September Sweet Peas (Our 2015 Rainbows)

Congrats yazzy!

Glad your appt went well Christi!

babyfeva, if it makes you feel better I'm 14w3d and I'm still down about a 1/2 pound from what I was when I started!! I lost almost 5lbs in the first couple weeks from stress of miscarrying again. Then I gained all but about 1/2 a pound back and I haven't gained any more. I feel like a walking flotation device too!! I feel like I've gained 50lbs. I've been eating a lot better too. Weeks 7-13 I felt pukey most of the time, so just had to eat small meals every couple hours. But now I'm eating a lot better but still get full quicker than I did prior to pregnancy, so my portions aren't as big. So don't let the weight part worry you. It's ok! A friend of mine lost 10lbs in her first trimester and is still down about 4lbs and due here in the next week or so!! So she lost 4lbs during her whole pregnancy and her baby is measuring big!!:thumbup:

Thank you ladies!

Babyfeva - I've had the yeast infection for weeks, almost since the beginning of this pregnancy. It gets better sometimes, then symptoms come back. I've been treating it with herbs so far, but my acupuncturist only stepped those up after I hit week 12 (I was on really mild anti-fungal herbs before that), so I've only been taking them for 2 weeks or so. While there's no direct risk for the baby, it'd better be treated to avoid the risk of it turning into a UTI or causing poor baby a thrush at birth (if delivered vaginally). My OB also had urine sent out to rule out a UTI, at my request. Though I don't have any visible UTI symptoms, I just wanted to be sure I'm in the clear.

I went and picked up the prescription. It's for fluconazole (brand name is Diflucan) 150mg, single-dose. So I'm only supposed to take it once and then it's supposed to work over several days. I did some research online and it's classified as class C for pregnancy if used as a single dose to treat a vaginal yeast infection, no evidence of harm to the baby. It's class D if used over a prolonged period of time in high doses of more than 400mg/day (risk of birth defects), but this info also only concerns first trimester pregnancies. So it's not my case - I'm only supposed to take this one 150mg pill and I'm in the second trimester. Still though, I'm not 100% comfortable taking it. I may keep taking my herbal treatment for another couple of weeks and take this pill if things are still not better by then. By that time, I will also be comfortably in the second trimester, as opposed to right now.

Re weight gain: babyfeva, the perinatologist I saw for my NT scan told me that they've exaggerated the amount of recommended weight gain of 25-30lbs. throughout the pregnancy, and that even losing a couple lbs. during the first trimester is very normal. I had gained 2lbs. on week 8, but then lost 1.5 of that by week 10. I was concerned, but all was good. Then they weighed me on week 13 at the NT scan, and I had put 1.5lb. back on. Today at 14 weeks I weighed a little over 2lbs. compared to my weight when I started the pregnancy. I think small fluctuations are normal, until our babies start putting on serious weight later on, which will cause us to pack on the weight as well :winkwink:

As the others have said I wouldn't worry about weight gain or loss this early on. It's very common for people to lose weight in first tri.
I don't know what I weighed pre pregnancy but I've definitely put on a few pounds already but I'm still lighter than I was when I fell pregnant with my daughter 3 years ago.

I've unfortunately gained 10 lbs this first tri but I did have a broken foot and was couch/bed-ridden and couldn't get any exercise. I'm hoping to maintain this weight for awhile now since baby can replace the fat I need to lose. I'm definitely eating better and more active now that I'm in physiotherapy.

Yeah, weight gain varies so much between women during pregnancy. Some gain a lot and others don't gain any. It also depends on what you weighed to begin. Plus everyone has different body types as well.

Question for you ladies that already have had a baby. What did pregnancy and/or breast feeding do to your boobs? I'm just curious as I already have large D-DD breasts and I am not trying to be shallow, but I'm a bit worried. They've never been extremely perky due to them being large, but I'm just curious if this will absolutely distroy them. LOL!! I'm going to breast feed regardless because it's important to me. But just wanted to hear your personal experiences if you don't mind me asking. :thumbup:

Mrs Reineke I think it's the process of pregnancy that changed your boobs rather than breastfeeding.
I breastfed my daughter for 17 months, I have to admit when I stopped they did look a bit deflated lol but they soon went back to normal. They were a bit smaller but I dropped so much weight after having my little girl, I ate loads but was only 8 1/2 stone. As soon as I got pregnant this time my boobs grew a size overnight lol!

I agree with yazzy. Unfortunately Its pregnancy that changes your boobs. I've always been smaller chested but my breasts grew pretty large in my sons pregnancy and now they look a bit ummmm deflated. Think when you blow a ballon up and then let the air out again. The balloon doesn't look the same lol. I can't say it bothers me though. Just like my stretch marks, I earnt my saggy boobs and tiger stripes by making an awesome little human :)

Congrats yazzy on the awesome appointment.

Lovely scans ladies!

Mrs.R I breastfed my son for 16 months. The goal was a year but DH convinced me to go until our son decided. Anyway, I'm usually a very small B cup. During breastfeeding i became a small C. Once my milk dried up I became a B again. I don't really notice much of a difference but I'm a bad example because I was unfortunately never gifted in that area to begin with. You did give me an idea and this goes to everyone...

Anyone who's interested in breastfeeding and would like to join an extremely helpful Facebook group I'm in, please let me know. It is nice to join now so you can get some ideas on what to expect. You can also ask non breastfeeding related questions (nbfr) such as pregnancy or motherhood in general. Everyone is very eager to help.

Mrs R- they def got bigger during pregnancy and breast feeding but pretty much went right back after. A few light stretch marks on the sides.

Thank you ladies for telling me your boob stories!!! Hahahaha!!!:haha: I hope none of think I'm being shallow by asking, but as a women we all know we want to feel comfortable with ourselves. :thumbup: So I've had a great Friday the 13th today. My boss came into my office today and I got a promotion!! I'm absolutely thrilled!! I've been working really hard and it's paying off. She also told me not to stress about taking time off with baby because that's important. I'm thankful I have an amazing manager and she and her husband had to do IVF because they couldn't get pregnant, so she completely understands me. I'm very blessed. Made my day. :happydance:

Thank you ladies!! Yay, it was not super expected. So it was nice to get the compliment. Anyone else still think they feel baby flutters in their belly every now and then? I swear I am...but like I mentioned, maybe it's stuff my belly always does when it's digesting or something and I'm thinking it's baby. LOL!!

Congrats!

Lbs wise I feel the same, belly bump wise ... I'm feeling it! I went shopping today for a few more cute tops and the belly is becoming less and less easy to cover. I was looking for a coverage top because I'm going to a bar with my friend and didn't want to be the pregnant girl in the bar. I was always anxious to see how I'd like a bump or if I'd look/feel weird, but I'm loving it!!

Hi ladies,

Mind if I join you? I just had my first ultrasound today and have been given the EDD of September 7th. We have a 7 month old daughter, Ava, and it took 6 years and fertility drugs to conceive her and this one was a total surprise. We were shocked but happy :D

Congrats MrsR!!! What great news!! :happydance: Also, even though I haven't been feeling any flutters yet, the way you describe them and the way I've read other people describe them, I have no doubt it's your little one :winkwink: Consider yourself very lucky that you can feel him/her this early on :thumbup:

Welcome to the group tooth_fairy! :flower: Congrats on your pregnancy! I've heard stories like yours many times: trouble conceiving, doing fertility treatment and then a surprise second baby! :thumbup:

Ambiguous - I'd be happy to join the facebook group. I really want to breastfeed the little man exclusively for at least the first 6 months, and see how it goes from there. Since I'm self employed (working from home) and have a flexible schedule, I should be able to do it with the right information and support :flower:

AFM: I had a great Friday the 13th as well! Got a call from my OB with the combined risk assessment results (NT scan + HcG + Papp-A) and they gave me 1 in 22,000 for Down Syndrome and less than 1 in 100,000 for trisomy-18. Woot!! :happydance: Of course there are more blood tests to be done in 2-3 weeks to complete the assessment, but from what I'm reading, if the first results are good, the second ones rarely affect the outcome. So I'm really happy! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->