Simply having too much fun

please say something poor little thing , say something like all they do is feed at that age maybe it just needs another bottle even if its already had one! something suttle

Please say something. Privately. Either send her a private message or ring her!

Poor little thing. :( I had a heated discussion with a friend when I picked Bug up when she was crying in the hospital as I wasn't prepared to leave her to cry. All she wanted was a cuddle.

Fiery, definitely PM her. I'd just ensure you're speaking with empathy and be kind rather than judgmental and harsh. Goes without saying, I know, but if she gets defensive, which is likely because she's exhausted, she may not take the advice :(

I LOVE baby groups here. Yeah, some of the moms are a little over the top, but generally I've made really great friends.

I agree...definitely PM her. A friend of mine let her 6 week old CIO for an hour and a half when she was 6 weeks old. Not cool.

we don't really do CIO and certainly wouldn't do it with one so young. Millie wouldn't sleep in the moses basket at first so she was with me. Only way we could get her to sleep.

I've done CIO, at 8 months though! It was for everyones sanity lol. But I'd never do it with a tiny baby :nope:

CIO is the devil unless it works.

My effing cat will NOT STOP MAKING NOISE

Ugh my cat does that too. We have to get her fixed..but when she's in heat she is so annoying. Of course she meows all night too...I regret 'rescuing' her sometimes :haha:

He's fixed. He's just wanting to play with his hard ball on the hardwood; he's knocked over the baby gate with a nice crash, he's mewing because I took his ball away....

Ugh, Lane is regressing with her wake time again. The last several days it's been back to 0530, now it's 0513 and I hear her. It's not even light out :cry:

Callum's been doing that the past few days too...waking at 5am, it actually made me think of you and that thread you made in BC, haha.

I was checking out Facebook, one of ny friends just had a baby four days ago. She won't sleep in the bassinet, and everyone is advising her to CIO and she is doing it, the baby just cried for 20 minutes straight. I feel sad for the poor little girl :(

I agree...definitely PM her. A friend of mine let her 6 week old CIO for an hour and a half when she was 6 weeks old. Not cool.

Jeez, I don't know how someone could think CIO with a baby that young would be beneficial. Here's a hint- if your newborn is crying for an hour and a half, he or she NEEDS something! (Of course unless there's colic or something, but even then they still need support!)

But then again, I've been told a cuddle or attention isn't a "need" at that young of an age.

Apparently, once a baby is out of the womb, it turns into a mini adult and doesn't need anything anymore.

I was checking out Facebook, one of ny friends just had a baby four days ago. She won't sleep in the bassinet, and everyone is advising her to CIO and she is doing it, the baby just cried for 20 minutes straight. I feel sad for the poor little girl :(

Jeez, I don't know how someone could think CIO with a baby that young would be beneficial. Here's a hint- if your newborn is crying for an hour and a half, he or she NEEDS something! (Of course unless there's colic or something, but even then they still need support!)

But then again, I've been told a cuddle or attention isn't a "need" at that young of an age.

Apparently, once a baby is out of the womb, it turns into a mini adult and doesn't need anything anymore.

Well yeah! You can send them out to work and everything. once they are crawling you can send them up the chimneys! got to pay their way after all!

Robinator, NOOOO

With the CIO thing, I usually just take the scientific approach and explain that a newborn doesn't have object permanence, so CIO means nothing to them. They're just going to cry more or pass out from exhaustion, neither of which you want. IT WON'T WORK.

Well, I'm off to make breakfast, I guess. *big fat sigh*

What's for breakfast? It's 8:22am here and I'm starving.

I had a good baby last night. Slept from about 8:30am - 7:00am, waking up twice to eat. But I can handle that. The night prior was a NIGHTMARE. So I'm sure since she slept so nicely tonight, that I am in for another nightmare tonight. At least I'm more rested!

I tried letting my bird CIO
But I covered her cage instead.
Then she thought it was night-time
and just went straight to bed.

Ugh last night was just, ugh. Up every hour to eat-and being smacked to death with all his little 9lb baby might. Poor thing was sooo gassy.

Ugh last night was just, ugh. Up every hour to eat-and being smacked to death with all his little 9lb baby might. Poor thing was sooo gassy.

:(

I hate when they have gas! I feel so bad!

And poor you for being up every hour... :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->