to watch my patient, I will probably sneak into the equipment room and go at it with the ultrasound machine- not that I am even remotely trained in obstetrical ultrasound (or any ultrasound techniques in fact, lol) I DO know which probe to use and where to put it :winkwink: I just want to see the little wiggles and all important heart flutter!

Congrats Christi! Didn't realize they could be so sure of gender from a scan at 13 weeks that's pretty cool!

I know! I didn't know either :winkwink: Apparently they can't always tell this early on, and the tech told us when we started that she would be able to give us an indication of the gender based on the baby's structure with a good (but not absolute) percentage of accuracy. She said genitals aren't always visible this early on, and I imagine girls must be trickier. But then, as the scan was moving along, the penis was clearly visible on multiple takes she did, so we were able to confirm the gender without a doubt :thumbup:

Congrats on the baby penis, Christi!! So cool that you could see so soon :)

Christi, so happy your appointment went so well. Congrats on a baby boy! So exciting!

Christi congrats on team blue!! So pleased for you! I can't wait to find out in three weeks. I have a scan next Tuesday so hoping I may get a inkling of the gender at that appointment.

Thanks mrs r! Can hardly believe im 13 weeks! I'm really starting to think this may be my rainbow :) I won't stop worrying till I'm past 18 weeks, that's when I lost my angel daughter but it's getting so close now!

Any other ladies suffering with being a tad over emotional yet? All I seem to do lately is cry. If I'm happy, if im sad and just over nothing at all sometimes. Went to visit oh in hospital yesterday and as I walked through the ward door I just burst into tears. He asked me what was wrong and I didn't even know :/ bloody hormones. He found it hilarious but I dont. I never cry. But now I'm a teary mess most of the day lol.

Hope everyone is doing well?! Some days I seem fine then others I worry so much, I make myself cross.

I have had my dating scan come through for in 2 weeks, seems forever away!! I'm away with work next week though so hoping it flies by!

I am just curious, those of you that know the gender, what was your average heart rate for baby? I'm just wondering if there is any truth in the rate/gender debate? I'm almost hoping there is not as mine bean always seems around the 140-145 mark, which would suggest a little boy, and I would really love a little girl. Obviously as long as it is healthy I am happy either way, it would just be nice to have one of each.

Maryanne, I've been crying a bit more but kinda like your oh I find it hilarious. Mid cry I'm always like what am I doing?!

Lol2811, mine with a boy waa in the 150s yesterday

Haha so glad it's not just me!

Lol I can't say I personally believe in that. With my son his heart rate was always high, above 150 and with my angel daughter the heartbeat was always below 140. Not saying the theory isn't true, just didn't work out for me.

Good morning ladies,

Carebear, yeah I hate taking Tylenol too, even though its supposedly safe. Hope the time flies until your appointment!! I have 15 days!! Ugh!!

Christi, I'm so happy your NT scan went so well and congrats on having a baby boy!!! I think it's amazing you could see the penis at 13 weeks!! LOL!!

Mrsgoodhart, I'm sorry you are still having some bleeding. Hope that stops soon for you, but glad your baby is doing good in there. Congrats on getting back to work too!!

lol, I have days where I'm a huge worry wart. It's horrible!!

Maryanne, I'm an emotional person as it is and now that I'm pregnant I'm a mess!! I can cry in a heartbeat!! I hate to ask, because you've probably said it already, but I can't remember...what caused you to lose your baby at 18 weeks? I've been so terrified of having a later loss.

AFM: I'm getting a cold. :cry:

Lol - my baby's heart rate at yesterday's scan was 160 and I'm having a boy. But I was slightly dehydrated, so it could have been faster because of that. Also, baby was active during most of the scan. When I do the doppler at home (which, granted, isn't the most accurate tool to measure heart rate) it's usually in the 150s nowadays, sometimes even in the high 140s. I've heard the theory but I'm not sure it's 100% accurate. A friend of mine has a boy and is now pregnant to a girl, and both babies' heart rates were very similar.

Maryanne - I'm not so much emotional (though I am that too, on occasion), but I've noticed I've become more irritable in recent weeks :wacko:

MrsG - sorry you're still bleeding. It must be unnerving :nope: At least baby is doing great and your doctors have said it's normal after the lost twin. Hope it stops soon and you're able to enjoy your pregnancy more! :hugs:

MrsR - sorry about your cold. Hope you feel better soon :flower:

B
Good morning ladies,

Carebear, yeah I hate taking Tylenol too, even though its supposedly safe. Hope the time flies until your appointment!! I have 15 days!! Ugh!!

Christi, I'm so happy your NT scan went so well and congrats on having a baby boy!!! I think it's amazing you could see the penis at 13 weeks!! LOL!!

Mrsgoodhart, I'm sorry you are still having some bleeding. Hope that stops soon for you, but glad your baby is doing good in there. Congrats on getting back to work too!!

lol, I have days where I'm a huge worry wart. It's horrible!!

Maryanne, I'm an emotional person as it is and now that I'm pregnant I'm a mess!! I can cry in a heartbeat!! I hate to ask, because you've probably said it already, but I can't remember...what caused you to lose your baby at 18 weeks? I've been so terrified of having a later loss.

AFM: I'm getting a cold. :cry:

No I don't mind anyone asking. We have never had a clear answer to be honest. She measured small in every scan and her heart rate was always in the lower range. Then at 18 weeks I fell ill with a virus, and was covered in a nasty rash. Doctors say now that it possibly could have been German measles. Anyway a few days later my waters broke and there was nothing they could do. I do worry about it happening again but I know the chances of that are incredibly slim. And I wouldn't worry about it at all hun if I were you. Your little one is perfectly fine im sure of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->