So am i pregnant or not????

kayla2010

Reaction score
Basically this sounds stupid i dont know if im going insane.....

25th November i found out i was pregnant, 5 Positive tests (all different brands) and 1 neg. A week prior to that i had done 2 HPT's which were negative. 4 days after finding out i was pregnant i suffered a bleed, quite clotty actually quite heavy only lasting 3 days which is short for me. when i started to bleed i went to the hospital as i also had terrible cramps the doc then said that my Preg Test came up negative..And also my blood test, so the doctor said ive had a chemical pregnancy, but its strange i had already done a test the week before and it was negative.
The day i stopped bleeding i bought some opks and started to used them just to get an idea of my cycle...for the past 10 days i have had two very dark lines stating im ovulating??? straight after my period not only that...for 10 ays??? i dont know wether my body is showing LH present..

but all week i have had really bad pregnancy like symptoms exactly the same syptoms i had when i was..and im really bloated. I have looked at a couple of sights and it says info of docs tests and bloods coming back Neg but ultrasound showing pregnant..

I just want to know if anyone has ever been in this situation or know anyone who has because i have been sent a letter with an appointment date for my scan 29th December ( bad practice, obviously no comminucation because theyve sent me out an appointment) it may be worth while going....

please helpp xx

I haven't gone through your situation, but did have a m/c in the past. My doctor recommended me to rest for 3 cycles before TTC again. Said that I should give my body some time to heal before getting pregnant again, as doing it too early may increase the change of another m/c. I know that some other doctor doesn't have the same opinion. Some would say 1 cycle would be enough.

But I think you should not try to TTC so soon. Probably your body is trying to recover, and that is why to have all those crazy hormone, which is giving you a positive on the OPK. Probably just rest for one cycle.

Anyway, about being pregnant of not, you can ask your doctor for a scan. Or you will know when your AF is due at the end of your current cycle.

I am confused, have you have an u/s showing that you are pregnant?

I had a mc diagnosed in feb and was showing positive opks which led me to try an hpt which was positive 3 weeks after the supposed mc, and as it turned out it was ectopic, however my hcg was a clear positive and was increasing (just not at the right rate).

Thanks for replying....

i havent had an ultrasound they have gave me an appointment though...for 29th decemeber

is it possible to just get false positive tests..?
because i said to the doc in the hosp so basically im having a miscarriage she said no..your pregnancy test would still show positive and so would your blood how confusing!!
i think i might buy a pregnancy test..Just to double check!

I'm sorry, I think the OPK is just picking up left over pg hormone. The tests they use in hosp are not sensitive at all so you would show neg but OPK and home pg tests are MUCH more sensitive so you will still show pos.
After my m/c ( I only bleed heavy 1 day and stopped completly after 5 days) I was still testing pos until 10 days after, this is very common....I feel for you, it is horrible not knowing what is going on and seeing pos tests after a m/c.
I tested with HCG test everyday until they were totally neg then started using OPK.
Best of luck to you.
x

It unlikely that you are pregnant as your blood test would almost certainly show positive even if the urine is negative. The blood tests are highly sensitive.

You could perhaps ask your dr to do another blood test. If the hcg isnt doubling there is a problem.

As amy2boys says its more likely your body is readjusting.

I wouldnt go on the basis of opks for pregnancy anyway.......

I think in yourself you wont be sure until you see for yourself so perhaps go for the scan but be prepared for the worst. I truly wish you all the best for a good outcome xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->