sippy cups?

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
when did you begin using one? I found some that are beginner, 4+ months... I dont know how a 4 month old can use one though lol.

we started around 5 months. And honestly Hannah still has problems using it although she's slowly getting better. what type are you looking at? I've found the Nuby ones to be really good (has a handle so it's easier for Hannah to grip)

I introduced it around 5month, and trust me they know what to do with them!!! He knew what to do from the moment he saw it. We got that nuby one https://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-32804562559416_2042_1493375

Good luck :)

yep we have the same! only in green ;)

we've been trying since 6months! maddi just doesn't really like it! i should really push the issue more! x

we hand it to Hannah (with water in it) after every meal. Sometimes she plays with it, sometimes she drinks

we hand it to Hannah (with water in it) after every meal. Sometimes she plays with it, sometimes she drinks

thanks vickie, think i might try this again, i think i should! honestly i have about 8 of things in my cupboard (no lie :blush:) x

just make sure you have a good bib on her as I guarantee some will get spit out :lol:

I got this heinz one that is supposed to be a no-spill cup and it said beginner... but I dont think she can use it haha... I did try drinking out of it because I was wondering how it was no spill... but still easy enough for a 4 month old to drink from... And it actually is quite easy. But I may get the nuby ones you guys posted... I have seen beginner cups that have both a nipple attachment and a spout attachment too?

just make sure you have a good bib on her as I guarantee some will get spit out :lol:

I agree!! Josh takes pleasure out of biting the nipple and let the water run on the sides of his mouth :dohh::dohh: makes him laugh !

Hannah squeezes the nipple with her hands and watches it drip out :lol:

Honestly, we tried Colton around 6 months and he wasn't getting it at all. He hated them. It took us about 3 different cups and giving up.
When he was about 8 months old I noticed he started sucking things off his spoons. A bit later I thought: duh, straws! So, about 9.5-10 months we got him a straw sippy and he took right too it.

Before that we tried the no spill ones and he would just suck on them because they were soft (but you had to bite them to get it out), and we tried the hard spout ones, but he wanted to bite those (and you were supposed to suck) :dohh:
The straw ones you bite and suck, and for some reason he got that.. :lol:

we tried a few with Alasdair. The ones he likes are the ones that are free flow, so they will spill out but they're suppose to be better for their teeth so I'm not bothered. He also has a transitional beaker which looks like a MAM spout but instead of it going into the mouth like a teat, it goes in sideways. It works really well.

we have a tomme tippie free flow one and jack loves it been using it since about 5 months i think x

This is a good thread, I was wondering about sippy cups. Honestly I can't believe my baby is old enough for them :(

We have this one in green
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B000HSXM1E/ref=dp_otherviews_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&img=1
Amelia did take a few attempts at using it but she has been holding it and drinking from it by herself since about 5mnths old.

This is a good thread, I was wondering about sippy cups. Honestly I can't believe my baby is old enough for them :(

i no amy :cry:

we tried a different one again from my cupboard of many sippy cups :rofl: and i forget to pop the thing in when putting it back together and poor maddi was covered in hipp mineral water :rofl: lucky she laughed :rofl: though she seems to like this one :)

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ng=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=118567031&mcb=core

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->