sippy cups?

i gave her a sippy cup when we started weaning so about a month ago i just give it to her and she knows what to do with it, i found that better just to let them get on with it and they learn on there own. worked with ellie and emma.

I have a tommee tippee free flowing cup and at 4 months my baby knew what to do with it ..... but the water flowed out too fast and I think it frightened him every time! I think it was about 6 1/2 months before he could drink from it without nearly drowning!

Tabs drinks from a beaker she refuses bottles so i have no choice, but she never had a problem and loves that she can hold it. :)

I'm not giving her a sippy cup! 3 of my little cousin's teeth are pushed forward because of them, and the 8 year olds new teeth are coming in funny too and his mom blames those cups. I'm not sure if thats the reason for the adult teeth but I'm not risking it.

I haven't figured out what I'll give her yet! She's gonna learn to use a straw real quick I think

Anything a baby drinks from thats like a bottle damages teeth, i dont know about growth but for decay. Bottles are worse though, its just how long they're left to chew and suck on them :shrug: everything is bad for us.

^ agreed! It is anything that the baby has to suck on and the sucking action. I used a sippy cup only from 10 months and my teeth are perfect... never had braces!

I'm paranoid cause her...sperm donor...has ugly ass teeth and I'll do anything to prevent it :rofl:

we've got a tommee tippee free flow beaker, but it flows too quickly for elliot at the moment and soaks him!

keely.

We started using a sippy cup at 6 months and DS didn't do very well with the gerber one's where you have to suck really hard, he had no idea what to do and just chewed on it like a chew toy, then we tried the Tilty sippy cup and he got it right away and it doesn't have a valve so they don't have to suck hard and it doesn't mess up their teeth.

we really liked the Tilty he is still using it now and is 13 months old and it still seems to work really well we also give it to our 5 year old because she tends to knock her drink over by accident a lot.

good luck and you might want to give the Tilty cup a try

We started Dec on his sippy at 4 months, he had the hang of it in a matter of days, I totally refused to give him anything but milk in his bottle so when I started to wean he had to have a sippy because he would need more fluids, he loved it, Here he is at 4.5 months drinking away, as you can see the sippy is almost bigger than his face :rofl:

Jacob has had one since about 3.5months for water, at first he didnt have a clue but now he drinks from it no problem :) XxxX

we have a Doidy cup for Charlie. He uses it really well considering its got no lid!

The only problem I have is getting him to swallow whats in his mouth rather than spit!

https://s7v1.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/230409356?$gallery$

Mel x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"