smoking and drinking

CharlottePS

Reaction score
Hi. I've been worrying about this concern. I didn't know I was pregnant until my 5th week, based on my LMP. I was drinking alcohol and smoking at that time till I reached the 5th week. Once I knew, I stopped right away. Would it affect my baby?:dohh:

With my first I found out I was pregnant after the Christmas and new year period. I was really worried as I drank a huge amount over that period including one night where I nearly passed out. My boy is a very healthy, lively 2 year old now! I think as long as you've stop now, your baby will be fine. I think it's only if you continue to drink and smoke throughout pregnancy that it can cause problems.

I was terrified of the same thing....before I found out I went on a weekend away with my partner and we had about 5 bottles of champagne and lots of wine! I used the hot tub, sauna and had a massage! Plus I ate shellfish and goats cheese! I know! Just had 20 week scan and she is perfect :) xxx

good to know that! goodluck with your pregnancy and congratulations! another thing, do you wear make up and use deodorant? because I do. those aren't bad right ?

I am sure everything will be fine! X millions of women have no clue they are pregnant and have happy healthy children after doing all sorts of stuff x

You should be fine, but make sure you mention it at your first appointment and be openly honest. The more info the Dr has the better advice they can give you. Deodorant and make up are perfectly fine. I would just avoid hair dye until around second trimester. Good Luck!

Don't worry, with my first son he was a complete surprise (on birth control and not in a relationship) and I was smoking a pack a day or more, plus I definitely drank and was smoking marijuana (legally where I was) and I took a test at about 6-7 weeks because my roommate pushed me to, and I stopped everything as soon as they came back positive.. He is 4 now and amazingly smart and handsome and perfect..I worried about it for a long time but the doctors urged me not to, especially after the first scan... So long as you stopped I wouldn't worry

I think you'll be fine. I remember my mw telling me that some women don't find out they're pregnant until much later in their pregnancy and they've been smoking and drinking and eating foods that should be avoided and the babies have been fine.
You gave up at 5 weeks so that's really good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->