Severe Hip Pain

aladrian

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I'm still a week away from my third trimester, but thought it might be more appropriate to ask some of you that are farther along.

When I sleep at night I wake up with excruciating pain in my hips. Nothing I've tried (Dr ok'd painkillers, rolling over to my other side, using lots of pillows to stack everywhere, even sleeping upright on the couch) seems to help.

The pain will even linger after I get up & sometimes affects my ability to walk. My lower back hurts too, but the hip pain is so severe that it negates any lower bach aches for me.

Have any of you experienced this? If so have you found anything to help relieve the pain?

im the same, by the end of the day i have to crawl up the stairs im in so much pain. My OH has to help me get dressed and even use the toilet sometimes...

Absolutley no idea what to do about it, painkillers dont work for me! its got alot worse in the last few days. Its agony driving my car to work now.

hoping it will pass soon!

Hope yours doesnt get too bad, id go back to the docs if it gets any worse.

I have a Dr's appointment this afternoon to check on it, hopefully they won't tell me there's nothing they can do.

Glad to know I'm not the only one, but sorry you're experiencing this as well.

I had this for a while until midwife suggested that I try sleeping with a pillow between my legs. Tried it and it worked a treat. Still using it but in few days (am now 39+3) has started again for some reason.

try swinging your arms when you walk - it will help lock your hips in place and does wonders to remove the sharp shooting pain - you look silly, but it works on mine like a charm!

Thanks Bekkie I'll give that a try...so far I think that's one that I haven't tried.

NP - I read it somewhere online a few weeks ago when it was hurting so bad I couldn't walk to the washroom... started swinging my arms and poof - pain was almost completely gone. hope it works for you!

I'm another victim of hip pain. It's horrid isn't it?

I've been taking regular paracetamol and the odd stronger painkiller at night, pillows, hot water bottles and now have a body-sized tubigrip to help from teh midwife. I can't have a fembrace as i had bad bleeding in my first tri. I suspect mine is here to stay till baby is born, but don't lose hope and it'll all be worth it in the end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->