Sick note for work

Helen76

Mummy to Luke
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm close to the end of my second IVF cycle and I've started spotted and so can't stop crying.

I don't think I can face work tomorrow and actually don't know when I'll feel ready to go back.

My boss and one colleague know I'm going through IVF but I dont really want anyone else knowing. My question is if I go to my GP for a sick note what can I get them to put on the sick note that will cover me but won't give the game away? I'm not sure I want to go down the 'depression' route.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
H xx

I totally understand you not being up to going to work. I was the same with failed IUI's and luckily for me it was a weekend I found out they failed.

Remember you don't have to go to the docs and get a note and hand into work until the 7th day of being "off work", so don't rush away down to the docs yet or until you feel like it after maybe day 5 or so off. You'll know what your surgery is like and about getting in to see them.

As for what's wrong with you the doctor will have to put something. You'll have to discuss that with them. Like I said in another post, I hope this hasn't failed and it's just a bit of snuggling in spotting :hugs:

I agree with wallie, you could have all week off without having to go to the doc and get a note. If you were off the following monday too then you would need a note.

Fingers crossed it is just implantation spotting and you will be as happy as a happy thing and not even remember this post about having to go to the docs or taking time off work!!!

fluffy xxx

Hmm, does there really need to be a "reason" on the sick note from a doctor? Or could it just say they will release you to come back to work on xx date? I don't see why it's anyone's business why you are out at any time, so long as a doctor has written a note saying you are fine to return on a specific date.

I'd go with giving no explanation at all. Your boss knows of your situation, so I say screw everyone else. No one needs to pry into why you were out. Just say you weren't feeling well. Maybe the stomach flu or something?

Are you in the US? I just feel strongly that it's no ones business nor should they be asking about it........ :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->