showering after csection

Y

youngmommy2

How long after the surgery can you take a shower? And can you use regular soap/body wash.. also can you clean your lady bits? thanks!

I had my baby at 1:10pm and was showered up by 9 am the next morning!! You can use soap/body wash. The nurses just told me not to scrub the incision. Just to let the soap fall over it and let the shower water rinse it off. They should tell you shower with the bandage on, and let the shower water help to take it off. (My nurse took mine off before I had my shower, but they are not supposed to).

And yes, you may wash your lady bits!! :)

Wss^^! baby delivered at same time but my shower was at 8.30am. Don't forget your lady bits will be having a massive-period type thing so they'll be glad of the wash ;) x

What ladyL said :thumbup:

Defo try & soak that 'sticky plaster' ~ Mine with DD was literally a real pain to pull off :cry:

i had my section at 5:14am, wasnt allowed to move for 24hours (completly bedbound) then at 7:30am the next morning the health care assistant helped me get showered. the plaster was removed in the shower and was told to wash as normal with shower gel/soap/shampoo and conditioner, then dried (told to pat dry around scar but to make sure it was dry) stitches checked, dressed etc, felt great!! i even had oh bring in hair straightners and make up in!! xx

Pretty much the same as everyone else really :thumbup: DD was delivered at 12.22pm, I was showered by 9am the next day, and I felt AMAZING afterwards! I had to have help but I was so so grateful!

Yep, I had my shower the morning after. Peeling off the big plaster thing made me want to throw up, I have a phobia of sticky stuff (plasters, stickers etc) and even the thought of having to do it now makes me want to heave!

I was showered the next day too and sat in shower for ages with shower head on my dressing and it just totally peeled off
Seen as I having a blow-dry day before I will be putting my shower cap on xx

I was showered the next day too and sat in shower for ages with shower head on my dressing and it just totally peeled off
Seen as I having a blow-dry day before I will be putting my shower cap on xx

Same as you! I got wash n blowdry the day b4 section so I brought a shower cap with me x

Also same as every else showered next day. My bandage was a nightmare to get off, it was sooo sticky! But used plenty of soap and didnt hurt as i peeled it off :)

I had Sophie on the Sunday at 14.44 and didn't get to have a shower till the Tuesday morning around 10ish but I think the delay was more because I was so ill with the pre-eclampsia. I had to have a bed bath on the Monday which I HATED!

I also had to take the dressing off in the shower and was told to soak it - it made me feel all squeamish :haha:

Yep! I was told not to submerge the incision for 2 weeks. You can definitely take a shower though! Just don't scrub the wound, let water run over it and pat dry!

Yep! I was told not to submerge the incision for 2 weeks. You can definitely take a shower though! Just don't scrub the wound, let water run over it and pat dry!

Thats interesting :thumbup: I wasnt told not to bathe & I did.......

Then I got an infection :cry:

Will just shower this time for at least 2 weeks ~ Glad you pointed this out :flower:

I couldn't wait for my shower and it felt wonderful!! I soaked the plaster and took it off in shower on the second day and it didnt hurt - it felt a bit numb there anyway. :)

I was so nervous to have my shower (the next day) but once I was in it was so nice! Just to be clean and have some time to myself while hubby was cuddling baby. Also, lady bits will definitely want washing. I fet so nice and fresh afterwards. I was too scared to the the dressing off so a lovely nurse did it for me :) I didn't bother with a hairdryer as the ward was so hot my hair dried by itself (even though I looked like a puffball!).

Make sure there is a chair in the shower room to put your stuff on though. You won't be able to pick stuff up off the floor (as you can read in a previous post by me about dropping my knickers!)

Make sure there is a chair in the shower room to put your stuff on though. You won't be able to pick stuff up off the floor (as you can read in a previous post by me about dropping my knickers!)

Another great tip ~ :thumbup:

I just had my first shower after c section had section at 3:40 yesterday pm and its now 6:40 am. Got my catheter out and showered with no bandage yes you can wash lady bits but for me it was hard to lean over. Washed with sensitive skin dove bar and had to spray special wash on lady bits and and inscision. But i do warn you as soon as i could rinse the blood from lady bits it was oozing out

I had LO at 5:43pm, epidural needle was removed the following morning, and I showered that afternoon.

It was the best shower I had ever had!

mine was the next day and i used the gentle baby soap i got in my bounty pack!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->