Shit shit shit. [update pg 20]

It's really my mom more than anything. It's always been that way but it's only just now upsetting me because she's my daughter, not my mother's.
I don't know why my mom is the way she is, but I've never known her to be any other way.
And they say they're doing it to protect me in the future.
But I don't see the danger anymore.
He has a job and is stable.
I don't like him missing out on so much is all.

Wow, if he is wanting to see his child and be a family, and has a stable job and a stable home environment for your daughter, then what is there to consider? If it was me, I would have been out my parents door and on FOB's doorstep a very long time ago.

Yes he does.

Does he drive? Live locally?

Meet up with him. Take Adelaide. Get together and if things seem okay, and he's acting responsible and you're sure in your gut it would be okay to move in with him...do it.

As long as he's not abusive, it seems like anything would be better than your parents.

He lives an hour and a half away. He knows how to drive but doesn't have his license. His mom or sister could drive him but if I went with him my parents would probably call the police claiming I ran away (which I assume is what theyd get me arrested for) I don't know :(
I feel like I have no options

He lives an hour and a half away. He knows how to drive but doesn't have his license. His mom or sister could drive him but if I went with him my parents would probably call the police claiming I ran away (which I assume is what theyd get me arrested for) I don't know :(
I feel like I have no options

You cannot be arrested for running away and since you're technically emaciated, it wouldn't even matter. They can't do anything except report you as a "missing person" but well, the police won't even file that until several days after you've left, and Im assuming you wouldn't suddenly leave for days on the first visit.

https://www.divorcelawinfo.com/states/ga/gacustody.htm

I hope that you know that your parents making you keep him being the father a secret is AGAINST THE LAW. Since you aren't even old enough to consent to sex and all. Its against the law for them to withhold the information that Adelaide is his daughter.

How old is the FOB? If he is not a minor, HE can be arrested if you run away to him. You are NOT emancipated. Your parents can call you in as a runaway with your daughter. But you CAN leave your daughter with him and his parents since you both have the same amount of rights to her and there is NOTHING your parents can do.

Becca, I know you cannot afford a lawyer, but many lawyers do cases pro-bono (for free, basically out of the goodness of their hearts) and your situation definitely seems like a good candidate for that. I just can't believe all of this and my heart breaks for you.

How old is the FOB? If he is not a minor, HE can be arrested if you run away to him. You are NOT emancipated. Your parents can call you in as a runaway with your daughter. But you CAN leave your daughter with him and his parents since you both have the same amount of rights to her and there is NOTHING your parents can do.

He's 17.
I don't want to leave my daughter anywhere.
She's my daughter too...

I'm not sure whether having a child makes you emancipated from your parents, but if it doesn't and you want to live with FOB, you can file for emancipation from your parents and pretty much any judge would give it to you since you have a baby of your own.

Becca, I know you cannot afford a lawyer, but many lawyers do cases pro-bono (for free, basically out of the goodness of their hearts) and your situation definitely seems like a good candidate for that. I just can't believe all of this and my heart breaks for you.

It's killing me because I do love my parents and my sisters and brother as well. But they're making me choose between two families and it doesn't seem right.

I know it is complicated because you love them, but how can you accept them putting you in this position?? Would you ever do that to Hudson??

Of course not, I totally understand that.

A little information about becoming emancipated: https://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/2005_06/fulltext/hb847.htm

Apparently you cannot usually become emancipated until you are 16, but they make "an exception to such age requirement in the case of pregnancy or live birth"

Idk about Georgia, but in Florida, you can only become emancipated at age 16-17 and only after you have had a steady job for a year. And aafscsweetie is right. There are a lot of lawyers that will work for free. That way, you can have written guidelines, and your parents can't do anything about it, AND you don't have to choose between families.

But in my honest opinion. Your family now is Adelaide and the FOB, whether or not its a good situation.

This is all making me feel horribly sick.
And like I'm an awful daughter and an awful mother.
:(

hun this is so sad to read - please listen to the girls and go stay with FOB.

However much your parents say they are doing it in your best interests they would have sat you down and listened to you in the first place - they clearly haven't. They are unhealthy and sooner or later Adelaide will pick up on the atmosphere. You need to really be strong and take some time out from your parents and think how YOU want to raise YOUR child

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"