Slimming World Syners Sept 2010

Anyway, now that I have both hands back... I can't believe I've been doing SW on and off for over 8 years and I only heard about syn free crisps last night!!
For anyone living in 'darkness' like I was...
Take a spud, don't need to peel it really (waste of time if yuou ask em!) and slice it thinly - a mandolin or cheese slicer - spray a plate with fry lite then lay out slices in a single layer and spray more frylite. You can season them now or leave out the salt if they're for kids.
Fire them in the microwave for 3 mins on high, then take them out, turn slices (watch out the plate will be SERIOUSLY hot!) then another 3 mins on high... I was astonished, but it actually worked! You might need to twek the timings a bit depending on size of plate and power of microwave - 2 and a half is better in ours... enjoy!! My consultant assures me they're free on green or extra easy!!

i have them altho i cook mine in the oven peel if wanted slice into chips or wedges if want skin on put in water and boil on hob for about 4 mins until water in warm don't boil as they will be like mush drain and paper towel press dry fry light pan spread chips out frylight chips i add salt and pep or cajun for wedges for a nice change then i put in a pre heated 200 oven for approx 15 mins lush

0.5lb loss this week 11lbs lost so far and 13 lbs to go

Anyway, now that I have both hands back... I can't believe I've been doing SW on and off for over 8 years and I only heard about syn free crisps last night!!
Take a spud, don't need to peel it really (waste of time if yuou ask em!) and slice it thinly - a mandolin or cheese slicer - spray a plate with fry lite then lay out slices in a single layer and spray more frylite. You can season them now or leave out the salt if they're for kids.
Fire them in the microwave for 3 mins on high, then take them out, turn slices (watch out the plate will be SERIOUSLY hot!) then another 3 mins on high... I was astonished, but it actually worked! You might need to twek the timings a bit depending on size of plate and power of microwave - 2 and a half is better in ours... enjoy!! My consultant assures me they're free on green or extra easy!!

i have them altho i cook mine in the oven peel if wanted slice into chips or wedges if want skin on put in water and boil on hob for about 4 mins until water in warm don't boil as they will be like mush drain and paper towel press dry fry light pan spread chips out frylight chips i add salt and pep or cajun for wedges for a nice change then i put in a pre heated 200 oven for approx 15 mins lush

oh yes, i've done those too! wedges especially - these are totally like crisps instead of chips though!!

oh yes, i've done those too! wedges especially - these are totally like crisps instead of chips though!!

oh thanks so much for putting that on about the crisps i have not heard of that one but i've just made some and they are lovely only problem though my dh also loves them so I have to share :cry:

well done on the losses ladies :)

well i had tea in spoons and i had 5 bean chilli with a few tortilla chips and apparantly its around 5 syns for it all and it was tasty :) had a small glass of rose too. making leek an potato soup for work tomorrow. Determined to shed this weight. Beyond desperate to be pregnant now so thats my incentive xxx

well done on the losses ladies :)

well i had tea in spoons and i had 5 bean chilli with a few tortilla chips and apparantly its around 5 syns for it all and it was tasty :) had a small glass of rose too. making leek an potato soup for work tomorrow. Determined to shed this weight. Beyond desperate to be pregnant now so thats my incentive xxx

great incentive good luck :hugs:

This is my 1st week of slimming world, weigh in on Wednesday :happydance:

Welcome and good luck. You will love it :)

For brekky today i have eaten 2 slices toast(heb) with a scraping of marge and jam(syned) and fruit. For lunch i am having leek an potato soup and yogurt.
Tea will be lean mince with pasta and homemade sauce :)
I am feeling really back on track now, something clicked again the other day and everytime i want junk i picture myself pregnant and that wins everytime. Ob a major quest to get my bmi to 30 by feb 2011 so we can book in for fertility appt :) xxx

For brekky today i have eaten 2 slices toast(heb) with a scraping of marge and jam(syned) and fruit. For lunch i am having leek an potato soup and yogurt.
I am feeling really back on track now, something clicked again the other day and everytime i want junk i picture myself pregnant and that wins everytime. Ob a major quest to get my bmi to 30 by feb 2011 so we can book in for fertility appt :) xxx

Looks like you have the right attitude hun and i'm sure you will do very well before Feb 2011. You always just need that pull of something that makes Slimming seem so much more important :)

How much do you need to lose to get to 30? I need to lose 12lbs to get to 30 and 40lbs to get to 25 ooft :dohh: xx

Thank you! It's taken me a few days to get used to it so have been going over on my syns and I also have extra HE As and Bs as i'm breastfeeding I've discovered.

Today I had:
B - Bran flakes & soya milk & a banana
snack - 6 almonds and some raisins
L - Tuna, broccoli & cherry tomato pasta
snack - small milkyway
D - Free beef chilli and rice

Wished I'd saved some syns for a sweet snack this evening though... Friday night in and I'm used to puddings. Meh! :munch:

Looks like you have the right attitude hun and i'm sure you will do very well before Feb 2011. You always just need that pull of something that makes Slimming seem so much more important :)

How much do you need to lose to get to 30? I need to lose 12lbs to get to 30 and 40lbs to get to 25 ooft :dohh: xx

Thanks hun :)
I have to loose a LOT before i hit 30... around 2.5 stones, but im determined to get there for the sake of meeting our baby that is waiting in the wings:cloud9: xxx

How is everyone doing this wkend?

I had a huge brunch but all allowed so was well happy :) I made gammon steak, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and toast.

For a treat i have had a 2 finger kit kat and for tea my dh is cooking jollof rice, goat and a homemade sauce with plantain :) mmmm. I feel sooo into the plan again. Im glad iv got my wilpower back :) xxx

Im doing fine thanks hun. Im feelin very motivated this week after a 2lb gain last week. Ive not had one slip yet? Im currently clutchin a glass of wine but it is fully syned and in my allowance :) xx

Weeel this time 5 weeks. I have stopped and started about 5 times but like i said before im determined this time coz it means more to lose the weight than just lookin better xx

:hi: all!

I haven't posted in a while - been shying away from it!! I stayed the same the week before last which wsa lucky - I had a bad eating week. Bread and cheese started sneaking in along with the odd bar of chocolate.

That carried on to last week but not as much and I put on 1lb.

That was the kick I needed. Got to work early on Weds and went to Tesco and stocked up on fruit. Got myself apples, pears, kiwis and bananas which I worked my way through for the rest of the week. It really helping having a supply of fruit for when I got peckish. I'll be doing the same again on Monday morning.

So my stats for the front page are 1lb gain, lost 7lb so far and think I have 41lb to go to my first goal which I'll re-think when I get there!

Weeel this time 5 weeks. I have stopped and started about 5 times but like i said before im determined this time coz it means more to lose the weight than just lookin better xx

Yeah me too but deffo in it for the long haul now. Just cannot wait to see my bmi hit 30 so we can be referred to the fertility clinic and finally get on that waiting list for ivf :) i wanted snacks tonight so i ate a few satsumas and a apple so really proud of myself that i didnt cave and hit the sweets! lol.

xxx

morning all, had a so-so weekend... 24 hours off plan, which is very unlike me. But I'm not too mad at myself as I knew it was likely to happen and it was controlled not binging, which for me is a big step.
Hopefully one day out of the week means I could still maintain or even lose this week!

Aw hun i wouldn't worry to much about it. I purposfully give myself one day a week where i have a treat. It's usually a takeway. I find if i don't give myself a treat then i fall off the wagon in fab style and binge the whole week.

As long as you have been good the rest of the week the flexible syn system will kick in and you should be fine. I have barely any syns during the week and i use my syns for things like sugar in my tea and marg on my toast so don't use that many on a day to day basis xx

hi ya hunnies i lost i lb last week so just half a lb then got my one an half stone award only i was eaning last week bf and this week have completly stopped bf so have knocked my a and b's back down to normal only went on my wii yesterday and it says i've gained 1lb WTF gutted mom said it may go before tomorrow but we'll see :cry: i'd be ok if i'd been bad but i've been sooo fricken good and and gold body magic if i've gained i will drop off wagon nxt week i know me to well lol my wii is usually the same as slimming world recording gains or losses etc so i'm bumm'd right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->