Shut up

I don't mind things like bum or bottom.. As long as its something that everyone would understand...would hate for her to go to a babysitter-school-etc and have them not understand what she's trying to tell them..

I will correct her on anything I find disrespectful.. But if the random shut up is the worst she picks up I think we will be okay. My friends daughter the other day told me "_insert name_'s house got raided and they took all his weed" and called the girl at a restaurant a "stupid freaking hoe"

I have been teaching my DD all the right words, only polite words such as ''please be quiet'' ''bottom'' I am constantly telling my OH to stop using swear words and ignorant words, he would say about 2 normal words and the rest swear words in an average sentence lol

I quickly pointed out to those around us she was her child (And pointed to friend) I was horrified.

Bum/bottom is fine, as is willy, but I can't think of a nice word for girl parts, I used to say 'min' as a child but I think it sounds too much like minge!

Ha ha. Im struggling with a word to use for lady parts! I always go through all the body parts with her as im bathing her so hopefully she will learn but never know what to say for that bit! I used to call it a tuppence but my husband finds that hilarious and says we have to think of something else to call it...but what??

As for shut up, I dont mind the words but I just wouldn't want her to be telling me this (although im sure she will do, she's had to listen to me talk a load of nonsense to her throughout her baby life so its probably the first thing she will want to say!)

I'll probably call it a front bum, as I do already. I had never heard that term before bnb; you girls are good for something after all! :haha:

Ha ive been calling it "other bum" til I think of something catchier. (probably a good thing she hasn't got a clue what im saying yet)

I hate hate hate the word "poop". Even just writing it makes me cringe!!! And most of the slang words my (D?)H uses to describe his (ugh...) aren't much better. Dooker, clunker... Ack. Just, ack. So none of that around here. Here, it's "poo". Don't ask me why "poo" is better than "poop". I frankly have no idea. It just is. :thumbup:

And to a slightly lesser degree, I also am not a huge fan of the word "potty". I think I will be alright with my small human saying "pee". In two years, though, you never know. I'll probably have changed my mind. DH and I don't say potty or piss, we say pee. And I don't think it's bad enough to change before LO picks it up.

My dog, though, knows exactly what potty means, and we unashamedly pick on her, because she has the best apology face ever! We will say "Did you potty on the floor? Do we need to talk about it?" and the dog will do her very, very best to climb up our legs and curl up by our faces, trying to apologize. We think it's hilarious. Probably warping the dog's psychology, but better to warp the dog than the child, right? :rofl:

So so so sorry. Have now just read "other bum" am practically wetting myself! Other bum! That is just fabulous! We do respite for children with disabilities and I accidentally taught one of them the other day what a camel toe was. Big mistake for a 4 year old. Oops. x

Oh yeah, but it is a very effective way of describing a front bottom wedgie. I found.

I wouldn't tolerate 'shut up' we don't say it in our house, it's rude! I do tell Isaac to 'shhh quiet please' when he's being too loud. He know says 'ssshhh mum' back to me but it's when he's putting a toy to 'sleep' or sees a baby etc which I think is cute.

He says boobies and doodle (he likes to point out DH's doodle all the time :dohh:) I have no issue with him using nicknames for private parts, I don't really know anyone he uses there real words, it sounds funny to me and reminds me of sex ed at school. Maybe it's an Australian thing? :shrug:

I used to care but if DD1 (3.5yrs and cant talk)came out with ANY of those words I'd be celebrating. I'm so over it. I'd march proudly to my speech therapist and tell her "Alex told me to piss off" :)

I am a teacher and find sex ed highly amusing. But unfortunately they dont use words like diddle and piddly. They prefer to say things like "what is a tittywank" at which point I wet myself laughing, in a particularly mature way, and then tell them that we will need to find out the following day, having been on the internet. Incidentally my class also know what a blue waffle, a mangina and a big cat are having used this particular policy.

What are a blue waffle, mangina and big cat? this is getting interesting.....

One thing I often said was "just go away", when my son became too much. Now, whenever he doesn't want to tidy his toys away or I ask him to finish his drink, he says "Oh mama, just go away"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->