smep rainbow babies

Ahh thank you, I can't wait either!! Hurry up baby w!! We are team yellow and have changed our minds on names SO many times! It's really hard. We have a couple of choices for each now. Will probably decide when we see the baby.

Have any of you got names chosen? Who is finding out gender, will anyone be team yellow?

Xx

I want to stay team yellow but OH wants to find out..so I guess we will be finding out :)

We have a boy name picked, Fawkes Phinneus(or Finneus)(not sure which spelling)
but have NO CLUE for a girls name lol

Aww the Moses basket is gorgeous!! What a bargain too, love it!

Jaime I think maybe the heartbeat is also a bit different depending on if baby is awake or asleep as my friend is monitored for gestational diabetes and said it takes ages as they need to read both types.

No signs yet no. It is exciting but up to this week time flew but now I know I'm close it's going slow!! I don't think it will be before the due date, just a feeling!

Yes I completely see why you want to find out bride, hope the time passes quick for you. Yes it's awful having cold/flu isn't it. I had an awful one about 24 weeks and was so miserable. You'll feel much better soon hopefully.

Becky xx

Leaving for my first Appt in an hour! Ahhh sooo nervous/excited . FXED!!!!

Hi Ladies! Mrs W I can't wait to be where you are you're getting so close!!!

JF how was the app?

How is everyone doing!

AFM so so so so so so tired! Actually napped these last 3 days... Think I need to take it slow didn't get back till 3am from the Miss England after party

babe.jpg

Hey Ladies!! Here is the little bean! We saw and heard the heartbeat! So cool! The doctor said all looks good so far and I am measuring 8w 2 days. The heartbeat was 160. Such an amazing experience.. I go back in 4 weeks so FXed everything stays good because I am already so in love with the little kidney bean. We are team yellow as well so we will not be finding out which is going to be hard!!

Thanks for asking!

Helllllllo ladies! I feel like I have been on BnB vacation! Im so glad eveyone is doing sooooo good! Yay for Laura and team pink! Jaime, the hb accuracy was WAY wrong on my bean... so I am still guessing girl for you!

I LOVE the Moses basket! I totally want one but they arent as common on this side of the pond! lol

Bev- u better rest!

Jf- soooo excited for you!! Congrats!!

Haley- I really started out wanting a boy and now I reallywant a girl!! Other side of th pond hahaha!!

Jaime your a lemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JF I bet it was great to see little kidney bean and its heartbeat! 4 weeks isnt long to see it again!

Hey Haley, your a banana!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm a raspberry today!!!!

I am going to see if I get a letter from the midwife today...last time my booking in appointment was at 9 weeks, and had the appointment letter at least 10 days before. I'm starting to get a bit annoyed that I havent had any contact yet!
If the letter doesnt come today I am going to phone the consultant and ask for an appointment. He did say when I saw him in January that if I needed to go and see him to discuss anything it would be fine to make an appointment. So I've just got to get through his secretary! I have been reading some of the research into Pprom I did and it says about having a transvaginal US at 9 weeks for a base measurement - so I will take all the info I have along & try and get a scan earlier than 12 weeks, as I am 99.9% sure it was my cervix that gave way last time, and I am not prepared to take any risks this time, given that I had a major warning last time that being pregnant may not be a breeze for me. So thats where I am today - I'm going to get assertive and see what happens!

Its lucky I am off work as the midwife just arrived at my door!! I was going to chase up the fact I had not heard anything today. She said she sent me a letter on 8th June. She is coming back next Fri to collect all my forms. I told her I am getting anxious we are getting married in 4 weeks then going away after, which means if I dont get a scan before we are married then I'll be almost 14 weeks before I get one - which isnt any good as they are supposed to be measuring my cervix. She said she'll put an urgent request in explaining the circumstances! Phew feel totally relieved that I've seen someone - even though it was for 5 minutes just to give me forms, but I feel the process is now starting!

Gemma - that's great she showed up today!!!! I have a question. If your cervix was the problem last time, what do they do to strengthen it?? I hope they get you a scan before your damn wedding!

I can't believe I am a lemon!!!!!

Awesome stuff Gemma!!

Jamie your pregnancy is FLYINGG by I feel like!!

P.S. Pregnancy dreams are CRAZY and scary!!!

yes, JF! I feel like its flying by!

So, I have a confession... I got overwhelmed last night and cried a bit... My husband and I had a great night out and on the way home I started crying because I realized that in less than 6 months, I will never be alone with him ever again. Don't get me wrong... I am sooooo ready and excited for my first baby but it just made me a little sad that our relationship is going to change and it will never be just the two of us... at least not for another like 20 years! I guess I don't want to share him!

Awwww thats totally normal to have those feelings! I totally hear ya.. I said that to my hubby last night too like we need to soak up all the time we have of being a family of just 2. Alot of people say they cant even remember what it was like to just be with their hubbys after they have kids.

Although how excited are you to see your hubs with the babe! It will just melt my lil heart lol

Yesss i cant wait. My husband had never been round babies so im so excited. Hes the biggest mush too so im gonna love it!

Jaime that is totally normal, but let me give you a piece of advice, after baby is born, ALWAYS do date night at least once a month! It will help with the change of things, as the change will seem crazy sometimes :)
I can't believe how far you are either, you will know the gender soon!!!

Bride, can't wait til you get your scan! Will they have to do a cervical cerclage?

JF so happy about your little bean :) Looks great!

Emily, luckily we have tons of fam nearby so we will def have to do date nights!

Jaime I think the feeling is very normal, it freaked me out last time that we were going to lose our 'freedom' and its never going to be the same again - that we will always have to worry about and consider the kids. Then I felt guilty when we lost him. But again I have had feelings of this is it, never will we be the same again. I think its totally normal. Yes date nights sound like they are a must!!!!!

Well the doctors dont think it was my cervix - but I do, I had contractions leading up to Pprom so my guess is it was my cervix that gave way. I just have to convince them to closely monitor every 2 weeks at least after the 12 weeks scan (if I can get a base line reading before - then even better) If it does look like my cervix is funnelling then than can place a cerclage (a stitch) to keep it closed. I cant see why if I feel so strongly why they wouldnt monitor it. Because they didnt see me until after my waters broke they cant say if it was or wasnt. So my argument is that it could be and I'm not risking it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->