smoking?

Wow, she may actually feel that the way it's worded on the net is better than the way she could word it, many people (inc me) often aren't that great at expressing themselves, no need for this!!!

I had my last cigarette at about 8am this morning, have binned all tobacco, lighters, papers etc, filled my tobacco tin with jewellery instead. Yes I'm gagging for one, but my baby is gagging for a healthy start in life and it's our job to provide them with that.

Good luck to those trying to stop, we can do it for our baby's!! x

Like Loraloo, I went and looked at her previous posts. I think it's a crock.

A midwife should be able to express these things by herself. She should be educated and know these things. When she got mad because somebody said she was having trouble believing she was a midwife, I knew she wasn't. If she was, she'd have thought it was funny.

Why would she have? you're basing that on the assumption that everyone reacts the same and behaves the same and they don't

Wow, she may actually feel that the way it's worded on the net is better than the way she could word it, many people (inc me) often aren't that great at expressing themselves, no need for this!!!

i agree! this thread is about smoking.. just seems like there is too many hormones flying around today and people just trying to nit pick! seriously who cares if shes a midwife, a butcher, or a train driver??? were all entitled to our opinions.. this is just getting silly

I am on here as a mum not as a MW i googled it and put it down so others can read it! If i had the time to write what i believe then i would, but i would properly get picked on again.

More then 20% of mothers still smoke during pregnancy and this is quite high and around half of that still smoke half a pack of cigs a day.
If every pregnant woman gave up smoking there will be some cranky people out there but the number of stillbirths and cot deaths will reduce by 10%
Yeah i agree that smoking is bad which is why i am aiming on quitting.
The babys body is put under extreme stress when we smoke such as the brain and the rest of the body suffers.
Smoking also complicates problems in pregnancy and the birth itself.
If women want to quit then i am all for it but if people want to carry on smoking but they know the risks then i am unable to force them into anything they don't want to do.

I never said i condone smoking and i am entitled to my own opinion as a mum not as a MW.

Some people don't let things go.
I made my opinion and people are having a go for it, next time i will just sit in the corner and not say a word!!

Why would she have? you're basing that on the assumption that everyone reacts the same and behaves the same and they don't

Then you believe what you want believe, and we wil believe what we believe.There. End of xx

and because i do not sound educated in some of my posts means i am not a MW? I think its sad that you are even looking into my posts that i have put! I would not think its funny a lot of people in my personal life have made fun of me because i wanted to go out there and become a MW and now when people say something i do take it to heart. I may not be like you allaboard and take things on the chin because i am not like that at all.

Ladies can we get back to the original post please, i suggest if you have any concerns about a person, you report a post of theirs and give details.

I gave up smoking when I fell pregnant as I didn't want my baby being exposed to something that could harm them in any way. I don't agree with women smoking the same amount as before they were pregnant because it's a total disregard of studies stating it is detrimental to unborn babies health. Having said that I understand that smoking is an addiction and even though I gave up straight away does not mean everyone can. But IMO every mother should make a conscious effort to stop by cutting down etc x

This is totally stupid and Im likely going to be shot down for asking, but is anyone else smoking during pregnancy? I have tried to quit but it is way hard for me. (i already have two children an my husband is in afghanistan til dec-jan 2012. He wont be home for the birth and most of the pregnancy. He left Jan 9 2011 an is expected to be home Jan 2012. I am stressed and I am still smoking :(:(:(

Firstly, :hugs:

Please don't beat yourself up too much hun. At least you are aware of the problem. How many are you smoking a day? Can you cut down a bit?

Maybe it's worth seeing your GP who can maybe pescribe you the patch or something? I am not to sure what you are allowed to take smoking wise during pregnancy.

I was a heavily addicted smoker when i fell pregnant, but i was able to quit cold turkey and never look back. I know that's not as easy for some people but maybe it's another option.

xxx

Thanks people... it seems to me some people are in the mood to have a go at someone for having their own opinions, am at work and everyone here seems to think that people are taking things to far and that people are entitled to their own opinions some obviously don't agree with me still smoking but do know that i am cutting down and like another poster said that they are not going to hold a gun to my head and force me to stop. it's everyones choice what they do and no one can force them to do what they don't want

I don't know why my post has been deleted?!?!?! Yet the attacking ones are still here. Bull x

Just wanted to point out that we stopped and you're still going. Does that say something to you? It does to me.

Let it go and get back to the topic. K, thanks, bye.

the one where i was sticking up for you and telling everyone else to mind their own business! xxx

Just wanted to point out that we stopped and you're still going. Does that say something to you? It does to me.

Let it go and get back to the topic. K, thanks, bye.

I am talking to the other posters and nothing to do with you!
Did you not realise that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->