Share your recipes

makemeamammy

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I don't know if this has been done before and sorry if I'm copying a thread that's already out there but I thought it would be a good idea to share some of your recipes that your LO loves!

I don't know about you guys but sometimes I just go completely blank when trying to think of tasty, home cooked healthy meals that baby can have too other than the usual bolognaise, cottage pie, pasta. So please feel free to add recipes for whatever your LO loves to eat that the rest of your family can eat too! I'll start off with one...

Fruity pork tagine (can easily be casserole instead of tagine)

Diced pork
Sweet potato
Butternut squash
Leek
Carrot
Apricots and/or peaches, mango...whatever!
(Any other veg I have to use up)
Baby stock cube (veg or chicken)
Dried herbs
Flour

1. Add any herbs to some flour in a bowl (I use oregano, basil and mixed herbs)
2. Toss the pork in the flour mix and throw into the tagine/casserole pot
3. Tip in all your veggies and fruit
4. Pour over 500ml of baby stock and cook in oven for 1-2hrs (as long as possible without turning it to charcoal)

I purée the meat for LO and give her the veggies as they are. We eat it too and it's lovely...ok I'm no Nigella but it's a good way of using up veg and fruit that might be past it's best!

Anyone else? Xx

I haven't started weaning yet but I'm hoping this thread takes off so I can stalk!

I made some cheese sauce for Myles and he loved it. Was just cheese, milk, gluten free flour *I am coalic so had some*. Loves with his spuds. Hes only starting out so I need more ideas.

I made some cheese sauce for Myles and he loved it. Was just cheese, milk, gluten free flour *I am coalic so had some*. Loves with his spuds. Hes only starting out so I need more ideas.

Cheese sauce was a hit here too. I used it to make a baby fish pie with cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and salmon and then mashed potato on top. She loves it but she's quite constipated at the moment so I'm trying not to give her too much cheese incase it blocks her up.

Anyone else? I need more ideas too! Xx

I worry about the salt in the cheese though. I dont use butter, for now as I dont have unsalted. Its pilgrims choice cheese mature cheddar.

I worry about the salt in the cheese though. I dont use butter, for now as I dont have unsalted. Its pilgrims choice cheese mature cheddar.

I hadn't thought about that but I'm sure for the amount they have it'll be ok. They're allowed up to 1g per day and lots of the weaning recipes include cheese so I'm sure it's fine :) x

Dylan loves a mini Spanish omelette with diced up peeled tomatoes, sweet potato and peas :)

I make a tomato sauce which I use in various dishes like caseroles and bolenagse.

I use 5 tomatoes, 1 whole red pepper, 1 small carrot, half of 1 onion, a sprinkling of thyme and 1tin of tomatoes.

I chop the fresh tomatoes and pepper and cook on high heat stiring for around five mins. Then add the chopped onion and carrot and continue on high heat for a couple of mins. I then add the tinned tomatoes and thyme and reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-30mins. I then puree the mixture to a rough texture for our food and then take some out and puree futher for ds.
He absolutely LOVES it!!!!

Of course my ds is much younger hence pureeing so much but could leave slightly chunky for older babies or mix in with pasta or in caserole like I do for us grown ups :winkwink:

I make a couple of soups which I guess would be fine for babies...?

Leek & potato:

1 large leek
1 onion
2 small to medium potatoes

Peel and chop potatoes into cubes. Peel and dice onion. Chop and wash leek.

Sweat veg in in a little butter for 10 mins

I then add stock but you'd have to watch the salt - could make your own or use water with some herbs?

Simmer for 15 mins. Add a dash of cow's milk towards the end.

Blend!

Spicy bean soup:

1 tin kidney beans
1 onion
1 tin chopped toms
Chilli (to whatever your taste is)
1 spoon lazy garlic or 1-2 cloves fresh garlic.

Fry the garlic and onion until soft.

Tip in toms and (drained/washed) kidney beans. Add as much chilli as desired.

Heat through. Blend!

I make a couple of soups which I guess would be fine for babies...?

Leek & potato:

1 large leek
1 onion
2 small to medium potatoes

Peel and chop potatoes into cubes. Peel and dice onion. Chop and wash leek.

Sweat veg in in a little butter for 10 mins

I then add stock but you'd have to watch the salt - could make your own or use water with some herbs?

Simmer for 15 mins. Add a dash of cow's milk towards the end.

Blend!

Spicy bean soup:

1 tin kidney beans
1 onion
1 tin chopped toms
Chilli (to whatever your taste is)
1 spoon lazy garlic or 1-2 cloves fresh garlic.

Fry the garlic and onion until soft.

Tip in toms and (drained/washed) kidney beans. Add as much chilli as desired.

Heat through. Blend!

Sounds lovely! You know you can get baby stock cubes? You get them in Boots x

Loving the recipes so far! I'm definitelygoing to try the tomato sauce and the leek and potato soup! I gave my LO omelette for the first time yesterday, she wasn't overly convinced but will def try again with sweet potato as that's always a hit! Great ideas, keep them coming! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->