• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Simply having too much fun

well I'm off to bed, via the shower. Just put the chickens away and found a mite on me (thought we had killed the buggars) so now have to shower as feeling itchy, like i am crawling with red mite so feeling pretty disgusting (i'm pretty sure I'm not crawling with red mite, in case anyone think i have cooties!)

I have chicken-envy!

We're in the process of looking to buy a place with a backyard, and as soon as we are settled in properly, I am setting up a hutch and run! God knows what the dogs will make of chickens, but they got used to a baby, so I'm sure they'll adjust!

I just deep cleaned my bathroom. Fucking disgusting. OH gets to do it next time.

Ugh, I feel this way too but unfortunately I think OH would probably just sell up and move before resorting to deep-cleaning. When I first moved in with him, he was actually going to buy a new washing machine because "the old one's broken, it keeps leaving gross stuff on the sheets". This was only a seven-year-old machine, so I asked him when he last cleaned it.

You can imagine his surprise... :dohh:

My husband has a freak-out deep clean about twice a year, when he gets all 'How can I *sleep* when there's so much to do?!?' So pretty much like me every day.

Yeah I'll probably end up doing it again next time too. We've lived in this apartment for 2 years now and he has never once cleaned the bathroom or our bedroom. And since our second bedroom has become Callum's room...so over a year now...he hasn't cleaned that either. He cleaned out all the old stuff, painted it, and assembled the furniture but then after that it was all on me. But he does deal with all the animals, and I'd rather clean our bedroom/bathroom than clean out mouse and snake/lizard shit. Especially because all of our snakes are really bitey. He also kills the mice (they're snake food, not pets), which I can't even watch him do let alone do myself.

We want chickens too when we buy a place. Not for eggs though...but because I plan on having snakes that need to eat chickens because nothing else is big enough.

I'm coming across totally heartless but it comes from a place of snake love. I've gotten much softer about the rodent killing since becoming a mother though.

Yep, we have 5 chickens. I love them, although they HAVE to let you know when they are laying, and they are early layers. Sure the neighbours love me!

We have them in a run that is 6ft high, 4ft deep and 12ft long. I used to let them free range but they ate EVERYTHING that is green so for the sake of my garden and herbs they are now only allowed out for 5 mins a day when I do a quick clean, then 30mins one day when i do a proper clean. I do spoil them, so they often get fresh fruit and veg and once a week I give them live crickets, but you can give them a lot of leftovers and things.

We get between 3 and 5 eggs a day so give my sister a lot and sell the excess. To me an old egg now is about 4 days old. Problem is they are lovely to eat but too fresh for baking, so i'm not baking as much now. I would recommend them to anyone. You don't need a lot of space. If we ever go to a bigger garden I will get more and maybe some ducks too.

We also have a dog and 2 cats but the menagerie is smaller than it was. Last year we had 3 cats, a dog, a chameleon, a fishtank and the 5 chickens!

I want a chicken. I'd name him Alfie. Or is that a rooster?!

Ha-ha, couldn't have a rooster on his own though so would have to get him some girls to keep him company. Roosters are rampant though, so maybe the name Alfie would suit? :haha:

Where have all the original girls from this thread gone? I know some have obviously 'left us' but lots of the others are missing in action too!

I noticed that too......come back.........:flower:

A few of us originals probably won't be returning to this group. We're sad and disappointed by the events that have occurred and even more upset by the people, who we considered friends, being less than supportive and then suddenly trying to be friends again. Those who fall in this category will be able to identify themselves.

I will still be around the forum, hopefully providing support, guidance, friendships and laughs to members. The occasional limerick will hopefully be thrown in.

Thank you so much to the majority here who have given me laughs, support and brought general joy to my day. See you around the forum :)

Given Atomic Pink's politely issued request earlier, I will not discuss further. AP, I hope this post is acceptable? Please let me know ASAP if it is not, and I will edit.

:flower:

Aww sad to see you go :(

I'll still be around here if anyone wants to chat :)

I'm here tooooooo. I think I'm stuck here lol. Monday funday :rolleyes: Don't want to be at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see you all here!

Hope your LO is feeling better soon, Welshoneemma

Constipated babies are so sad, seriously.

I'm good today, not so happy it's Monday. Blah. I feel like I sorely need a vacation, but I kind of ALWAYS feel that way :haha:

My boss is out of the office, but of course I have a late appointment so I can't duck out. Boooo!

I'm dying to get home and watch "Game of Thrones"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->