Sick of people commenting about me FF

Try not to confuse things regarding the blinkies. Obvious blinkie wars or even snide quotes in signatures will be removed, we have found many inappropriate over time related to both methods of feeding not just one. There is no need for anyone to make these points across the forum, not in signature and not in posts. Using general parenting method blinkies (like that one) isn't a problem.

nmwb78 has it right and that specific blinkie is a good example of what would be removed.

Back on topic anyway? :D

Try not to confuse things regarding the blinkies. Obvious blinkie wars or even snide quotes in signatures will be removed, we have found many inappropriate over time related to both methods of feeding not just one. There is no need for anyone to make these points across the forum, not in signature and not in posts. Using general parenting method blinkies (like that one) isn't a problem.

nmwb78 has it right and that specific blinkie is a good example of what would be removed.

Back on topic anyway? :D

Yeah I wasn't sure but nmwb78 cleared it up :)

I think if you feel you have made the right decision for you and your baby, or well... some aren't even so lucky as to have that choice, you shouldn't feel guilty as to how you feed your baby. I feel very blessed to have been able to breastfeed over 11 months now as many do not, or cannot do it. I do feel the pressure with FF even though I BF. I have been giving cows milk, but was using formula and felt guilty for doing so... even though there isn't any harm in it.

Fairypop, yep will deffo let you know about classes when I hear. I have a friend who works at a childrens centre who is going to grab me some info. x

Fairypop, yep will deffo let you know about classes when I hear. I have a friend who works at a childrens centre who is going to grab me some info. x

Thanks, I love the name Kitty x

Thanks, I love the name Kitty x

Thank you hon! Some people really dont like it, but I think it suits her :haha:
Haven't spoke to friend yet but haven't forgotten about warwickshire info x

just smile and nod and if they carry on a sharp shut up should do the trick

this bothers me a lot too. i only lasted 5 days. the pain was so much worse than labour, poppy wanted to be fed constantly and wouldnt latch properly. it all came to a head at 4am one night and i sent the oh to tesco for milk, steriliser and bottles!

Wish i'd seen this 5 minutes earlier before I posted my massive new thread rant lol!! I had this the other day at a sure start center finding myself explaining why I was FF (which among other reasons is one breast ended up 2 sizes bigger than the other because it became engorged and LO couldn't latch,,, To which I heard from across the room, I have one breast bigger than the other and I still breastfeed!!

As I said in my thread "what do you want a banana or an even sized chest to pin it on!!)

Right there and then I felt like I was lousy and just making excuses, I felt much better when after LOs weighing she needed feeding and I happily got my bottle out tipped in the feed and chatted to the child development worker while LO happily guzzled twiddling her toes.

Nothing wrong with it at all hun x x x

See, this is why I'm dreading going to any of the baby clubs!

Me either, I was planning on going in the new year but it's at a Sure Start centre :wacko: I feel like a bad enough mother as it is for FF, I don't need to be judged by everyone else too.

Have just posted in a similar thread, and really hope you don't mind me being over here :flower:

Please don't feel worried about going to baby clubs! :hugs: I BF at the moment (boo, hiss :haha:) and find I am the one feeling I have to justify my BFing lol. I go to groups at our surestart centre, and at the baby crawlers group there is a mix of BF and FF mummies - and if anything, those of us who BF are given the funny looks not the other way round :haha: :hugs: There is a BF group run there which I go to and enjoy as well but I don't find it infiltrates the other sessions (though from reading the thread I understand that some of you have found that :hugs:)

Sad but seems mums will judge other mums for a variety of things - so you're not on your own! I was told by a FF mum I'd only just met at a softplay centre that BF wasn't natural - I felt like such a leper :dohh: and I didn't and wouldn't criticise her choice at all, she just asked me how many ounces Dylan was on and I explained I didn't know as he is BF :dohh:

So if its any comfort it seems BFers feel like this too lol - you are feeding your baby and looking after them well, who cares how you do it / whose business is it anyway :thumbup:

Have just posted in a similar thread, and really hope you don't mind me being over here :flower:

Please don't feel worried about going to baby clubs! :hugs: I BF at the moment (boo, hiss :haha:) and find I am the one feeling I have to justify my BFing lol. I go to groups at our surestart centre, and at the baby crawlers group there is a mix of BF and FF mummies - and if anything, those of us who BF are given the funny looks not the other way round :haha: :hugs: There is a BF group run there which I go to and enjoy as well but I don't find it infiltrates the other sessions (though from reading the thread I understand that some of you have found that :hugs:)

Sad but seems mums will judge other mums for a variety of things - so you're not on your own! I was told by a FF mum I'd only just met at a softplay centre that BF wasn't natural - I felt like such a leper :dohh: and I didn't and wouldn't criticise her choice at all, she just asked me how many ounces Dylan was on and I explained I didn't know as he is BF :dohh:

So if its any comfort it seems BFers feel like this too lol - you are feeding your baby and looking after them well, who cares how you do it / whose business is it anyway :thumbup:

I actually cant understand the stupidity of some people!

Everyone is going to get judged all we can do is ignore it and remember not to judge others for their choices in future

to those scared of going to a baby club, please don't be! i went along to one & met another mum who was formula feeding, & felt such a sense of relief, because i'd met someone who had a baby of around bella's age, formula feeding. & knew then that it wasn't just me!
xx

Even though i breastfeed, i do agreee with you Fairypop - but on the other side of the coin. There's always someone challenging me as to WHY i am STILL breastfeeding at 4 months, how it's about time i was seperated from Leni, you know, all that.

It is so so so rude and it really is nobodies business. As long as baby is fed who the hell cares!

Even though i breastfeed, i do agreee with you Fairypop - but on the other side of the coin. There's always someone challenging me as to WHY i am STILL breastfeeding at 4 months, how it's about time i was seperated from Leni, you know, all that.

It is so so so rude and it really is nobodies business. As long as baby is fed who the hell cares!

Thanks Aob, I can't believe people question you about still feeding Leni, it is a great thing! :flower: Stoopid muppets - I guess people like to interfere in everything!

x

I agree with others. When you go to baby groups, you see that in reality most people FF. It can seem because of BF promotion that everyone BF's but they really don't, it'll probably be 50-50 or more FF'ers. You'll probably find that you meet mums who have had BF problems too and now FF and it can help to talk about it. If you feel worried you can always feed LO just before you go then you won't need to FF there. That's what I did when I first started going as it took me many months before I felt comfy FF'ing in public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->