Shes our daughter and we'll name her what we like!!

Lenny

stepmam and mammy :)
Reaction score
Our daughter will be called Thio Grace Roberts and no its a bit strange but i love it and OH loves it, i wasnt expecting everybody to love it but i was expecting everybody to be respectful of the fact that this is our decision and thats that.

But so far ive told me mam who said we cant name her that its horrible and when i told her we've already decided she turned round and said well i hope u change ure mind and walked away. OH dad said it was a horrible name and hopes we realize he will not be callin her that he said he will think up a nickname to call her, excuse me but Thio is our daughters name and he will call her by her name!!! ive heard that she will be bullied at school ive heard that all ppl will think about is the chipmunks and apparently all anybody will think about is some footballer that plays for arsenal.

The way ppl are reacting ud think id named her bluebell madonna or something i love her name so much but ppl are making me feel bad i dont want to change it i just wish ppl wud respect my choice its not THAT bad surly :(

Sorry for the long rant guys

Hugs Hun.
Hopefully they'll come round. When we told mil our name, she just says..."well I'll be calling her rose". She hated the name, now she just calls her willow like the rest of us.

Stik with what you want, it'll all change when she's here.

And if you're anything like me, you won't announce th name of number two until its here! Then they can't complain.
X

Hugs!

Just wait until she's born and Thio Grace becomes the name that belongs to that special little person, instead of just a name. They will grow to love that name because it will be attached to the darling little girl they love with their whole heart.

Thanks guy i think ure right :)

Hi Lenny,

I've had exactly the same! When people have kids of their own they can call them their own crap names, and those with kids have had their opportunity! It's your baby so that is that. End of!

How do you say Thio by the way?

Is it Tee-oh .... Or Thee- oh

There is a little call at my nephews school called Tio and she is so cute! Lovely name :) x

I never reveal the name until baby is out and already named so people and the negative comments are less.Still got a few our daughter's name is Alva people kept saying why not Ava or Eva because we like Alva was all the answer they got. Everyone is dying to know new baby's name but I say I haven't picked it yet when I have of course.
It's your baby name her what you like.

Aw its horrible when people act this way hun, Do you pronounce it 'Thigh-O'? Good on your for sticking up to them. My friend had the same problem she wanted name her daughter Theo but everyone said it was a boys name and would get bullied ect and then she went off it and called her Thea. big hugs x

yeah its Theo i just liked the spelling of Thio might change it bak thou if its confusing ppl lol yeah everybody says its a boys name but i think it would suit a girl just the same!!

I love the name and I would just ingore other people and if they can't call her by her name then they don't need to be involved. We named our youngest Gabriel and my dad hated it. But he has gotten over it for the most part. Every once in a while he calls him Gabbie but I think he now see how the name fits him. Enjoy the rest of your pregnacy.

Hiya how about for a girl;
Andie
Brooke
Chloe
Courtney
Cianne
Farrah
Shana
Fable
Abney
Jasmine
Tilly
xx

ETA: Woops sorry posted this wrong thread! x

I personally love it, like I said in your other thread.

People have their opinions, dear. Many think and like for a girl's name to be girly and feminine. But a name shouldn't be judged.

You name her Theo and in time, your family and friends will grow into it.

My friend is having a baby girl, due very soon. She will be naming her Charlie. I don't hear people making a commotion about Charlie for a girl? I don't why they must get so astonished and flabbergasted over Thio (or Theo)? Gosh, people, lol.

And what I found funny from your other thread was that some people were giving you other names for your baby and you had never even asked for it.

Don't worry about child bully. It's something you never know will happen so why hesitate on it? A kid with any name can be bullied for something. But this shouldn't be a major factor in your naming her.

Hugs, dear. Theo is a catchy and unique name for her, really cute :)

Heya, i can totally understand this. Iveknown i was pregnant since i was about 4/5 weeks so we got thinking of names relatively quick.
For a girl we had Elena and Ashling.
For a boy we had Eoghan and logan.

We got so much stick for eoghan(owen) tht it gt to the point where i didnt want to deal with it anymore that we struck it off the list. As it happens, were having a little girl, elena, but if we later have a boy itl b Logan david...and if theres another after eoghan may make an appearence.
I got told that a boy called eoghan would get bullied and teased, that hed spend his whole life explaining to people how to pronounce and spell his name. Well...my surname is hennessey, im 23 this week and still have to spell my name every time im asked for it. I used to get chicken and hen jokes in school....so knowing this y didnt my parents change my/their surname? Cos it doesnt matter and bcos its not what they wanted.

Your family should be respecting your choices, like op's have said, this is your baby, people can suggest how to treat/raise your child but certainly not tell you how to or undermine your decisions by doing it their way/calling them something different. When i babysit my cousins little one i always check their routine and discipline rules...id never dream of going "ok your mine until mummys back and were going to do things differently"

Id personally just say to try and ignore them and when you talk about the baby, refer to them by the name youve chosen rather than "the baby" and theyl soon come round im sure. And once shes born theyl b too busy coo-ing to realise theyre calling her thio :) xx

Gorgeous name!
I had the same problem with my daughters name, but I ignored all the negative comments and still named her what I wanted. Now everyone says her name suits her and they couldn't imagine anything else being right for her.

yeah its Theo i just liked the spelling of Thio might change it bak thou if its confusing ppl lol yeah everybody says its a boys name but i think it would suit a girl just the same!!

Ahh i see, That's actually quite a nice way to spell it for a girl hun looks that little bit more feminine aswell which is a bonus. At the end of the day, If you and OH like it that is all that matters if the name sounds perfect to you both then i think you have found the right one, everyone else will come around :)) xx

Thank you guys iam still getting stick off everybody but we are coping well. i dont understand that like how everybody says Thio is a boys name yet nobody complains when ppl name there girls Charlie its the same thing. In my small town ive never met a boy or a girl called Thio so its not like she'll be in a classroom full of boys named Thio or anything.

If our baby is a boy we're calling it Thor, so imagine the stick we'll get for that! :p

Everyone likes different names though, our 3 yr old is called Finlay (Fin usually) and although it's fairly common a few people still thought it was a strange choice!

It's so rude to insult a kid's name!

x x x

P.S. I actually think Thio is such a lovely name, if we weren't set on our girls name I would have been very tempted to steal it! :thumbup:

x x x

If our baby is a boy we're calling it Thor, so imagine the stick we'll get for that! :p

Everyone likes different names though, our 3 yr old is called Finlay (Fin usually) and although it's fairly common a few people still thought it was a strange choice!

It's so rude to insult a kid's name!

x x x

I LOVE the name Thor! :thumbup: And it's one of the boy's names on my list :winkwink:

Thio is a lovely name! Dont change it..
Its your baby no one else has the right to say its horrible.

I'm sorry people do not like your choice of name. Hopefully, once baby comes and they hold her in their arms the name won't make any difference. You can name your child any name you want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->