Slimming for bump ~ month two! February

Ugh. I wasn't going to post but we agreed at the beginning that we would talk about problems and stuff, and look out for each other... Im just feeling so ashamed of myself. Ill put this under spoiler. Please please don't look if you have an eating disorder or our in recovery, or generally don't want to know what a fucking idiot i am.

I have been doing really well keeping myself safe. As you may or my not know, i have struggled with eating disorders for years. However, i have been trying to be healthy and sensible.

Today, for no reason i binged and purged. I feel dirty, and pathetic and like i've failed. How can I have a baby when im so horrible and selfish. I feel like shit, and i just cant stop crying. I though i was 'better', but im just rubbish :cry:

You mustn't think like that. Everybody has bad days. I've done that in the past, one of the side effects of my stomach problems is that i can make myself sick really easy. So sometimes i encourage it if i feel i've eaten too badly. Everyone makes mistakes. You can't punish yourself for them.

And you deserve a baby as much as the next person, if not more so. You're one of the most kind and caring people i've ever spoken to :hugs: xx

Hope you don't mind if I join too? I've officially been trying to lose weight and tone up since December, and have been working out regularly and watching what I eat but I don't seem to have lost a pound, it's depressing to say the least. I'm battling on though and hopefully i'll start to see some results soon.

Name: Elinor

Height: 5' 7"

Weight (optional): 168 pounds/ 12 stone

BMI: 26.3

Target weight loss: 30-40 pounds

Reason for losing weight: I used to think I was really fat when I was about 10 stone/140lbs, and now wish I was back at that weight. Clothes fit better, I felt healthier and had more self confidence, none of which I have now!

Weakness's: Chocolate and then any kind of potatoe and chicken.

Type of exercise: The past couple of months I've been going to the gym almost every day, depending on what shift I have at work. I run for about 3 miles every day and have started doing some light arm weights just to tone up. I've signed up for a 5k run in a couple of weeks and that's giving me the motivation to keep running. Every now and again I change it up and cycle for a few miles or do the cross trainer. My stamina has improved and my muscles are definitely more defined but the weight loss just isn't happening.

Ugh. I wasn't going to post but we agreed at the beginning that we would talk about problems and stuff, and look out for each other... Im just feeling so ashamed of myself. Ill put this under spoiler. Please please don't look if you have an eating disorder or our in recovery, or generally don't want to know what a fucking idiot i am.

I have been doing really well keeping myself safe. As you may or my not know, i have struggled with eating disorders for years. However, i have been trying to be healthy and sensible.

Today, for no reason i binged and purged. I feel dirty, and pathetic and like i've failed. How can I have a baby when im so horrible and selfish. I feel like shit, and i just cant stop crying. I though i was 'better', but im just rubbish :cry:

:hugs: hon.Dont be harsh on yourself.Recovery is so f**king hard and IMO once youve had an eating disorder you are never fully without it.You have had one slip up in the whole time we have been doing this and you are doing riduculously well!As long as you keep it to this one slip up and dont let it take over then I think you should just file it away in your brain as a 'mad 5 minutes not to be repeated'
You have had a LOT going on lately with planning the wedding and everything and you said to me yourself the other day that you were feeling overwhelmed.In my experience eating disorders are sneaky,its when you feel overwhelmed or a bit down that they sneak in and try to take over.Dont give in to it,you are fabulous and gorgeous and you dont need to go back down that route.
As for 'How can I have a baby when im so horrible and selfish?' The whole reason you are losing weight is for a baby so youre definitely not selfish and I think every single person whos ever spoken to you on this forum would agree that you are one of least horrible people EVER.Sending you lots of love and I hope you know Im here if you need me xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so so much girls. I was worried you would hate me :shy:. These things make us think crazy things. Im feeling better today, and determined that it was just a slip up, and never again.

Though, im pretty sure my body is trying to kill me. I've lost 2lbs today. lol.

If any of you girls want to talk about things too, im always here. Thank you :hugs:

Ohhh.. on the plus side...
Ive lost 4.0 points on my BMI! :happydance: Only another 6 to go.

I ate too much today, and was really greedy - BUT, i didnt do anything silly. Im just going to try harder tomorrow :D

Thats not to bad sweets, as long as you didnt have a whole packet of them, thats what id do. lol :hugs:

it is cos i went out for tea lastnight and had choc fudge cake and ice cream so needed to be good today. I go to fat club tomorro so il have to see.

I don't wanna read this thread anymore, makes me feel really bad about what i've eaten :( Lol.

I will get my head back into it properly when i move out. Which hopefully will be soon xx

Hey, just got in from fat club and iv lost 2lb this week-1st 3 alltogether.
Oh is a bit gutted, i was his first week this week and hes only lost half a lb.

I'm such a binge comfort eater - I'm NEVER going to lose anything!! :( Having said that, work's been so busy I've hardly had time to eat all week so maybe the scales will be kind this weekend....??

And Drazic, please don't beat yourself up - I'm sure most women have struggled with food at some point in their lives. As for not deserving a baby that's sooo not true! You seem like a lovely, lovely person and the fact that you worry like this means you have all the makings to be a great mum! Chin up chick, hope you're feeling more positive about things now xx
:hug:

Heyy!

Well i figured last week I should take the plunge and weigh myself and loose weight.. so here goes:

Name: Laura / loz / Lou / lauzi

Height: 5' 5"

Weight (optional): ... 149.9

BMI: 24.9

Target weight loss: I would Like to loose 1 stone and tone up!! (it is likely this will change around my period! LOL)

Reason for losing weight: Okay, so when I get up in the morning all i think about is being FAT FAT FAT, i Hate getting changed infront of OH as I get embarrased (despite being together for 3 years), and I basically just want to wake up one day and feel confident and happy with myself.

Weakness's: CHOCOLATE!!! toast! I love carbs as well! Oops!

Type of exercise: I do quite a bit of exercise, and have increased it to 6 times per week. I walk to uni (30-40mins x 3 times per week) Play netball, Hockey, Football, Rugby (everyweek), Volleyball (starts this coming weds) and do circuit training every now and then on a thurs! however, i tend to just wake up with sore muscles as opposed to weight loss! haha

I don't wanna read this thread anymore, makes me feel really bad about what i've eaten :( Lol.

I will get my head back into it properly when i move out. Which hopefully will be soon xx

You wil find it soo much easier when you are in control of what you can buy, plus if ur house is anything like mine (6brothers and 2 sisters) then you wont have a choice what you eat, you get what you get. When you move out you can plan what to eat and make some lovely meals, and even little things such as grilling chicken and steaming veg will make you that little but more healthier! Just keep thinking about that, and by the look of ur pics u look slim slender and healthy already!!! :o)

Best of Luck

xxxx

Hey, just got in from fat club and iv lost 2lb this week-1st 3 alltogether.
Oh is a bit gutted, i was his first week this week and hes only lost half a lb.

woop woop well done!!!

Awr tell your OH not too worry, im sure he will loose it before long! Best of luck
xxx

woop woop well done!!!

Awr tell your OH not too worry, im sure he will loose it before long! Best of luck
xxx

Thanks, My oh works in a call center and gets the bus there are back so dosent do a lot of exercise so iv told him he has to get of his fat bum and walk to work.

yeah definately a bit of walking everyday is really healthy and Im sure once he starts noticing the weight dropping off he'll be motivated to carry on!

xxxxxxx

I've lost nothing again this week :dohh: but will definitely be walking to and from work when the weather perks up - that's the best exercise ever as far as I'm concerned!! You get time to de-stress and clear your head, as well as losing weight without sweat and pain...not that I'm lazy! ;) I lost over a stone and a half a few summers ago just by walking for an hour, 4 times a week.

Roll on spring is all I can say - is it just me or does winter make you just want to sit around in the warm with a cup of tea and biccies/chocolate/cake (delete as applicable!!) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->