Shopping trolleys

C

Ceejay123

Do you think our shopping trolleys say much about us?!

I was in Asda earlier and glanced at the conveyor belts around me.

I had lots of children's foods, fresh fruit, yogurts, pastas and healthy small things for my son. I had coke zero, which is my downfall, and literally nothing for myself food wise.

The woman next to me had four pot noodles, four energy drinks and was rushing around.

The couple in front of me had sugary drinks, chocolate, frozen pizzas, crisps, frozen chips and so many biscuits. They were a larger couple.

I feel like such a people watcher... But do you think you can tell what sort of lifestyle someone has by what they buy?

Me, I think I showed from my shopping that I think of my son eating healthy/being well... But I often forget to think about myself. I had no adult meals in sight. I usually end up eating pieces of his meals / remembering at 8pm to eat and having beans on toast. Not healthy at all!

The woman seemed to have a busy lifestyle, perhaps needing something quick as she didn't have chance to stop. (Was wearing smart work clothing), :shrug:

the couple in front of me had unhealthy bags, not a piece of fruit/veg in sight and they spent £128, and they were very miserable, frowning and arguing at the checkout.

What would your shopping list say about you? :)

I'm wondering if someone should hire you as a P.I? You're far to observant, but that's really interesting.

I often find myself looking at other people's shopping on the till in front of me and thinking what it says about them.

I think my shopping trolley would show that I mostly cook from scratch, use a lot of fresh fruit and I really really like beer :blush:

I cook a bit and mostly always from scratch so I've always got fresh vegetables/fruit in there and healthy stuff for Charlie as well. But usually biscuits and crisps too and always wine - don't know what that would say about me if you were watching me at the checkout :lol:

I have lots of fresh fruit for the kids and other things that are obviously kids things like kids yoghurts, smoothies, kids vitamins etc. I have quite a bit of fresh meat mainly for my husband and Tommy (I'm a veggie myself) and lots of pets stuff as I have 3 dogs and 2 cats. Pretty much nothing for myself though. I tend to live on pasta or sandwiches or snacking which isn't ideal.

Ours would show that I cook a lot from scratch, we drink a lot of milk. I also really like nice toilet paper and I do a lot of washing :lol:

Depends which shop you saw me at! I buy all my fresh meat, fruit, veg etc from aldi and junk from Asda :haha: so my shopping would tell you I'm a bit of a mix bag!

Mine would depend on how much you are willing to stalk me really. I tend to shop at 2-3 places.

1st: I go to Sainsbury's or Morrisons and usually buy random things, biscuits, wine, lager, frozen pizzas (usually for me when I finish work). Looking at my Sainsbury's shop, you'd think it was full of crap.
2nd: I go to Lidl and buy all my fresh fruit & veg, cheese, milk, butter & sometimes meat
3rd: I go to the Butchers to buy most of my meat.

I always do this! We eat a lot of chicken and cook a lot from scratch. We drink skimmed milk, have sweetner rather than sugar and go for all the low fat or diet options and usually have very little junk foods... maybe that shows we watch what we eat. We do however go to the cash and carry and buy crates of fizzy drinks. But we take a while to run that down before we buy the next lot, and only buy so much because it works out way cheaper!

Good point, i always eye up other people's shopping, glad it's not just me then.

I always look at the person and then look at their trolley.

We always have the offers on wine :haha: (by the case), lots of veg and baking ingredients. Mine would say I like to drink wine while I cook :haha:

I get so annoyed because all the healthy stuff is at the start! So by the time I get to the end my trolley looks like its full of shit. I feel like shouting I HAVE BANANAS!! :rofl:

Mine makes us look like veggies as we buy meat in bulk and stuff the freezer, so most shops don't include meat!

I love doing this. Once had a bloke behind me who had wine, chocolates, flowers and condoms. Me and the cashier struggled not to crack up!

I get so annoyed because all the healthy stuff is at the start! So by the time I get to the end my trolley looks like its full of shit. I feel like shouting I HAVE BANANAS!! :rofl:

Haha love it!

I was pretty mean for scouring the couples conveyer, it was because out of £128 of things, the only piece of fruit/veg was a chilli, haha. I don't think they had kids though, so maybe they would have shipped different for them if they did!

I was jealous of their shopping, chocolate.... Crisps, biscuits, coke, cheese, pizzas, yum!

Mine makes us look like veggies as we buy meat in bulk and stuff the freezer, so most shops don't include meat!

I love doing this. Once had a bloke behind me who had wine, chocolates, flowers and condoms. Me and the cashier struggled not to crack up!

Hahaha! Wonder what he was doing.

I've sent my oh to the shop for tampons before... Hilarious! I bought a pregnancy test for a friend when I was 14! Lol. Funny looks much.

I'm so glad self service has been invented ;) x

It depends what shop I'm doing. If I'm doing my main shop it will show all healthy food but I'll often pop in for milk and come out with £30 worth of junk which will make me look really unhealthy :haha:

Me and Ivy eat entirely different foods at the mo so mine would look really random. A lottttttt of gherkins, which is why I use the self-serve checkout :haha:

I go 3 places.
Sams club for bulk items such as toilet peper, cleaning supplies, wipes, diapers.
Walmart to stop for canned food, frozen items, health and beauty items.
Hy-vee for fresh fruit and veg, good cheese, and they have a butcher.

This is exactly why I use self checkout or home delivery!!! I rarely cook from scratch, I tried and Ben wouldn't eat it anyway, plus I'm a crap cook!! I always have fruit, and some frozen veg but I always buy frozen pizza, chips, chocolate and Pepsi each week!! Yes I'm fat, and I don't eat great but i lost weight in the past by starving myself, and I was miserable. Life is for living so if I want sweets, ill eat sweets dammit!!!

My trolly has lots of fresh fruit, fresh veg/herbs, fresh meat, loads of milk and I buy meat in bulk batch and freeze. So it probably looks like I have a huge family :haha:
I have loads of kids stuff, like smoothies, yoghurts and now pregnancy & Kids vitamins.
Dog and Rabbit treats.
It no has no wine :cry: but a lot of junk:blush:

Oh, I look. And I judge!!:blush:

Mine would suggest that we don't eat any meat and drink far too much alcohol.

One's correct. The other, I bulk buy meat and freeze it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->