smoking**rant**

Have you ever thought you should be the one to move, if there where no signs in the shelter, they there where not doing anything wrong.... you go on about respect, you dont have respect for the smoker, then why should they for you. As for people smoking around their kids, I dont think its anybodys business what people do. and as for visiting people, its their home and they can do as they wish.

Respect for the smoke? Dont be ridiculous. Why should non smokers have to stand in the rain when inconsiderate smokers are nice and dry in the shelter? What planet do you actually live on? If you choose to ruin your health and stink through smoking thats your choice but other people shouldnt have to suffer for the selfishness of smokers. Its absurd to even suggest that!

So people who dont some are above people who do? So if somebody decides to smoke, that then makes them the shite of the earth... I dont think its me who needs to get into the real world.

So people who dont some are above people who do? So if somebody decides to smoke, that then makes them the shite of the earth... I dont think its me who needs to get into the real world.

I dont think anybody here is calling smokers "shite of the earth" thats slightly extreme. The OP wasnt at all aiming to say that, it was more of a rant about the lack of common courtesey that some smokers seem to have around pregnant women or children

Um nobody said they were 'the shite of the earth' but I seriously think smokers are a bit stupid for smoking, especially the younger people who knew the health risks when they started.

+ Like I said, yes, it's your choice to smoke but I choose not to smoke so why should I have to stand and breathe air you have polluted with your cigarettes? + even worse, why should my babys tiny lungs have to breathe it iin?

If you actually read what I said, I said that its your choice to smoke so you should not inflict it on other people because its not fair. Whats wrong with that? No need to swear is there.

And yes non-smokers rights should come first because after all it is very damaging to peoples health. Common sense really.

when i was a smoker i always hated people makin coments on me smokin i loved smokin (dont ask why lol) i always said we gota die of something n might aswel be something i love haha

well said momin_troll.

Yes I agree with the original OP.... but then everyone jumps on goin on about "i hate smoker" and all that stuff.... is there quite any need. its your choice not to smoke and its smokers choice too do so. they have already been banned from smoking in public places. made to stand outside in all weathers.... I dont see why the none smokers cant be shoved outside if they dont want to breathe in smoke.

well said momin_troll.

Yes I agree with the original OP.... but then everyone jumps on goin on about "i hate smoker" and all that stuff.... is there quite any need. its your choice not to smoke and its smokers choice too do so. they have already been banned from smoking in public places. made to stand outside in all weathers.... I dont see why the none smokers cant be shoved outside if they dont want to breathe in smoke.

Your logic is that of a 12 year old and quite ridiculous.

well said momin_troll.

So what about that pub landlord who died of lung cancer from passive smoking? What would you say to him? Tough luck mate?

And what about the kids that have asthma because their parents smoke around them? Oh yes I forgot thats no1s business because its their kid they can do what they want.

I agree - smoking around anyone who chooses not to smoke or those who can't choose as they're too young is completely wrong. I find it disgusting - it makes ur hair and clothes stink, makes people's teeth go yellow, is so expensive and so SO harmful - no one has the right to inflict that onto another person.

I wish it were more actively policed in public areas so pregnant women like us don't have that to add to our worries about our unborn babies.

If it weren't for the money the government gets from it, it would probably be an illegal drug - I consider it more harmful than cannabis (not that I'd take that either).

lol What a jolly thread! I'm firmly on the side of the vast, rational, majority and think smokers should do it elsewhere or restrain for 30 seconds while vulnerable people are waiting for buses or whatever. I am sick to death of people smoking around em without a second thought. I generally throw a lot of dirty looks. It's bad enough in the street or going into shops now that every doorway and street is stuffed full of smokers, but I get really pissed off at the train station where it is illegal to smoke but everyone does anyway. Usually stood in front of the only empty seats too - brilliant! And why do they seem to walk up to be as if on purpose and then light up right next to me when they could be stood anywhere?!

And Welshcowgirl, I'm afraid I'm also pretty much not sold on your logic. How about if I enjoyed sniffing aerosols, would you find it acceptable for me to do that next to door filling your lungs with butane (whether you were pregnant or not) and risking your heart stopping? The manners and respect for others should always side on what is the natural state and in this case the natural state is air not filled with someone's smoke. It's the same with all things that people do, cars cannot drive on pavements, drinkers cannot drink anywhere nor at any time, smoking is not allowed in public places etc etc.

smokers just really get on my nerves but i'll not start on my page long rant.... but what REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaly gets my goat is when i pick up ds from school i have to walk through the crowd of smokers who block the school gates to access the property...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->