Shut up

R

robinator

What are you okay with your kids saying, from early on when they learn to talk?

Will they be allowed to say "shut up", or something more along the lines of "be quiet", "shush", etc.?

What about "butt"? Or "bum" or "bottom" instead?

I dont like shut up and save it for arguments with OH, i prefer be quiet. Bum doesnt bother me but i dont like butt.

i'm trying not to be too anal about those things as it's nearly impossible to keep them from hearing/repeating things you don't want them to! my sister teaches preschool and tells me about the things kids come out with

I don't like LO using commands on me because I'm in charge. JMO

Definitely no "shut up" and probably no "shush" either. "Please be quiet" is what I was taught and is what I'll be teaching LO.

I don't mind butt or bum or bottom. "Ass" is not acceptable though :haha:

I feel like I should probably start saying "breast" instead of "boob" because I want to teach her anatomically-correct terms for body parts, but that's a hard habit to break for some reason!

boob is more fun to say, IMO! i never say breasts lol

boob is more fun to say, IMO! i never say breasts lol

I know, I don't either haha. I always find myself asking her "Do you want some boob?" But of course I don't really want her saying stuff like that so I probably need to stop.

No way I would let my children tell me to shut up. In fact I don't like anyone saying that to me. It is rude and disrespectful IMO. No problems with them saying bum as I always say I need to change their bums etc.
I think I am turning into my mother and will be saying 'if you don't hear me say it then I don't want to hear it' lol.

Shut up is a no because that is a rude form of be quiet.

Butt, breast, penis, ECT...we are anatomically correct in this house.

or soon enough she'll be screaming "BOOB" in the stores or something lol

As careful as I have been, it's amazing how much toddlers/babies pick up. Thomas knows fuck and says it at all the wrong times.

I also once said "shut up baby" quiety to myself when frustrated at Sophie not sleeping. He heard me, and since then every single time she cries he says "shup bay!" over an over again!

Bum and boob etc I have no problem with as that's how people talk in NZ anyway. We don't go around saying buttocks or breasts usually.

I'll use "boob" too, I haven't really thought about other anatomically correct words, though. Hmmmmm, have to ponder that one.....

Im going to be pretty relaxed about things like that tbh... The way my OH is, if the worst LO says is 'shut up' I'll be pretty lucky :haha:

my neice tells my mum to shut up and it sounds so awful and disrespectful. thn again I find things like be quiet a bit meh too.

I have a friend who is adamant that her boys not refer to their butts as their.....butts. That's her prerogative, but since when is it a bad word :shrug:

Eh.

I fear what my LO will say. I have quite the potty mouth, especially while driving. I'm pretty sure he's going to say the f-word before he says mommy. I should probably clean it up soon. He already mimics me when I say mommy or I love you. I can picture us in the car and him yelling "nice f'ing blinker a-hole!"

Im qiute laid back but i like finn to talk properly with manners. No shut ups, stupids, etc. Basically nothin that offends

Ha ha! I think it is really funny hearing kids saying anatomically correct words. It sounds funny to me. I would rather Billy said willy and booby and fairy (or whatever) than penis and breasts and vulva or vagina,. In fact I am tittering just thinking about it! ha ha ha! Sounds so false and attempting to be upper class! Sorry. no doubt will offend someone and genuinely dont mean to

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->