+/-? So confused.

crystalmj84

Reaction score
Sigh. Rounding up 2nd month TTC, FF has yet to say "you've ovulated! yay!" and I'm so confused. I started using OPK's this month looking for help... and got more confusion. Tested positive (with a temp spike) on CD 13, then temp dropped and neg OPK's. I am now on CD 23 with 4 (yes, 4) days in a row of positive opk's.

I've attached the + from CD 13, and then from CD 23. When it's negative, there's still a line, but it's fainter.

So- my question is, am I reading them wrong?

Double Sigh.

(also - I'm new. Go easy on me) :)

Attachments

• OPKCD13.jpg
    OPKCD13.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 55
  • OPKCD23.jpg
    OPKCD23.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 18
Hi hun

Your temps seem to be a bit confusing and I am not entirely sure why. If you received a positive OPK, you usually ovulate 12 - 36 hours of that positive OPK. Only after ovulation, does your temperature rise and then stays high up until the day prior, the day off, or the day after your period starts.

I am not sure what your positive OPK looked like on CD 13, but the attached images are not positive. Positive means that you Test line is as dark or darker than your control line. These tests seems to be just a bit lighter than your control line. Perhaps it is as dark and its just my screen that sees it differently :)

Either way, even though these are negatives, they actually indicate that ovulation is very close. Perhaps another day or 2? When did you start temping? If you only started temping this month, it might take at least one complete cycle for you to actively know when you are ovulating. Using OPK is secondary so don't rely on it. Temperature is much more reliable. I personally started temping and used my OPK at the same time, to understand exactly how my OPK looks prior to ovulation (as FF shows me when I ovulated). That said though, I have used the blue handle OPK tests and have never had a full positive where both lines are the same color. I have only ever had tests that looks like yours, but based on my temperatures, I knew I ovulated. Perhaps try a different brand of OPKs? I used two brands with the same urine sample and one test looked like yours and the other was a definite positive.

Sorry I can't be off much help, but just keep temping everyday so you have a basis for next months charting. Who knows, perhaps you get pregnant this cycle. Good luck!!

When the test line is as dark or darker than the control line, it's a positive.

These tests look close to positive but there not did you test again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->