Sick of people commenting about me FF

HV told me that I live in an area were only 25% of population make it to where I got to 3 weeks so im not worrying about groups... maybe NCT one lol

Don't feel guilty, there are people doing far worse in this world than FF, it narks me. Unfortunatley whether you BF or FF you are still going to get opinions. Don't take it to heart x

I got the same thing. People need to realize that it's YOUR baby and you are going to do what YOU want to do. FF is JUST as healthy as BF. I wish people would keep their judgments to themselves. There is nothing wrong with FF.

I dont know why people are telling you breast is best when you are already formula feeding. Your milk has already dried up what do they magically think you are going to fill up with milk again and switch back to BF? That would piss me off if someone ever said that to me because the ONLY reason they'd have to say that is to guilt trip you, since they know it's impossible for you to switch back.

It's nobody's business what you do with yourself, your baby or your life. Tell them to go jump in lake stupid! :flower:

I was in tears over this earlier :cry: No-one has made any comments about me FF (yet) but I'm beating myself up about it, it was something I desperately wanted to do and although I told myself all through the pregnancy that I would try, rather than being definite that I would, I still feel like a failure. :nope:
As my mum said to me earlier as I was blubbing, it's not that Erin is missing my breast milk as she's thriving, it's me that misses breast feeding! I just hope I can eventually get past this all-consuming guilt that keeps me awake at night and feel comfortable with my decision.

Easier said than done I realise but you just have to hold your head high and keep doing what you're doing. I BF but have had comments, fed him in toliets, put up with constant digs from the MIL etc etc but it was my choice to BF (and it was no easy battle to win) and I stand by that choice. That's all you can do, you can't spend your life worrying about or resenting what you think others think about you.

Just my 2 cents ;)

I tried to BF, but Jaxon would just arch his back and scream bloody murder. After three days of him not eating I gave in and gave him FF (he needed to eat something) and tried to express, but got nothing. Went to lactation appoitments, tried Funugreek and a medication to up milk supply..though NOTHING worked. I never even got engorged or anything.

If I didnt FF Jaxon he would have starved to death.

Thanks for all your comments, makes me feel better it isn't just me...

I am worried as I wanted to join some NCT classes and go to some of the coffee mornings etc, but now as I am FF I think I will be frowned upon and I am not sure whether I can go and see - or whether this will just hold me back from even attempting to go :( I have heard the NCT are pretty militant about BF so I guess I am excluded. I need to find a Formula Feeding Cafe!! Don't think they have those groups!! Might be a lonely maternity leave for me then :(

I am a BFer and was over here looking for something to do with bottles when I wandered into this thread, I hope nobody minds. I was just going to say that I go to an NCT coffee morning weekly. There are 10 ladies in our group, all with babies from 5-6 months and only myself and one other lady BF (and the other lady combi feeds actually). So you shouldn't feel worried about going. Yes the NCT as an organisation are pro-BFing but many of the ladies in NCT don't BF. As FFing is more common in general in the UK (past 3 weeks) than Bfing you are more likely to be in majority I would think at any baby group so I would go along and enjoy yourself (and even if your not in the majority you are unlikely to be alone).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->