smoking**rant**

Uvlollypop

finally a mum
Reaction score
i understand what its like to smoke im an ex smoker but why do people smoke at full bus stops when there are babies in prams and pregnant women standing there.
when i smoked i used to walk away from bus stops to light up stupid women today smoking blowing their smoke over babies in prams etc. i honestly thought i was going to vomit it was really nasty do people really think thats an ok thing to do??

im an ex smoker myself n i always used to walk away from pregnant woman and children when i wanted a fag, wen i was pregnant i had it loads of times where ppl would smoke right next to me n it made me so angery its not hard for them to move!

I hate that, I to smoke but dont expect for a minute for anyone else to breath my smoke in. i wouldnt smoke aruond my own child or in a room where someone didnt smoke. I know how horrible it is as when I gave up the very smell of it made me sick! And no way would I smoke around a baby, child or anyone that was none smoker. My ex mate used to come in with her 5 year old and he sat beside me smoking one day , I went to put out my smoke and get it away from him and she told me to smoke away! WHAT! you wont me smoking in here when my kid is in the world.

it drives me mad too!

the worst was when i had an OB appointment and two woman, one visibly pregnant and one w/ a small infant in a carrier were smoking AT THE FRONT DOORS. I kid you not, one stood on one side of the door, the other on the other side, smoking away. So you had to walk between them to GET INSIDE THE OB CLINIC!!!! I was so angry! WHO DOES THAT?! It's one thing to smoke while pregnant or in the presence of such a little one, but to do it infront of a maternity hospital and make all other pregnant ladies and their babies smell it too...shocking.

a friend of mine carried on smaoking while pregnant n she moaned that it was hard to quit n said her mw told her it would do more harm than good to quit what bull sh*t!!!!!!

it makes me abit angery when pregnant women smoke cuz yeah its hard to quit but u should do it for ur baby atleast, i think it looks awful i pregnant woman with a fag in her mouth

This is something that irritates me too. I look pregnant now and almost everyday someone lights up RIGHT beside me :(

Its a pain but unfortunately some people are like that :(

ive got home and now i smell like someone elses fag smoke :( lovely

Is a bus stop a public place? was there a shelter? It might be worth enquiring and if it is they should erect signs.

:hugs:

yeah it was a bus shelter. i feel like some kind of smoking hitlar rofl! it really really hacked me off

i feel like people have changed completely in the way they treat pregos like us in general.

I was at my FIL's this weekend and his new GF sparked up a ciggy right beside me and thought nothing of it until DH's grandmother noticed I had an inhaler for asthma and asked me if I was asthmatic. THEN, and only THEN she went outside!!!! :grr: This is their grandbaby and that is the way they treat me. I was shocked. :cry: I asked DH before we even went over if he thought his father would be smoking and he said no.....leave it to the first time I meant FIL's GF...great first impression lady!!!

I did exactly the same when i smoked..i would walk away from bus stops..where i am it's illeagal to smoke in bus stops :) xx

I HATE SMOKERS!!!! 99% of them are so selfish and dont give a crap about other people. its vile

I was a smoker before I found out I was pregnant, but I wasn't inconsiderate of others. I very rarely had one in town, and if I did it was away from others. There are already signs in the bus shelters here that say it is illegal to smoke in them, but people do it anyway and nobody stops them. If they can't get the drivers to stop, I don't see how they'll get the general public to stop either. In the last couple months, we've been held up at least twice on the bus while the driver got out and rolled a cigarette, which would then be smoked right there in the shelter along with the other inconsiderate people who do the same.

I've seen so many mothers around here smoking while pregnant or around their tiny babies, and it shocks me every time. I just don't get it. I was a fairly heavy smoker... well, by my standards, not so much by the standards of other smokers I knew... but for the health of my baby I gave it up entirely. Even before, I didn't smoke in the same room as Jonah. It wasn't fair to make him breathe it. I gave in and started again when Jonah was a couple years old... hopefully this time I will have enough willpower to not go down that road again!! Don't seem to notice how disgusting it really is until you aren't doing it anymore, I suppose.

I know what u mean UV, i totally agree, and im an ex smoker too (5years clear! :happydance:) Its horrible.

When we went away last week with some friends, they both smoke. They get buggering off outside when we were in the club at night, leaving us to look after their LO, and they couldnt wait to get out of the restaurants. They even smoke in the car with the LO in there. I think its all wrong :hissy:

Smoker, non smoker, ex smoker is slightly irrelevant, its the fact of common courtesy and respect for other people thats missing and thats a pretty sad thing.

Pre pregnancy i smoked and was "taught" (so to speak) not to smoke around children, pregnant ladies and even non smokers.

its just manners really, people who smoke (well i did) know that some people are totally replused by the idea of smoking so out of common sence you dont smoke around them.

i wish i had said something yesterday instead i found myself trying to stand as far away as poss in the rain :(

Have you ever thought you should be the one to move, if there where no signs in the shelter, they there where not doing anything wrong.... you go on about respect, you dont have respect for the smoker, then why should they for you. As for people smoking around their kids, I dont think its anybodys business what people do. and as for visiting people, its their home and they can do as they wish.

Have you ever thought you should be the one to move, if there where no signs in the shelter, they there where not doing anything wrong.... you go on about respect, you dont have respect for the smoker, then why should they for you. As for people smoking around their kids, I dont think its anybodys business what people do. and as for visiting people, its their home and they can do as they wish.

It's illegal to smoke in public places, this includes bus shelters. + why should pregnant women or mothers with babies stand in the rain b/c other people don't have the common courtesy to not smoke infront of them.
We don't smoke for a reason, and we shouldn't be forced to breath the smoke from your cigarettes either. Passive smoking does cause damage you know. + as for the 'it's nobodies business' thing, everyone is allowed an opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->