Shut up

I can picture us in the car and him yelling "nice f'ing blinker a-hole!"

Oh god, this exact phrase comes out of my mouth all the time. Actually, it just reminded me one of my nephew's first phrases was "Ah, GOD!!" in imitation of his dad's regular cry of exasperation. :haha:

We use "bahookie" most of the time instead of bum. But we do use the word and so does she. A few times when I've been at the end of my tether I've told her to shut up. It does sound very unpleasant when she says it back to us. We don't use any swear words (intentionally) with her and the few times they have slipped out, she's never picked up on it. She tends not to parrot words and only uses them when she understands the context of how to use them. Her "lady parts" are called her "mary" but only because I told OH I'd heard it on here as a word for them and he thought it was quite funny. She knows daddy has a willie. I actually hate the anatomically correct words for boy and girl parts. I think they sound horrible.

One of abby's first words was "cleavage" because she tended to stick her hand down mine a lot as a baby and I'd tell her to take her hands out of my cleavage. I use "boobies" simply because I always have. Again, the word "breast" just sounds horrible to me. I don't know why. I'm just weird.

One time, her granny said "oh my god!!!" very loudly when she opened her nappy. Abby then used it and I had a terrible time trying to get her to say "oh my goodness" instead. "Oh my god" was one phrase that was just not tolerated in our house and I think it sounds awful coming from a child.

not a fan of shut up myself, we don't (usually) use it with Hannah either. But she's picked up loads of annoying phrases and sayings from school :roll:

I see it that he gonna learn the phrases/words at some point from nursey,family, friends. But i hope to teach him if/when it appropriate to use the words. just the same as im sure he will learn various swear words over the years and just to teach him that there not nice words to be used and if he does then the consequences to it.

We don't tell people to shut up in our house. I think its disrespectful. If we need someone to be quiet, we say "sshh" so I imagine our LO will use that. We never said butt when I was growing up, so that to me is a weird word. I prefer bottom or bum.

I say "zip it" a lot. May have to rethink that one. Also "put a lid on it". I think both those would be cute as hell coming out of the mouth of babes, but if anyone here ever overheard my kid say it IRL, there would no doubt be an "omg......" thread started about it, :haha:

That reminds me, the other day OH joked how we gotta stop calling his feedings "boobie milk" because he will start screaming for his boobie milk in public.

We tend to say ssshhhhhhhh. I will use words that we use for body parts. Boobs, girly bits, bottom, bum. We don't swear in our house anyway so hopefully she won't learn them for a while. One of my nephews first words was bugger! He also says ffs in the right context sometimes. He really is a sweet boy though! But he's very clever and listens to everything everyone says.

See with me we have to watch what we say and if they swear its our fault. My other halfs more lol I cant deny words we say, would be hypocrital but I can let William know they arnt good words and he knows . The other day he came up and showed me something and said "its f*&ked" for its broken. I was actually shocked. But since he is around his dad and uncles a lot who just cant stop swearing hes got that there. My partners mum always goes made at them for swearing. Not the kids, they only hear what adults are saying. Williams well mannered anyway so I am not worried he is laughs and likes to try wind me up with the F word which I am sure he does to his gran as she would rise to it.

It will be "be quiet please" or shhh, not sure I've ever said shut up myself to anyone.

As for parts, they will be boobies, bum, fairy, willy in our house, hearing a 2 year old say vulva makes me cringe. In fact I'm not sure I could say it in public myself....and I'm a doctor....

My daughter says "bum" and "boobies" and sometimes "piss" which she uses for when shes done a wee. Not sure who taught her that! She came out with "its shit!" a few months ago which I completely ignored and she's not said it since.

I don't want my LO swearing/cursing. But I figure if I dont make a huge deal out of something she might say then she'll notice theres no reaction and will probably stop. HOPEFULLY anyways!
I hadn't realized saying shut up was rude until I was alot older, it was common to say in my household, however we weren't allowed to say it to our parents.

Well I've no issues with him swearing, though not *at* someone, that just shows complete disrespect. We've had joke arguements, *you shut up, no you shut up* etc which usually ends with OH telling us to both shut up. But, whenever Jack's being serious, he says something like this "I'm not very happy right now, please leave/please stop talking" which I find very sweet.

Was thinking about shut up and shhuuh, I never heard my two say that as it wasnt said to them.

I'd be upset if our DD said 'shut up'.
Think I would try to encourage her to say something else.

As for butt, bum, booty, etc... I'm fine with any of those, just so long as she doesn't say ass :p lol

What I particularly love is the fact that my life hasnt changed a bit since having Billy. Obviously last new years eve I also spent my time sober, discussing parts of the male and female anatomy. Nope, no way am I gonna let my baby change me. No way.

:rofl: Both your posts made me laugh out loud!

Having a toddler my opinion is that "shut up" is relatively mild, LOL. We get a variety of insults and directives on a regular basis, including the most recent "I'm going to put you in the bin" (LOL), "stop talking mammy, you're annoying me", and "go away and don't come back". We also have regular loud conversations about willies, bums, and big poos in the most inappropriate places. The joys!

bahahaha that is amazing! :rofl: Do you tell him off or just laugh? I wouldn't be able to stay serious :D

I am definitely guilty of laughing! Too hard to keep a straight face!

I feel like I am strict on the language I will let the boys use and what we use in front of them. I even had to get DH to have a word with his mum as if she doesn't like something food wise she will say 'that's foul' or 'that smells foul' and I REALLY hate it. There's no way I want my children looking at their dinner and telling me it is foul!! Had to knock that one on the head!

Bum/bottom is fine, as is willy, but I can't think of a nice word for girl parts, I used to say 'min' as a child but I think it sounds too much like minge!

My girls (rather unoriginally) have a 'front bottom'
Boys and daddy has a willy.

It really annoys me when people say they want to teach their children the anatomically correct words and the wind up teaching that their labia are called a vagina. No small girl is ever going to actually see a vagina, let alone their own.....'cause it's on the inside!

I used to be a teacher trying to correct these misconceptions in 11 year olds.
Now I'm a medic... But still can't bring myself to hear the word 'penis' or 'labia/vulva/vagina' from my young kids.

I'm always sure to check with patients parents what words they use to refer to different body parts though so that there is no confusion!

Owen says shut up,he learnt it off his big brother.Hes tried 'shit' too,and 'what the heck'.
He doesnt make a habit off saying bad words more than once,and if he hears anyone else using them he points it out and tells them off for it!

Same here I say willy for boys parts and front bum for girls as I couldnt think of anything nice to call it.Not that we discuss it very often lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->