Showing signs but slightly confused...HELP!!

BeckaJayne

Reaction score
Chloe has been showing a few signs of weaning (i always hoped she'd be a late weaner as i don't have a clue what to do:blush:) but im thinking she's going to have to be weaned at the 4 month mark.

However i don't no which 4 month mark to go of...do i start at 16 weeks or do i start at 4 months to the date.:dohh:
For those who weaned at 4 months what 4 months did you go by?

If its 16 weeks then i've got a week to buy all the stuff:wacko:

What signs is she showing? Many parents mistake a growth spurt or teething for signs to wean early. The signs to watch for are a prolonged plateau in weight gain, or a weight loss over two or more weeks; dissatisfaction immediately after a feed; the loss of the tongue thrust reflex; the ability to sit unaided; the ability to feed herself finger foods. These signs combined demonstrate that a child is physically capable of eating something other than milk and that their system is ready for it.

Waking or feeding more frequently; an interest in what parents are doing (inc eating) and exploring with their mouths are normal developmental milestones that have nothing to do with being physically ready for solid foods.

Waking or feeding more frequently; an interest in what parents are doing (inc eating) and exploring with their mouths are normal developmental milestones that have nothing to do with being physically ready for solid foods.

Ah coz i was told these were all signs that she was ready...the only other two are her weight as her weight gain seems to be slowing right down and she's waking in the night which she never used to do.
She's generally fussy with feeds anyway so i can't tell much on that one.

Four months is 17 weeks. There is a growth spurt round then and it is a long one too so maybe give it a couple of weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->