Single Mom by Choice

Thank you love!
Im so anxious for my first ultrasound visit , so I can hear the heartbeat and see how my baby looks . Plus I want to be able to tell my dad he's going to be a grandpa for the first time , as well as the rest of my family(I haven't told anyone yet)
How are you?

Your'e first ultrasound is way exciting. Will you have an early one? Because I went to a clinic I was given and ultrasound 6 weeks after insemination (so officially 8 weeks gestation) - saw my tiny wee jelly baby like son, and although it was very early on, saw his heart pulsing away. It makes the whole thing so much more real, honestly, until I saw it snuggled up in me I wasn't 100% convinced I was really pregnant.

I'm still trying to find a doctor , I'd love an early ultrasound so I can hear the heartbeat and see my little bean . I'm so anxious , I can't wait!

I hope you find somewhere - maybe even approaching a fertility clinic and seeing if they would do a confirmation scan? You'd need to pay I'm sure but worth it.

I found a place in the city that will do it at 6 weeks , but I'm having the worst time finding a doctor , google is not being helpful at all

I found a place in the city that will do it at 6 weeks , but I'm having the worst time finding a doctor , google is not being helpful at all

I'm not sure where you are? In the UK we'd go through our GP rather than sourcing a Dr ourselves. You can go private in which case I'd take advice from a fertility clinic about who's best to see.

It might be worth posting a thread on hear, maybe on the 'assisted conception' or other conception strands, saying where you are and if anyone can make a recommendation. There are ladies from all over the world on this site and I've seen similar posts.

Is it an internal scan you'll have? That's what I had at 6 weeks as it was a cleared image and more likely to see the heart beat. I wish I'd realised it was internal before I went as I'd spent the morning filling my bladder - I was bursting by the time I arrived only to be asked to go to the toilet and empty it before they began!

Im near Atlanta Georgia . I actually posted something on here seeing if there were any ladies in this area , but didn't get any responses . So my search continues

I'm a single mom and I can say from my experience it's so much easier to not have to take care of house (and I mean all of it including taxes and repairs), kids and an adult child who only wants to work and take off on weekends with his friends.

However, that being said, my kids suffer because we can't be a family. My 2 oldest kid's dad cheated and lied so much and also threatened to take them away from me (and I was the one taking care of everybody) and my youngest has a diff father whom they never met (he took off while I was pregnant). It's hard for my kids and I always do my best but sometimes it's just not enough when they are missing that important piece of their genealogy.

Just like the episode on Dr.Phil I think where the girl was so angry at her mothers because she wanted a dad (and I mean she was mad and stated her mothers were so selfish in not thinking about what she would want), don't forget you're not the only human in this, they matter too. They may not be able to vocal early on, but just wait till they get older...

Humans have this innate ability to think they are doing good when in fact they are actually being selfish with Ego. Life is never easy I know but everyone wants a say in their life and how it's done, no matter the age.

I'm a single mom and I can say from my experience it's so much easier to not have to take care of house (and I mean all of it including taxes and repairs), kids and an adult child who only wants to work and take off on weekends with his friends.

However, that being said, my kids suffer because we can't be a family. My 2 oldest kid's dad cheated and lied so much and also threatened to take them away from me (and I was the one taking care of everybody) and my youngest has a diff father whom they never met (he took off while I was pregnant). It's hard for my kids and I always do my best but sometimes it's just not enough when they are missing that important piece of their genealogy.

Just like the episode on Dr.Phil I think where the girl was so angry at her mothers because she wanted a dad (and I mean she was mad and stated her mothers were so selfish in not thinking about what she would want), don't forget you're not the only human in this, they matter too. They may not be able to vocal early on, but just wait till they get older...

Humans have this innate ability to think they are doing good when in fact they are actually being selfish with Ego. Life is never easy I know but everyone wants a say in their life and how it's done, no matter the age.

What a strange post to add to such an amazingly positive and supportive thread!

I am very sorry to hear that your personal relationships have not worked in the way you very obviously hoped they would, and I'm even sorrier to hear that you feel this has effected the lives of your lovely children as they grow into adulthood. I can only offer you all the best for your future, in the same was I always hope for a wonderful life and future for all of the women who post on this thread - however, and why ever, they have chosen to conceive and raise there families in the way the have. Good luck to you:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->