Shut up

i read somewhere that you should teach your kids anatomically correct words for their parts in case they are molested (an awful what if to even think about) because sex offenders will often use different words for their parts.

I would much rather my LO say penis than say dick, LOL

My mom and dad didn't try too hard with us and for the most part we did OK, I only started using swear words in high school lol

Ha ha! I think it is really funny hearing kids saying anatomically correct words. It sounds funny to me. I would rather Billy said willy and booby and fairy (or whatever) than penis and breasts and vulva or vagina,. In fact I am tittering just thinking about it! ha ha ha! Sounds so false and attempting to be upper class! Sorry. no doubt will offend someone and genuinely dont mean to

Haha, I'm not offended. I just prefer teaching the actual words, but I can understand either way. Hopefully LO and I won't be having lots of conversations about vulvas anyway...

Absolutely no "shut up", a "please be quiet" is what I teach. Butt, bum, boob, breasts, etc. all okay I tend to use the correct terms for such things. Just no "ass". The problem isn't so much myself or DH, we've worked really hard to clean up our speech around the kids but both grandmas can be bad with stuff like that. And DD has learned all kinds of new expressions since starting school that've had to be nipped in the bud.

I always say "Abby, boobie?" before I nurse her...I don't know why. I picture her running around saying "boobie!" and I'm kinda okay with it haha.

I would HATE it if my LO told me or anyone else to shut up.

I want to use anatomically correct words for body parts but my OH thinks it'd be "weird" to hear a little girl say vagina, penis, etc. I personally think it's weirder to give them cutesy names.

Edit: I guess "boobie" is sort of a cutesy name so maybe I'm a hypocrite. Oh well. I still don't like the names people give vaginas/penises.

I say 'for goodness sake' when I get frustrated and ds1 has started saying 'sake' and I'm paranoid someone will think it's because I say 'ffs'

I wouldn't want my LO saying 'shut up' to me. Nor would I say it to her, as I want us to respect each other. Shush or be quiet are ok, but then it depends in the way it's said, not if it's said in a rude way.

Bum or butt is fine but not ass or arse.

Breasts or boobs is fine.

This whole thread is making me laugh a bit. Obviously I am a bit too immature to discuss it. Personally if my son said "mummy my anus is a bit itchy" or "why have I got testicles rather than a vagina" I would probably wet myself laughing!

No way would I accept my boys saying Shut up Or Be Quiet to me! AS pp said I am in command not they. I might be ok with them saying Shh mummy, if it was in an ok context. Let's say I didn't see that one of the boys was asleep and the other said shh brother is sleeping or something like that. As for anatomically correct, no I don't think that is needed and things like bum, willy or pee pee or something like that is perfectly acceptable for a small child. There is time enough for them to learn the proper terms later. What I find more important is that they learn to use proper English grammar. Or at least as best as I can teach it to them. (My first language is German)

Well I call vaginas "fanakapans" so Ethan has no hope of ever talking sense. I've told my mum to "shut uppa ya face" since I was about 3 so I'll no doubt create a monster baby myself. I'm nice really! Honest!

This whole thread is making me laugh a bit. Obviously I am a bit too immature to discuss it. Personally if my son said "mummy my anus is a bit itchy" or "why have I got testicles rather than a vagina" I would probably wet myself laughing!
:haha:

I don't think I've ever even used the word anus in context so I most definately won't be teaching it to LO! I was brought up where girls had boobies and foofs, and boys had winkies lol! I would be ok with LO saying bum or butt, but definately NOT telling someone to shut up!! Ohh noooo!

What I particularly love is the fact that my life hasnt changed a bit since having Billy. Obviously last new years eve I also spent my time sober, discussing parts of the male and female anatomy. Nope, no way am I gonna let my baby change me. No way.

What I particularly love is the fact that my life hasnt changed a bit since having Billy. Obviously last new years eve I also spent my time sober, discussing parts of the male and female anatomy. Nope, no way am I gonna let my baby change me. No way.

:rofl: Both your posts made me laugh out loud!

Having a toddler my opinion is that "shut up" is relatively mild, LOL. We get a variety of insults and directives on a regular basis, including the most recent "I'm going to put you in the bin" (LOL), "stop talking mammy, you're annoying me", and "go away and don't come back". We also have regular loud conversations about willies, bums, and big poos in the most inappropriate places. The joys!

When I was a kid, my mum tried to make me posh by saying big instead of poo. So I had to say "Im going for a big". How absolutely ridiculous! Still makes me laugh now!

what i particularly love is the fact that my life hasnt changed a bit since having billy. Obviously last new years eve i also spent my time sober, discussing parts of the male and female anatomy. Nope, no way am i gonna let my baby change me. No way.

Having a toddler my opinion is that "shut up" is relatively mild, lol. We get a variety of insults and directives on a regular basis, including the most recent "i'm going to put you in the bin" (lol), "stop talking mammy, you're annoying me", and "go away and don't come back". we also have regular loud conversations about willies, bums, and big poos in the most inappropriate places. The joys!

lmfao

Having a toddler my opinion is that "shut up" is relatively mild, LOL. We get a variety of insults and directives on a regular basis, including the most recent "I'm going to put you in the bin" (LOL), "stop talking mammy, you're annoying me", and "go away and don't come back". We also have regular loud conversations about willies, bums, and big poos in the most inappropriate places. The joys!

bahahaha that is amazing! :rofl: Do you tell him off or just laugh? I wouldn't be able to stay serious :D

Who even says shut up?! No way!

Butt/Bum is fine though.

I'd ideally like her to have good manners, but if she picks up on any of my three in the morning rants when she wont go to sleep, her primary school teacher will have some stories to tell. :|

I would hope that my son says ssh. IMO both shut up and be quiet can be quite aggressive, as an instruction. l might use it in the context of we all need to be quiet. I will also use bottom. That's what I call it normally anyway. As for boobs / breast we've stopped bfing now so not sure it will be that common in a conversation.

lyssa says bottom, and she named her vagina/vulva a foofoo, so we've just gone with that. a penis is a willy and breasts are boobies.
i wouldnt be happy if she came out with shut up, but she quite often tells me to "be quiet please mummy because my babies are sleeping" while playing :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->