So annoyed!!!

welshcowgirl

mum to 3 ds and pg
Reaction score
Its dh birthday saturday. Its the first one while weve been together that falls on a weekend. So i had decided to do him a tea party. Not much but something to celebrate. Id organised my mum to take me shopping tomorrow to get a few bits for it. I txt him to see if his parents where coming down, so i knew how much food to get. He rings me to say he doesnt want one! That he wants to go out in the day with the kids to take dog for walk or something. I explain it wouldnt be till tea time. He still flatly refused. I know its his day, but i just wanted to do something nice. Hes so ungreatful!!!

I understand it's annoying when you'd started to make plans, but I think it should be up to him what he does on his birthday.

It could be worse hon, he could have said he wanted to spend the day with mates getting drunk. I think it's nice that he jusy wants a low key birthday with the kids etc.

I agree with the PPs, its his birthday let him decide what he does hun. x

I know its his birthday and he should do what he wants. I just wanted to do something nice for him. Its ss birthday today, so we will be celebrating that too. Its always the same though. Im nervous about getting him a gift as he always shouts at me, that i shouldnt have bothered.

I understand where you're coming from hun. My OH is the same. I want to get him quite a few things for Christmas but he will not let me. He says only to get the 3 things he asked for. I know for a fact if I got him an extra thing, even one I know he really wants he would be upset with me so I just listen I suppose, saves me cash :rofl:

Yeah its really doing my head in now. He always says we cant afford it, so not to bother. So im going to get him a new iphone case, as i know he needs one and wont cost much. But i already feel bad its not much, but either way he will complain. X

:hugs:
I think it's great he wants to spend the day with his kids.

:hugs: I know it's annoying that you're trying to plan something but like others have said it's his birthday :/ It really annoys me when people try to plan things for me I just like low key close family no celebration. It reminds me I'm ageing and getting old and that depresses me :haha:
I'm sure you'll all still have a lovely day no matter what you do :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"