Short Luteal Phase?

hockey24

Reaction score
Anyone out there have a short luteal phase?

I have a 26 / 27 day cycle and didn't ovulate this month until atleast day 16 or 17. Is this enough time for the implantation to occur?

If anyone out there has a short luteal phase - how many days is that? And what do you do to improve it to allow enough time for everything to do as it should?

:wacko:

10 days LP is good.
B6 vitamin could improve the length of LP.

A late ovulation doesn't necessarily mean a short LP you may find your LP remains the same and you have a longer cycle this time.

A longer LP is apparently preferable but I have read of ladies getting their BFPs with 10/11 day LPs so FXed for you :dust:

I had an 11/12 day LP and added 50 mgs of a B complex and it is now 13/14 days.
There is a woman here that has 3 kids and she has an 11 day LP.
Many think 10 days is fine...

You might end up having a longer cycle this time. You can get pregnant with a 10-day LP but at least 12 is preferable. B6 and Vitex may help.

I have a similar worry! My LP if you don't count spotting is 14 days....but if you do, it's only 9! I worry that nothing will have chance to implant before the spotting begins.

I do have another child (he's 18) but all this started way after he was born.

Anyone else have this? I've spoken to the doc and he doesn't seem that bothered, but surely it MUST cause some problems?

:growlmad:

I had an 11/12 day LP and added 50 mgs of a B complex and it is now 13/14 days.
There is a woman here that has 3 kids and she has an 11 day LP.
Many think 10 days is fine...

That's me!!! 3 kids, 11 day lp!:thumbup:

I have a similar worry! My LP if you don't count spotting is 14 days....but if you do, it's only 9! I worry that nothing will have chance to implant before the spotting begins.

I do have another child (he's 18) but all this started way after he was born.

Anyone else have this? I've spoken to the doc and he doesn't seem that bothered, but surely it MUST cause some problems?

:growlmad:

I started spotting last June. Spot starts 2 days prior to AF. With only an 11 day lp, this worried me. I spoke to my doctor because I was worried I had low progesterone (of course I have to be worried about something). She did a 7dpo progesterone check and it was 9.6 (should be 10, so I'm ok with 9.6). She's not at all concerned either.

I still am worried about it. I'm going to see my RE in August. we'll see what she says about it. I know that she didn't like my 11 day lp, but nothing she did ever lengthened it. I'm sure she won't like my spotting either.

Holy cow! On one hand I hope I have a longer cycle in order to allow for ample implantation time but on the other hand, if AF is coming anyway - I'd rather just get it over with. I start pulling my hair out these last couple days as it is. :0)

I took clomid for the first time this month so not sure what effect that has on your cycle.

May try the B6 next month and see if that helps (unless it works this month!).

Holy cow! On one hand I hope I have a longer cycle in order to allow for ample implantation time but on the other hand, if AF is coming anyway - I'd rather just get it over with.

:thumbup: My thoughts exactly. I'm a nut job while in the 2ww. I can't imagine having an extra 3-4 days of lunacy to contend with:wacko:

Holy cow! On one hand I hope I have a longer cycle in order to allow for ample implantation time but on the other hand, if AF is coming anyway - I'd rather just get it over with.

:thumbup: My thoughts exactly. I'm a nut job while in the 2ww. I can't imagine having an extra 3-4 days of lunacy to contend with:wacko:

I'm with you! Those 2 weeks are the longest and the last couple days before I'm so on edge.

Wishing you good luck and lots of sanity!! :thumbup:

Holy cow! On one hand I hope I have a longer cycle in order to allow for ample implantation time but on the other hand, if AF is coming anyway - I'd rather just get it over with. I start pulling my hair out these last couple days as it is. :0)

I took clomid for the first time this month so not sure what effect that has on your cycle.

Clomid made my cycles about 4 days longer..I also O'd about 4 days later then normal too:haha:

Clomid made my cycles about 4 days longer..I also O'd about 4 days later then normal too:haha:

Thank you! That is good to know. I normally would have started spotting yesterday and started by this morning but no show yet. I'm holding off on getting too hopeful as I suspect the clomid may change may normal timing.

I hope it works for all of us!:happydance:

Hockey - look on the bright side at least the TWW is less!!:thumbup: I think I'm going to be the same as you this cycle....CD18 and only just finished Oing and AF is due 10th July - we'll wait and see what happens!!x

Hockey - look on the bright side at least the TWW is less!!:thumbup: I think I'm going to be the same as you this cycle....CD18 and only just finished Oing and AF is due 10th July - we'll wait and see what happens!!x

Bet your cycle is longer although you're getting you BFP this cycle so it won't matter :thumbup:

Bet your cycle is longer although you're getting you BFP this cycle so it won't matter :thumbup:

Oh how I wish, thank you hun :kiss: I'm sure you're right though, about the cycle being longer that is!

Hey, yeah my LP my last 4 cycles has been 7, 7, 8, 9... started taking Vitex after the two 7s, and then B100 complex as well after the 8. So I THINK those are making a difference.

FX for 10 this cycle!

Yeah same and same... I hang on to that as the bright side! 14 days - eesh, that must be a nightmare... potentially saves me a lot of $$$ on HPTs as well - never get that far (and if I do, it will be a good clear sign I guess!)

My last LP was 13 days so hoping this is going to be my norm :)

But I do envy you ladies with 11 day LPs as it does make for less of a 2WW :)

Googly hope the Vitamin B helps give you an extra day or 2 on your LP :thumbup:

I was googling luteal phase defect and birth control. I found a link that stated the BCP causes B6 deficiency by turn causing a luteal defect. Also, claimed it should right itself by 9 months. 9 months! Who wants to wait that long! :dohh: Why don't doctor's tell you these things so you can take a little vitamin and help your body along?!? I've been off the BCP for just two full cycles right now and have been stressing about my short LPs. First one 7(!) days, second 10 days. I think I'm going to take some B6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->